Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Absolutely adore this game!!!!! Been addicted to it since release man! One thing I struggle with is the mats to cast my fav spells. I buy all I can from the shops but maybe its by design to limit spell usage?

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Urghhhh!!!! Had a good run finally earning some decent gold and the game crashed and save will not load!

Now must start all over again. Guess I may need to use more than one save slot to try to keep some of my progress. But lost hours worth of gameplay and am not happy -- at all.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #163 Booch138, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Dev took pretty much everything that made Bastion great, and put a delightful and refreshing way of the Rogue-formula. So far I am in love. Nice work man, totally bought $5 double gem situation. Have a couple of PBR on me. This game is magic. Hahahaha

Edit: seriously, the animations, the artwork, the weapons and magic system (and I'm not even far) is incredibly impressive and incredibly polished. Saw someone lost some data above... that sucks and totally hope that doesn't happen to me hahaah...

4. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Actually, with the way it saves and quits, you can only use one save slot per game. So guess it's just a crap shoot that you may loose your progress.

Dev, might good to allow you to manually save to more than one slot for the same game to prevent losing so much.

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I have had it crash or I closed it out by accident or whatever but I swear this is the best save system I have ever seen. I am in the identical spot I was before it crashed every single time. So not sure what happened with your progress.

6. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #166 anthony78, May 28, 2017
    It just says "error" on the save spot and gives a message that it cannot be loaded. I liked the save system but think there needs to be a way to have more than one save if your only save can become corrupted.

I actually can't even use that same top save slot at all now.

7. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Can you please explain the item quality to me? I'm finding gear that is purple or gold but it appears to be crappier than the green and blue stuff I've already got. I'm really confused about how to tell what's better.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Sometimes lower dps on divine or legendary stuff doesnt mean its worse than a higher dps lesser quality piece. Just means it probably has other stats that are better or something that makes it unique.

9. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Not sure what the Divine treasury does either. Earlier someone said it gave you a blind box daily? I guess that's a free gift? I went in and it says sell all, but all what?
    There were two things above that, a cap and a coin.
    Pressed the coin and it turned into another cap. Im still confused. Selling all makes me worry all my equipment will convert to gold. Im betting its just the equipment above but can anyone explain?

10. Nonstickron

Sep 24, 2009
    Central Florida
    Like the lower quality gear has better stats, more effects, and is just better in every way, due to leveling.

11. Nonstickron

Sep 24, 2009
    Central Florida
    I think it's just random loot.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I have noticed that too. Eventually you need to switch it out because the dps stays stagnent kind of. I was wondering how to increase that damage myself but finally I let some divine stuff go for better dps fabled stuff.

13. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You get the two pieces of gear you mentioned (yes you have to click on a coin sometimes) and I think "sell all" would just apply to those two items. If you want one or both, drag them to your inventory. So, it's just a daily reward thing.

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #174 stubbieoz, May 28, 2017
    This game just keeps getting better.
    After getting further today in my game today more things have opened up to me. Now gold is becoming a necessary commodity again.
    This game is very, very impressive. Would love to see a TouchArcade review done.
    Definitely has my vote for game of the year so far.

15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Loving the game so far; early days but the generally favourable responses so far bode well.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain the difference between "Bag Inventory" and "Backpack Inventory"?

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Far as I can tell they are both just inventory holders.

17. SpeckledJim

SpeckledJim Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Playing this on an iPad3, and whilst the performance is fine generally, I've noticed the game will lock up completely for about a second on a very regular basis. Curious if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

18. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Enjoying this game. Very slick, though I'd rename the Divine Treasury. With such a grand name, I thought it simply had to be something grand.
    Haven't really found a flaw yet. Some small things arent obvious but that's it.
    bought the gem doubler.

19. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Update is out.
    Have also bought gem doubler to support Dev.
    Fantastic game, almost what Torchlight mobile should have been.

20. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Really liking this game.