Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. #141 AppUnwrapper, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    I mean, everything is randomized (I even had completely different enemies in the dungeon on my second game than I had in the first game in the dungeon before the ice one). It's possible some are having better luck with drops than others. I still can't believe how many chakrams I looted in my first game and then I got none up to the same point on my second game, despite clearing out more of the dungeons. Also, some are watching videos to get more and others aren't.

Some also played it before and seem to be coming in with prior knowledge.

Or maybe it is a glitch.

If people *are* watching ads and then talking about how easy it is to earn gold, well....I don't know what to say.

Edit: I just tried one of the "one sword" dungeons after the ice dungeon. Got skewered by the first few mobs and left before they could kill me.

Edit 2: I kept going back in to try new dungeons, since they're randomized. I finally got one that's much easier. This seems wrong.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yes.

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    ^ Second. The only reason I have so much gold is "watching" ads.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Then the gem doubler isn't making the game "premium" if people are still watching ads for gold.

I think like an earlier post that the doubler should apply to gems and gold.

5. shirefolksam

shirefolksam New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I have 181k gold; have not had any issues at all since the start, and I have not used any exploits. Bought a divine weapon and some legendaries, upgraded storage. But what all do you even need to buy anyway? (I definitely did not need to make my purchases, but did so because of the ample amount of gold.) In my experience, the loot drops in dungeons is pretty good. I'm level 18 btw, and yes I do watch ads for gold, but as you can see, I have gold to spare.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Well that's the point, people are getting by easily because of the ads but if you just buy a gem doubler without using ads, you're actually having a harder time. Also it's hard to even tell if the gem doubler is actually in use or not the way it's implemented.

Of course you should have gold to spare if you have over 100k gold / watch ads. As someone who doesn't use ads, After 1 hour of play I made about 1000 gold. So take that into perspective.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #147 Amenbrother, May 28, 2017
    I have $227k gold and dont watch ads. I sell stuff I dont need and keep rolling.

EDIT: I also wait to upgrade the shops for free gold which happens when you sell enough to them I think. You still need anvils and stuff but free gold.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I do the exact same thing but as you can tell, I don't have nearly that amount. I love loot games a lot and I always maximize my efficiency by only keeping the top tier items or two of equips. Never run into a lot of gold.

9. shirefolksam

shirefolksam New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I make by far the most good from selling loot. Dungeons give tons of loot. I really don't know how people are having gold issues.

10. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Some feedback

Hi everybody ... after a day of much needed rest I've been looking through all the comments in the forums here. First of all, thank you all so much for playing and offering up feedback, comments, questions ... it's really awesome to see so many people playing and having fun.

There's a couple of topics that have been brought up here that I want to make sure people understand straight away.

1) Gem Doubler
    Yeah, the primary thing this does is make the randomized gems come at a faster rate ... but I realize that it's confusing to not see the visual double drop, so I'll look at possible changing this in the next patch. It does also affect the number of gems you get at level up, but I also throw new players a little more gems in the first couple of levels to get ya started and to be able to experiment and explore what the game has to offer.

2) Gold balance
    The opt-in ads for gold are totally optional and it's my intention that they are not required to advance the game. Gold feels a little more scarce in the early game, but I think that as players get further in the game and have multiple dungeons available to them at multiple difficulties that you guys will find there are ample places to get gold. However, if you like watching ads to get a leg up on it please do ... it will help me get enough revenue to make another game if you like this one ;)

There's also some really good suggestions I've seen in here about pet health, balance (that's always a tough one in any randomized game), showing the monster/trap/chest all clear in the UI, show keys in the UI ... all great stuff. As I go forward I'll look at putting this stuff in ... I wish there were more hours in the day ;)

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    It has been a while to see a freemium game getting such high rating and good feedback!! U are blessed to have created such a perfect game!

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #152 anthony78, May 28, 2017
    Thanks for the info but that doesn't explain why some people have tons and tons of gold and others like myself sit at around 3,000. And, yes, I do sell the vast majority of my loot.

Still would be nice for those of us who paid for the gem doubler to also get double gold. Is that something you can consider? I took you at your word that buying the doubler made it more or less premium so I don't feel like watching ads in my "premium " game.

Also am through the ice dungeon and feel like I haven't gotten much in the way of gems either TBH. Probably would have gotten a gem pack instead of the doubler if I had know it would be this slow.

Love the game but something is off (for some of us at least).

13. Ughhhh I picked up a chakram with 41 attack, the highest I've seen. Equipped it and was using it. Went back to town, sold some stuff, and now see I'm using one with 30 attack. I have no idea what happened, if it somehow got unequipped and sold? I would not have unequipped it on purpose. Sigh.

14. shirefolksam

shirefolksam New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Did you possibly leave it in an enchant shrine? I've done that multiple times and had to go back and grab it. I wish it auto re-equipped after an enchant shrine.

15. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Cool, thanks for the feedback ... I really think that as you get further into the game gold is less of an issue as there are lots of dungeons and gauntlets to run in between advancing the story, but I am always open to balance feedback especially when it comes to the rate at which players acquire gems and gold and will adjust as needed moving forward for sure.

Also especially helpful for me is to have these thoughts reported using the in game feedback tool ... that way I also get to take a look at your current save game and put those thoughts in context :)

16. #156 AppUnwrapper, May 28, 2017
    No, I didn't even open any enchant shrines since I got it.

Just looted one with 49 attack, though, so all's good as long as that doesn't disappear.

Edit: Just found an enchant shrine and put the 49 chakram in it. It gave it 100% crit hit damage! #

17. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Have you bought gems & watch ad's?

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Might you have changed out some equipment that had a power boost attribute?

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Bought gem doubler and first straight gem pack but no ads. I am telling you gold comes flowing later, plus as I am leveling up and killing bosses gems start rolling in too.

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The last sentence in this quote has changed my mind in regards to the ads.
    I now put aside 10 minutes a day to simply watch all the available Daily Ads as a way to constantly support the developer without outlaying any money. But keep in mind these ads are totally optional to have to watch.
    Also gold is not the main economy in the game. Gems are. So paying for the gem doubler to bring the game to a premium state seems fair.
    For people who just hate ads (totally understandable) perhaps a coin doubler iap for a couple of bucks could work as a way to support the developer.
    But as was mentioned, gold becomes less of a necessity as you progress further into the game.

One thing if you haven't already worked it out for yourselves.
    You get the Daily Gold from entering each shop and the vault. After watching each ad you can just tap on your characters icon in the top left hand side of the screen, and then back to the shop keeper icon to make another Daily Ad appear. Very quick to do it like this.
    I haven't yet counted how many times you can repeat getting the Daily Ads per day but it would be somewhere around 20 times I think.