Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So I failed the ice boss, dying twice (using one revive potion). Maddening because I literally had him down to being able to kill him with my next attack.

I have no Fire spells left and the store isn't selling any of those crimson ash (?) things. Is there any way to buy / earn spell material and craft them outside of the dungeons? Evidently it will take me straight to the boss if I go back in.

2. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    FOR GOLD;

Go yo merchants ( works both in dungeon and village ), watch an ad, sell sonething and ad option replenishes and you can watch and sell and watch...

I have 14k gold and some good stuff pırchassd from blacksmith

Finished ice dungeon and upgraded blacksmith ( better equipment ).

So far chakram ( a special one ) and a sword is my favorite.

Also bought a healing pet and sentinel spell is also good for attracting monsters off

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So does anyone know exactly how the gem doubler works? I'm only getting 1 gem per pick up so the only other possibility is that it increases gem sightings. I can't even tell it's working so I'd have rather it just made all gem drops +2. I would love some clarification from the developer.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    For me I was thinking if 1 drops in a dungeon then 2 will drop with doubler. Seems fine to me I have plenty.

Also does anyone know how to increase damage on weapons? I have divine weapons with lower damage than worst quality ones.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm not sure buying and selling have anything to do with it. I just switch between the equipping and shop tabs while in a shop. I'm at 53k gold and haven't played the 3rd dungeon yet.

6. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    So no advice on getting fire spells or materials for fire spells? Hate that you can't go back into a previous dungeon to grind for it. Think the first one had fire stuff

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I am constantly low on green spell stuff for some reason.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    You got fire drops in the first dungeon because it was the only spell you had at the time. Elements don't drop until you buy into a magic school.

As for the gem doubler, I think it increases the drop rate directly. AFAICT, it does not give 2 for 1 or turn each gem that would drop into 2.

If the developer is reading this, some requests/comments

* An option to display all enemy health bars would be great
    * on the map screen, add an icon for monster, chest, and trap completion and fill them in when completed on that floor
    * as others have noted, it isn't clear what the hierarchy of item quality is supposed to be

9. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    After you complete the first couple of levels you can simply choose level one dungeons for as long as you like. They're not always easy but it's nearly the same as repeating and grinding levels. By doing that and watching some ads I had well over $100,000 and very decent gear. Spent some since then. #

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    From how I've been playing, I go to a new dungeon, get whooped, then when I'm about to KO, I click "exit dungeon" and then gear up and repeat. I'll earn coin/gear and get the keep the stuff I obtained. This is how I've been "progressing" because I think that's the only way to do it. Some of the main story dungeons are just so hard you can't beat it in just one go, you need to level and gear up by trying and failing. Basically, just leave the dungeons when you're about to get KO'd.

I don't watch ads and just bought the gem doubler so we'll see how I do with gold. So far, I'm not doing well with gold at all. Probably make 500 ish gold per dungeon. If the ads are a thing I definitely think the dev should bundle gold doubler with the gem doubler since it doesn't seem balanced at all if you're avoiding ads.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Look back a few pages I said what quality tier is.

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #132 Misguided, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    That's not the point. It should be clear in game without having to reference external sources. People have become accustomed to the Diablo/WoW method of doing thing. It's cool if you want to deviate from that, but the player shouldn't have to guess what order legendary, fabled, and divine go in.

Note: not a major thing. This is a minor nitpick of an excellent game. Simply trying to provide feedback to make it better.

On a separate note, if people are struggling to handle rooms with lots of enemies, you aren't using the tools at your disposal. Even early on, sentinels and stalagmites are a huge help dealing with groups, chakrams too.

13. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    This game isn't balanced. You don't earn enough gold or gems unless you pay or watched ad's. Even with the gem doubler you don't earn enough. I never have enough gems to pay for a pet if I upgrade a spell or shop. If I ever did pay for a pet I would never earn enough to really advance spells or shops that would help me thru the quest because the difficulty ramps up really quickly after defeating the Frost wizard.

I don't understand why enemies are allowed to move as many spaces as they want on their turn and I can only move 1 space per turn. It's tuff when you're getting swarmed from all sides and are being attacked at will it feels like.

I could be wrong but it seemed the Dev hustled me. He was here on the thread explaining how he balanced the game to where you bought the doubler it would be a premium experience and then just never came back to explain why the doubler feels worthless or why aspects of the game are not what he claimed them to be.

Why can't I just switch my weapons without loosing a turn? Why are the health potions so expensive?

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I have had a totally different experience than you so far. I have plenty of gems and a crap ton of gold, I buy potions every time I can too. Along with the revival potions for gems.

15. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    #135 Ikeda, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    No issues. Have Ice, Fire, Sentinel all to lvl 9. 20 gems in the bank. Swordsmith to lv 5, blacksmith to lv 3. "Wasted" about 15K in gold on an Axe that was immediately replaced in the next dungeon. That's what I get for buying items.

You can't switch weapons IRL without taking a few to switch them out. You need to figure out the tactics. You're not going to be able with a troll charging at you to immediately go from a bow, to an axe, there's atleast a "draw" motion. SOOOOOO you should plan. If you have a yeti about to come at you, either hit it with Chakra's/arrows. When it gets close-ish (not charge), I change to axe/sword when they are 2 away so they waste a turn coming into my range.

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Gotta say that gold and gems (even with the doubler) do still seem rather scarce. Never had more than 4,000 gold. Most of the gold I spent is on potions because the loot drops are pretty good.

But seems like I got a fair amount of gems at first then hardly any. I was able finally to pass the ice boss after going through that side dungeon.

Don't know. Think it could be a bit more balanced.

What happened to the dev anyway? After the first day or so, seems like he disappeared. Would like to hear his thoughts on balancing.

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    What do "Perfectly Crafted" (equipment attribute) and "Singularity" (attack proc) mean?

I'm starting to again think that fabled is rarer than divine. I'm seeing far less of them.

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    On the gem note, I'm starting to wonder if I would have even been better off buying one of the gem IAPs instead of the doubler. Just not getting many.

19. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Just a possibility. Having looked at the difference in gold people are finding, might there be a glitch where some players are getting more than they should? Or is it just the ads making a difference?

20. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Someone did say earlier that there was an exploit with gold. I don't know what it is but maybe those with lots of gold are using it.