Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I just picked it up too. After I look around the town, I will likely buy the gem doubler. Level one was interesting and I already have a few new weapons..
    Id also not Have picked it up if it wasnt free. I dislike iap but if the one off purchase works out, this is a great little game. Easy to pick up and understand, so far.
    How do I tell if I finished a dungeon properly? I think I did all of the first one.

2. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    You'll get 2 messages across the screen. 1 for 100% enemies killed and another for 100% chests. Once you get those messages, so far, I've moved on.

3. #103 AppUnwrapper, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    So wait...you can die and keep everything? Is there no penalty whatsoever? If so, I'd leave my potions in the vault and just let myself die. Seems like a better strategy than wasting $250 potions when I'm getting pummeled?

Edit: Wait.... apparently you can leave the dungeon at any time as long as you don't go through the portal, you get to keep your loot and then the dungeon resets? And you can keep going back until you beat it? Am I the only one who thinks that's dumb? Why doesn't it just let you return after beating it for some extra loot? But I guess I'll exploit it if that's the only way to get extra loot.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Seriously in love with this game! I got a divine chakram and it has like an aoe singularity move thats awesome! I am going to buy all the pets and crap I can probably lol

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Bizarre. How are you exiting?

6. JaySam032

JaySam032 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Are you guys actually getting 2 gems when you pick up a gem with the doubler? When I pick up a gem, I am only getting one. The doubler is shown as being purchased. I just wasn't sure if you get double the drops or if you are suppose to get 2 per pick up.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Omg a thief grabbed my necklace then I died!!!! So its gone :(

8. Use the Home button and then Back to Town (or something like that). I used it a bit on my second game to get some extra loot in the ice dungeon. Then things were going well enough when I went back, so I just finished it. But that's what I'm going to do if a dungeon feels too hard.

It does make sure not to give you experience for clearing out a floor again (I think). So it almost seems like an intentional exploit?

9. lukaMis

lukaMis Member

Jul 29, 2016
    It asks me to Abandon current quest. Is this what you are doing?

Is it just me or is my equipment getting enchantments while using it. Or is it only on level up or something. Anybody got message that equipment gained enchantment during battle?

10. Yes, if you do that you abandon the quest but when you enter the dungeon again, it will just reset itself. You'll keep everything you found in there. From now on, I'm going in first without a pet, see how things go...and then maybe leave and come back with it once I've sussed out the place.

And yes, mine says it gains an enchantment but I think it's just leveling up, no?

11. lukaMis

lukaMis Member

Jul 29, 2016
    #111 lukaMis, May 27, 2017
    @AppUnwrapper
    Tnx. :)

All right, another random question. If i download this on my iPad and use restore purchases i will get gem drops x2 on iPad too right since i bought them on phone? I will just have to start game from scratch since there is no cloud save? Is this about right?

edit:
    Nope. My ring and boots just got enchantment while just walking around. No level up for me at all. Console logger under settings displays Rank up for boots. Is it possible that equipment keeps getting better the more you use it?

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    So far as I can tell, equipment levels up based on your wearing/using it.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yes or do you mean those enchantments? I noticed wearing stuff and moving around or killing stuff adds special things to gear too.

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Right, that's what I meant. But there are also levels, like x of 10.

15. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Just finished the 3rd dungeon i have now 22k gold. Didnt repeat any dungeon

16. moopsh

moopsh New Member

May 27, 2017
    The one thing I'll say is that I wish buying the gem doubler disabled ads entirely. As a serial min/maxer, I'm still tempted to get the extra bonuses from ads every time I'm presented with the option. I understand trying not to give anyone a disadvantage for spending money, but the $5 IAP should act as a gatekeeper to a truly premium experience. Maybe the daily rewards are still available at each location, but can simply be collected without an ad. Not to suggest anything that lowers the dev's revenue - I understand the difficulty of the market, and this game was clearly made with a lot of love.

17. #117 AppUnwrapper, May 27, 2017
    What are you considering the third dungeon? I call the ice dungeon the third and that doesn't seem possible without at least watching some ads. So I guess you mean the one after that?

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Once I got past the second dungeon I ended up with this choice of 3 dungeons when going through that portal...? Seems like you can farm them. Two are rated one sword and one is rated two. Not sure if I have access to the true third dungeon yet.

And I'm getting 1,250 in gold per ad now...?

19. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I completed the ice dungeon and 2 side dungeons, still didnt enter the fire one. I have roght now 39k gold and found an awesome weapon

[​IMG]

20. Has anyone found any pets around dungeons, or you need to buy them all?