Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Question: Is it better to concentrate on 1 or 2 upgrade paths for the spells or just upgrade everything? So far I've been trying to upgrade everything because of different monsters and weaknesses in dungeons but it's very hard to keep up, gems are a limited resource...

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I would definitely pick 2 or 3, keeping in mind that you may need to upgrade until you get down a certain elemental path so as to truly concentrate on upgrading, as I did with the final cosmic and sky spells (just a personal preference).

3. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    The spell ingredients can be hard to get too.
    Banish only uses two (of the purple cosmic). A lot of people loved banish. So do shield and electric field which I chose. I kept converting the green, nature, and the orange, earth, ingredients to make more of the sky or yellow ingredient and never ran out once I concentrated on those. You can convert at cauldrons.

4. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Just letting everybody know that thanks to the bug reports submitted, I was able to find the issue that causes this after the battle with Hosperak. A new version is now awaiting review from Apple and should be available in about 24 hours or so.

After watching some youtube videos of people playing and missing items on the ground ... I also took the opportunity to make legendary and better items float in the game world so that they are easier to find ... and same goes for the vendor upgrade resources.

Thanks for your continued support ... touch arcade fans rock!!!

:)

5. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Is it applicable for iPad2?

6. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I kept visiting the supply shop until I finally had a hundred of everything. Doesn't feel like one is more rare than the others.

7. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    iPad 2 is pretty old, I don't think it has enough memory to run this. However, because it's free you can always just download it and give it a try.

8. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Cool! Yes, such an awesome community here.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I never concentrated on what element a character had a weekness to. My main attack was always physical. No enemy is immune to a physical attack. Mods to weapons and armour tend to fire off fairly regularly if you are able to have their percent chance of happening above 10%.

The Story mode is not really that hard to complete. So long as you understand what attacks the enemies can do you can pretty much accomodate everything with just two or three spells and good physical weapons.
    It never got old when going against those green blobs and they would reproduce till the whole screen was full of them and then wiping them all out at once with a Banish spell. #

Don't forget to back step out of view if you want to change your weapon or spell without the turn penalty.
    Keep your daggers and wands for bosses and you should have no trouble.

10. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #550 Silver99, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    I started a new character and noticed the levelling up numbers are screwy. She is level seven and has about 180,000 points out of the 198,000 for the next level. This shows when you press near that scroll on the top left. Obviously it's wrong.
    Edit: Okay, I think Im wrong actually. My level 150 charcater has around 41 million level points.

Also got two 5 gem Divine treasure chests with her.

11. SpeckledJim

SpeckledJim Member

Apr 25, 2012
    I've noticed a few instances of the game getting into an unplayable state. By which I mean it's still clearly running, everything is still animating, etc, but the game is completely ignoring touch input. The only recourse at that point is force quitting it.

It's happened most often exiting the dialogue for upgrading a spell. Sometimes the game is laggy and seems to delay responding to a touch, so you tap again and this can result in this input ignoring state.

It also happened once in the same way trying to bring up the map. Game still clearly running, but ignoring input.

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You should also specify your device for the dev.

13. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Update out.

I was able to step through the portal and complete the game! Thanks!

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yeah, levelling up requires high numbers in xp, though it is no problem as enemy kills give you corresponding high xp anyway.

And are you saying that your level seven new character got a 5 gem chest?
    I have not seen one yet using my old character. Might be time to make a new one if that's the case.
    Was the 5 gem cost worth the chest contents?

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I have only ever seen a 2 gem chest lol....

16. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #556 Silver99, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Not sure. Lol I shouldve cataloged it. Definitely getting 3 gem chests a lot. And for a low chracter, I am getting more higher quality stuff than before.
    Legendary sword and shield, divine ring, fabled boots. I may have had 4 % finding of special items? Though I no longer have that.
    Since Gems are shared across characters and I had about 60 gems from my other one, I didnt hesitate to spend it and didnt note exactly what I got. Next time I will.
    Im up to level ten now.

17. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Finding at least with this new character, that the sockets arent greatly useful. Ive added them to over 9 items and found talismans worth adding about twice? Since I keep finding better shields, swords, etc, the socketed ones get sold off before I find talismans. That may change as I play more and the game gives me more talismans so I have some in storage to use.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If you find a boot talisman that gives you a free turn every five turns (damn you rotten thieflings) I will give you my first grandchild for it. #

19. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #559 Silver99, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Not yet! I shall name that grandchild Thiefling.
    :D
    Best Ive found yet was a talisman with eight turns?
    Just got another 3 gem chest. Seems to be at least one in every dungeon I visit. Divine sword inside it that does 400 damage compared to most I see that do half that.
    Wondering if my game is divinely blessed. My wands and daggers still replenish, though I stopped using those with my high level character, at low levels it's a big bonus.
    PS If you kill thieflings, you sometimes get the most awesome loot off them. So far Ive only been robbed once and I got it back asap. I freeze them or electrific field them.

20. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I have two :) I also have some random ones like a 100% chance to use shrines twice. However, equipment becomes obsolete so quickly I don't use any of them.