Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
  2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    bought gem doubler yesterday got 40 gems so far so yeah really enjoying this game wish there was a dpad or something though instead of tapping tiles.

3. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Sign of a great game for me is when you keep playing because you need to find that perfect weapon or armor.
    Finally found a bow with a socket worth slotting my critical hit talisman into it, so now I have a 865 damage bow with a critical hit damage of 189%, knockback 25%, and critical hit chance of 60% when the talisman effect adds onto the other factors.

Electric field effect at level 141 - after casting it three times, bosses often get hit with 15,000 damage and fall over dead on their third step.

4. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013

Wow I've really been enjoying the story actually, I think it's an interesting plot for a fantasy setting!

5. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Question: Is the gem doubler IAP enough to comfortably enjoy the game without feeling the freemium shenanigans or do you constantly have to watch ads despite buying the IAP to accumulate enough resources in order to enjoy it?

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Plenty enough imo.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Ditto.

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    It feels like the ads help a lot early on but also feels less necessary later, IF you side and/or dungeon or gauntlet dungeon a fair bit. It's all fun because of the loot and enemy variety, so it doesn't feel like grinding.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ooh, thanks. Looks like a good one!

I've been in the cosmic gauntlet for like 5 days. Can't seem to die.... Haha!

11. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    The mimics do slightly remind me of the luggage. Truth be told however, mimics were monsters in the very first edition of Dungeons and Dragons. :)

[​IMG]

12. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Diablo 3 allows you to remove gems for a price, once you find the jeweler in Act 2.

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I'm not getting double gems anymore after the update anyone else ?

14. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I'll admit that I'm not playing it as much once I beat the story mode. I still had a good time and got my time in. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't played. If I do play again, I may try another approach that increases the difficulty.

15. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Ahh, I was really hoping that you could add multiple sockets. I have boots that I was going to put multiple extra turn talismans into...

16. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Haha. Yeah, I could do this too. I think he's onto us. Ive been searching for double socketed boots or helm and the game seems designed so you cant get them. My bow with high critical hit damage and high critcal hit chance seems one of the best weapons , excluding the wands that recharge.
    The talisman for that would be really rare. Havent seen another like it. Tried making another good bow but Im at level 150 and nothing comes close to over 3000 damage 60% using only a bow most of the time.

Only just used my high swarm talisman 25%? in a helm too. Wouldve made one for it, socketed a better helm, if Id realised the forge was changing this soon. Kudos to the developer for making this happen though.

17. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    That takes me back. I wonder if Pratchett borrowed from D&D?

18. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    I have the last story mode dungeon to do and Im delberately not doing it. I find the depth in weapons and armor is keeping me happy, just running through the three sword dungeons, looking for good talismans, trying out combinations.
    Gauntlet will be next, before i finish the story.

19. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #519 Silver99, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    The story adds theme and setting more than any gameplay though. I admit Without all the trappings like that and the style of the weapons etc, it would be flat. Itd be like doing a western without six guns and horses.

I find the font hard to read easily though, and font choice for reading chunks of text is an art in itself.
    I found it didnt keep me interested but thats just me. My point is that It would take this game up another notch if the story really affected the game. If you could choose different paths etc.
    As it is, I dont know what the story is and it hasnt changed how I play my game.

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #520 stubbieoz, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Not me. Played today for a couple of hours and the double gem drop seems just fine.
    Check in the iap shop menu and make sure the double gem iap still has a tick.
    And for a quick test make a new Gauntlet game and level up your character. If you get 4 gems on the level up then all is good.