Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Permanent, unfortunately.

2. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I've never seen a game where it wasn't.
    Would be interesting if you could, for a price, at the forge.
    The forge could do two things - let you add sockets, and let you lever out talismans.
    Like, sacrifice the item the talisman is inside, pay a price, but then you can pit it in some new item. Seems fair.

3. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh I definitely have........and when I remember which game it was I will post it here. #

4. SpeckledJim

SpeckledJim Member

Apr 25, 2012
    #484 SpeckledJim, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    I seem to recall Diablo 3 letting you remove gems.

To the dev: Is there anything that can be done about the ads that lock the game up? Happens often enough to be annoying, especially given the long initial load time. Just goes to a white screen. Sometimes audio is still playing, but the game is unresponsive from that point.

On the subject of loading, I'm also getting it just quit on loading into the town from start up. Don't think it's ever done it returning after a dungeon run though.

This is on iPad3 btw. I get the sense the game is butting up against the RAM size, given how often it will get evicted at the slightest chance.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, I have a feeling that is RAM or device age related. On my 6S this game has been absolutely rock solid, almost ridiculously so. I don't even feel the need to save anymore.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sounds like it's not going to keep your interest anymore because you just breezed through the game with daggers? :rolleyes: They do have the highest attack power out of anything in the game.. I guess it is a serious bug that needs to be fixed.

7. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Thanks for the info. I've submitted the bug to Unity (the game engine and ad service that I use). They've actually already gotten back to me requesting a reproduction case, which is of course difficult for me to provide. However, if you can submit me an in game bug just stating what you did here on the forums, I can at least get your device version and send it along to them.

And yeah, RAM size is by far the biggest issue ... I've optimized it a lot, and even though some older devices have the same amount of RAM as some newer ones, it seems the older devices don't handle memory as well. I'll keep pushing it though ;)

Thanks for the support!

8. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    Just wanted to let people know ... the game autosaves all the time, so there isn't anything you need to do actually.

Game saves occur at the following times:
    1. Every 3 minutes
    2. When pressing the home button and suspending the app
    3. When exiting to the title screen
    4. At a few special in game events like dying etc ...

9. misteri

misteri New Member

Dec 28, 2013
    I am so impressed at how fun this game is. A lot of really unique and interesting monsters and effects. Not just the same old clone of other games.

Does paying gems for a pet unlock it forever or just once?
    Do you lose anything in story mode when you die?
    Is there anywhere to see extra stats like hidden item find? I couldn't find a character sheet other than the shield/heart one. It would be nice to have a full stat sheet if there isn't one.

10. SpeckledJim

SpeckledJim Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Report submitted. Seems odd they aren't aware of this. I can pretty much rely on it happening at least once if I try and make use of the daily gold, given the number of times it is offered.

I see the same thing with Match Lands, which appears to be using the same ad system.

11. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    New update fixed the gauntlet pet disappearing :)
    I'm super impressed with the Developer support for this game, they are so quick to respond to submitted bugs and update quickly.
    This game stands out for so many totally different reasons, its one of those games that screams "labor of love" ...

12. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Up to this point, I was finding it difficult at times but now Ive found another recharging wand,( an earthquake one as well as the lightning one) it is definitely a piece of cake. My defence is so high most of the monsters barely touch me if I have a shield on.

Might go back to gauntlet and see how that is. See if I get daggers there that come back. Has to be a bug that has crept into my whole game, I think.

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Paying gems for a pet unlocks that pet forever.
    You don't lose anything when you die, except your progress in the dungeon.
    Unfortunately there are no extra character stat sheets. I would love to see more as I am a numbers freak. It is the one main thing imho that the game seriously lacks.

14. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Youve all seen the small stats that pop up when you press on the crossed swords and the shield?
    Critical hit chance is there and I only found it yesterday :)
    Would be nice to get a dropdown of other final stats too. Like special item finding, or shield on hit chance.

15. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    I take it back. Still having fun in spite of my OP daggers and wands.
    Some of the small things I love about this game:
    The living chests with the teeth and tongue. So Terry Pratchett. Evil bloody things :)
    The teleport map where you can see at a glance which doors youve been through because they pop up 3D on the flat map.
    The way I just stood in a burning room full of those demonic Strong Firebrands with them hosing fire everywhere and was immune to it because of my boots with immunity to ground hazards. So cool!
    Love those graphics.
    This entire game is beautifully well thought out.
    Im actually not using my daggers so much since I have more fun using other stuff. A lot of the appeal is in how everything looks when wielded.

The story is the only thing that is weak. To me, Id as much have a note saying youve now earned the right to the next great dungon as that irrelevant story.
    What would make it better?
    A less linear path where interacting with the story changes what happens next, or chnges what powers you get. The more the story alters what you get from the game, in as many ways as possible, the more relevant and fun and interesting it is. I tune out all the dialogue from the other guys in the story.

16. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Ok but what about the fact that I purchased the pet before the fix? Is it gone? I still don't have access to it without paying again.

17. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    I'll send you a private message.

18. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Finally beat the story yesterday (told me it took just over 20 hours!!). Still having fun with the game even after beating it. My main is a little OP to the point I still use a level 33 shield because I have 18% special item find on it rather than the excellent high level ones I've found. I also have two replenishing wands, one earthquake and one electric field and a third with fireball. Good times.

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Couldn't help myself - picked this game up on Steam. Having played the steam version (which has no in-app purchases) and the mobile version a lot, I can safely say that the IAP in this game is more than fair.

I can also say that the steam version runs really well on old hardware; my piece of crap media computer (fits in the palm of my hand) can run it no problem. Very impressive.

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just curious.
    I'm guessing that you are just playing Gauntlet mode and do you feel anyway inclined to replay the Story mode again?