Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    If a game does not have cloud saves to play the same profile across multiple devices, will any permanent IAP still be available via restore purchase on another device?

I cannot believe with my short attention span I played this for like 30 minutes consecutively! I love when a game comes out in a genre I'm generally not good at and suddenly it's playable for me without feeling dumbed down at all - it's giving me that Battleheart vibe all over again, and I love it. Very well done :)

2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Awesome game. Having much much less time to game these days (and much shorter attention span), it take a lot for me to buy any IAP. I've only been able to play on and off for a little bit at a time but its managed to hook me.

I love how this scratches the Diablo itch (even more than Diablo 3 which I finally purchased earlier this year). Despite being turn based, the game feels very "fast" to me. I probably should move on with the main quest..but I've been enjoying just doing all the side quests.

Thanks for an awesome game! I haven't had a game grab my attention for so long in a while.

3. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Just dropped a review in at the app store. This game needs more reviews. I guess we're all so busy being lured on to the next dungeon? Help the dev, take five minutes and write a review.

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Oh wow. Thanks for the reminder. I had completely forgotten to leave a review. Done!

5. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    The permanent gem doubler purchase can in fact be used by the same account on multiple devices. To do so just install the game on another device using the same Apple Id and open the in game store and press the "restore purchases" button, after being prompted for a password you'll receive the gem doubler just like you purchased it on the other device.

BTW, this is the process for all permanent purchases for mobile apps and is not something specific to Rogue Wizards.

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can I have a quick answer does this game run offline? I'll be away for a while

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Game plays and saves fine offline though of coarse you won't get any of the free daily gems/gold that you get through watching ads.

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks a lot it's OK!

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Yeah same here. Just left a glowing review with lots of detail (something I only do for apps I adore).

BTW I'm easily 10-15 hours in now. Gold isn't a problem and with the gem doubler I am happy with how much I can do. Already unlocked a few pets (including the 25 gem one) and I've used several gems for other stuff. The progression feels natural and not forced; I don't feel like a paywall has been slammed in my face. This is truly IAP done right, and for those who want extra gems and gold the ads are there for you.

10. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Update is out to fix the lost pet bug. Thanks dev!

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The high and low of my game yesterday.

High;
    Found a talisman for boots that had a benefit of one extra turn every five turns! Then found a pair of boots that had immune to ground effects. Joined them together with a bit of fan fair from me. #
    Went to the Gauntlet for a dungeon run.
    Wonderful Boots working a treat - no damage from acid blobs and having two turns every five was great for wiping out enemies. I was in love with my Wonderful Boots! #

Low;
    Lots and lots of thieflins on one level. Thought I was having no problem and was killing every one of them.
    Went back to town and over to the merchant.
    Looked in inventory and saw that my Wonderful Boots had been replaced by Total Crap Boots. Looked all over my inventory and my Wonderful Boots were nowhere to be seen.
    Cried for an hour. #

So now I'm over all that can anyone tell me if they have also managed to get a talisman and some boots like I had, or was it just a lucky one in a million chance?

12. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Y'owch, that sucks. What do you mean when you say you joined them??

13. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #453 Silver99, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Can anyone tell me what the forge does? I have the forge but havent tried it. The wording is very fluffy. Does it add experience to the item in the middle by destroying what is pit around it?

Yes, I have a boots talisman but only for fifteen turns every extra action. Havent found boots with a socket worth putting it into yet.

I tend to kill those thieflings with fire, freezing, high hit ninja stars, the kitchen sink :D The area effect electric field spell works wonders too, i kill most bosses with it easily, as well as thieflings. After several hits most things die as they walk.

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, the forge is strange. You sacrifice the items around the middle and seem to level up WITHOUT getting the new affixes you would get by naturally leveling. Instead it buffs current stats I think. So I guess you have to then go to the shrine to get more affixes...? I wish it were all explained better. I had a piece I really liked that seemed to get stunted by the process because I couldn't add as many affixes as I think it would have otherwise achieved.

15. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #455 Silver99, Jun 7, 2017
    Thanks! Good to know.
    Some of the effects seem screwed up, like this bow I have is supposed to knockback about 26% of the time, but it freezes. Crystal bow of thunder None of my equipment does any freezing.
    I just bought that crab pet and he seems happy just walking behind me. I swear hes done nothing so far.

16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The boots that had the immune to ground effects had a socket.

A couple of questions guys....
    What does Perfectly Crafted mean?
    Do wands recharge and if so, how?

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    He does actually freeze enemies, however if your character is already freezing enemies he won't.

Just a side note.....
    The crab and that other pet that heals are walkers.....they get damaged by ground effects. The other pets fly so they don't.

I know that the cosmic pet is regarded as the best but don't neglect the owl that silences enemies spells. He uses that ability quite often and it is also excellent against bosses.

18. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #458 Silver99, Jun 7, 2017
    Yes, took me a while but I noticed he is doing the freezing, not the bow. Hard to tell though.
    I still dont know what perfectly crafted means but I assume you get higher level effects, or can add more to those items. Has to be good , SOMEHOW :)
    I have a wand that recharges. Though all daggers replenish up to five if you keep one and dont use them all up, Im not certain about ninja stars.

This "Silencing Lightning wand of Slaying" I have started with 6/6 charges and at the top was a rank. It now has 12/12 charges and is rank 67 of 67.
    Currently it recharges one charge evry 33 turns. It is awesome. A lightning wand that zaps everything within range. It has ranked up to have several effects - silence, explosion, gold , experience, critical hit percentages. I can kill most things with two zaps and travels from creature to creature, so a whole room falls over dead. You dont have to let it go to zero to top up. It will just fill up a charge every 33 turns. Which is actually more than adequate.
    For killing I mostly use it, daggers and stars and my lightning spell. Banish I keep finding it losing effect whereas the electric field area effect just works all the time. Use it on a boss and all his underlings conjured up die instantly when they arrive inside the electric effect.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's strange about wands / daggers recharging. I can't get ANY of mine to recharge. I used them all but 1 on the boss, used a wand and dagger set and when I went back to town they're all still at 1. Am I doing something wrong?

20. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #460 Silver99, Jun 7, 2017
    At one stage my daggers seem to not recharge to 5/5. It might be a glitch? I dont think you can tell by reading the details on them.
    However this wand of mine clearly states it recharges. I have a feeling some do not do this, so they wont have on them: "Recover one charge every X turns"
    I think I have had wands that vanish too. This one will go to 0 charges and not vanish. Give it time and it's 12/12 again.
    PS Also look for a rank on them at the top.
    There have been some wands that had something called a "user rank" I think it was called, and those ones vanished, I think. Seems a different rank that maybe means you get more effective with those after a while.