Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    I play the game on an iPad mini 2 all the time, but your device probably has a lot of things in memory that for some reason the operating system won't take out. You can try to do a soft reset and see if that helps the issue.

To do a soft reset, just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.

2. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    This is not intentional and given your bug report I am able to reproduce this and will fix it in the next patch. Thank you.

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #383 houseofg, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Ok great. And no way to get those pets back I assume. (Edit: thanks for the replacement gems :) )

New update has already hit the store. Thanks for those changes.

4. delfin

delfin Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Tried that twice, it did not help.

I installed it straight from the App Store to my iPad this afternoon, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. iOS is up to date at 9.3.5(13G36). Model MD531LL/A. 4.8 GB space available. Tried it in and out of Airplane Mode. All I get is the Rogue Wizards splash screen with a spinning white circle for about 15 seconds, a notifications prompt if it's a fresh install, and then crash to desktop.

5. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #385 Misguided, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    But why would you want to do that, then? You are actually LOSING the enchantments you would have received otherwise. It's a terrible idea.

And just to be clear, pets that die in the story gauntlets (not the standalone gauntlet mode) do not revive. This does not require the character to die.

Thanks for the update!

6. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So after buying the gem doubler and 500 gems, it sounds like I should restart and only focus on a few schools of magic.

That being said, What should they be?

Cosmic for banish and what else? Your response is appreciated so I can restart and get back to it.

7. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I've found the electric field spell useful. If you move in the right directions you can get enemies to dither about in the field recieving damage on every turn. This can kill several of them.
    For beginners, the spell materials at the shop renew quite often so if youve nothing better to do and keep the game open, while watching tv or whatever, you can stock up. Not sure of exact the timing But around ten minutes to restock. So hang around in antarit, buy, close shop and wait ten, buy again.

8. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Only one page back someone said sky, ice and cosmic.
    With those you get shield, banish, electric field, lightning. Ice is also good for freeze and that is good at stopping those greedlings, thieflings, whatever theyre called.

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Any update on the game save corruption bug?

10. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    I've spent a lot of hours on this so far, but haven't reproduced it myself. The new build that went live this morning does some additional checking that might help the situation ... but it's still a guess. I'd very much appreciate it if people notified me if they still get file corruption using version 1.2.367

I did have another idea idea this morning though that I think will prevent the loss of more than a few minutes of data even if I can't find the route cause, but it will take me a day or two to code up ... it's at the top of my list and I'll be pushing an update with that code early next week.

Thanks playing the game.

11. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Thank you very much! I also just read something that you do not get any more materials once you have 100 so I can just get 100 of the ones for spells I don't want to use and not have to restart !

12. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #392 Misguided, Jun 3, 2017
    I actually haven't used the field (though I do have a wand with it and it seems pretty cool). The primary reason for sky is for Sentinel, which is great for bosses/elites.

Others like Sky/cosmic/nature (I'm the one who said ice, but it is this trio I currently have.)

Other tips:

The only thing that matters on boots for me is immunity to ground hazards. If boots don't have that, don't wear them.

Even if you don't have ice, look for helms with chance to proc shield. You can also get that on a talisman. Not essential, but very handy.

A shield with a high block chance is fantastic. A block negates all damage, afaik.

Avoid using spells other than banish if you can. If your other components are full, only cosmic will drop. It is very easy to replenish what you spend (this is actually rather unbalanced, IMO). Banish requires heavy investment (you have to keep the level current for it to be useful) which helps offset that, but the cost to use is too cheap.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks!

14. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Good tips.
    Why so happy with anti ground hazards? Those are traps? I seem to disarm those.
    Also lightning looks so fantastic zapping across a room. I admit Im a sucker for fanciness, even chose a nice looking staff with hooked end and crap over a slightly better staff. :D

I cant quite see the differences between blades and staffs. They both seem to strike only at those next to you. Is it just cosmetic?

Talisman shields always seem a low chance, like 3% so relying on those is like going into a fight with the taliban by yourself and with a 3% chance of the rest of your squad turning up lol

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I have an 11% shield talisman.

Ground hazards include acid, ice patches, and fire.

16. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Ahhh. Now I get it. Yeah, I did wonder.
    I may have sold those boots. Damn.

Even 11% means once in ten. But it would be good if the rest of the item is worth it.

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Oh man, I was always thinking of ground hazards only in terms of traps as well, which are a non-issue. Great tip.

18. Runewarden

Runewarden New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Just Wow.....

Here I am breaking a freakish record according to current records in gauntlet mode. ( Around 335K right now ) ..

Im at gauntlet 16 sitting with just over 6M .... I've invested in all schools of magic.... and reading all these comments about only going into three being advantageous confirms something ive been thinking about for a while. Its not a good idea to invest in all the schools of magic. I feel like kicking myself right now.... I could have gotten so much further If I had done so. I guess It won't be long anyway till I restart though, im running out of resources.

Proof : https://imgur.com/gallery/VYFsN

19. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #399 Misguided, Jun 3, 2017
    They aren't rare or anything. Just check every pair you pick up. The one downside is it deprives you of the fun of sliding past a group of enemies with a spear.

20. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Great game, not one to support IAP but this seems done right so you're getting a gem doubler purchase from me too.

You should consider adding another permanent IAP in there, one that removes the REST time for pets. I'd buy that for the convenience and to also support you further.