Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Agreed. Though itd mean a whole new screen would need to be designed?

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    My strategy;
    Banish then Freeze then bash the crap outa him. #

3. Chandellfingerz

Chandellfingerz New Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Has paid 5.49 to support the developer

Great Game

4. happykittens

happykittens New Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Does anyone know what the level cap is?

Is there an endgame?

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I agree.
    I'm really enjoying the difficulty level. I never feel cheated when things go pear shaped. It was my own fault.
    Exploration is a joy especially with the portals. It just seems so easy to get around and you never know what is one step in front of you. The constant rewards keep that "just one more turn" feeling alive for me.
    The story is unfortunately a low point, but luckily the game does not need a good one to survive.
    Not too sure if I would want to control my companions though. I think that would slow down the pace a bit too much for me. I enjoy the speed that the game currently moves along at.
    But equipping them would be nice.

The one thing I really don't like is how the games economy is progressing as I get further into it. While I think the double gem rate iap was totally worth it and gems come at a decent pace, I feel that the gold economy is totally unbalanced. When you start enchanting high level gear the gold disappears rapidly, making it almost compulsory to do the free gold ads.
    I understand the dev wants to make money but it is the one thing holding the game back from being a totally self contained premium game.
    I would have gladly paid more for an iap that simply made the gold economy less aggressive.

But that's all moot I guess.
    As it is I put aside some time during the day to use up all my Daily Ads in one go. Then I happily play for a couple of hours and repeat the next day. #

6. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Well that was a fun glitch. I saw I was dying and went to drink a potion. Same time as the screen switched, I died. When I came back with the revive potion, I was invisible.

I could walk, change equipment, see the green squares light up when I walked. My companion kept fighting. But I couldnt attack in any way. Since Id killed the boss, I walked to the portal and left. My poor companion kept fighting and died. Amusing. Wouldve been annoying if Id not killed the boss and found all the treasure.

7. PucKviruS

PucKviruS Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I had the same glitch but I couldn't attack and the enemies could attack me, I ended up dying without being able to do anything.

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Does anyone have experience with socket/affix redundancy or conflict? I've had an item socketed with a certain attribute only to have it seemingly disappear when a level-up affix replaced it with a weaker version. The kicker was that it still didn't free up the socket.

So, now I have a talisman I'd love to add to my boots (extra action every x turns) but there is already and attribute of the same nature on the boots so I'm hesitant.

Still no dev response whatsoever to my bug reports (lost pets) :(

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Still having way too much fun with this.

A piece of feedback for the developer: the game design punishes the player for experimenting with a variety of types of magic. It appears that the overall drop rate does not change (at least, not much) as you learn new schools but that drops get divided between more types, leaving you with fewer of each. That may be by design, but IMO, the player should be encouraged to experiment and try different tactics. To address this, each component should have an independent drop rate that is unaffected by how many schools the player knows.

10. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I don't think so. In both cases, they could use the same interface, just change characters. Just need an extra UI element to provide a way to switch the characters.

11. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I'm at level 62, finished the first part of the game, and stopped using the socketing system long, long ago. A whole talisman collection sat in my vault through the whole game. I really never found a need for them, as their powers never seemed beneficial enough when compared with the unadorned gear I was finding or buying. Maybe I missed out on a good method of play but I don't think so.

Sorry I didn't answer your question but I don't think I had enough experience with talismans to have run into that issue. However, I will say the talisman should be more visible once placed in a piece of gear. The sockets always looked empty to me. Nitpick.

12. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I just mean for combat, not movement. Maybe just make it an option.

13. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #353 houseofg, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Well, I'm at level 60 and I've probably used about 5 talismans at most, so I tend to agree despite my question! I replace equipment so often that it makes it that much less worth the effort.

14. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Late to the party on this one, I have seen a gem doubler iap but not a coin Doubler. Is that the same thing?

15. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Same here except I managed to walk away and they stayed with my companion. He fought a brave rearguard adtion. The poor sucker made the ultimate sacrifice for me. Probably hitting the abandon quest button is the only other solution.

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, I have not gotten any response to my emails to the dev about losing two game saves after hours of gameplay. And no response here either.

Deeply disappointed as I was really enjoying the game but am not going to start a new game. Losing probably a dozen hours of gaming when I have little time for games to begin with is not something I want to go through again.

17. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Hi Anthony,

Can you please submit a bug about your save game issue using the in game feedback / bug reporter. Please include your email so I can discuss with you additional details and include something in the title that can link me back to this thread and catch my eye.

One thing to check is that I'm getting a lot of crash reporters from users who have devices that are out of disk space. I have a new version of the app that will come out soon that will warn players when their disk space is low on the title screen ... but I'm not sure if it's really related or not, but if you're low on space try deleting an app or free up space on your device otherwise.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yes, as mentioned, I already did submit emails (through the big reporter with my email address). I had over a gig in free space at the time of each of these corrupted saves.

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Feel free to answer this simple question anyone :D

20. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Gems are the important currency. The gem doubler doesnt double gold but I dont think you need that. Some will disagree with that.