Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Ok, but here's the point. The game automatically stops you from moving once you get into combat range. Not 100% positive on every conceivable circumstance, but think that combat range is the same as max visible range. Therefore, it shouldn't matter whether or not you are moving one space at a time.

2. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Hey guys - which spells do you find most useful? There's so many of them, I'm not sure which ones are the best.

3. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    From my exp, shops are better - the only divine/fabled weapons I've ever found were from shops.

4. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    I decided to give this a try since you guys have been keeping this thread so prevalent and impressions have been positive.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

This is excellent.

5. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Think this was mentioned but I've hit the bug as well.

Played the Cavern Gauntlet from story mode. Took the pet dragon, Keka. When it was killed it disappeared and now I have to pay 25 gems to buy him again.

Have done a few gauntlets and this is the only pet I've lost for good.

Truly love this game; all I've been playing since it came out.

6. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    For me, cosmic Banish is by far the best for mob control. Natures recall is a close second for when things go pear shaped.

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #327 stubbieoz, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Definitely Banish. Keep it at the same level as your character. It is particularly effective against those acid blobs that reproduce all over the place.
    As said, Regroup is handy as a last resort to get out of trouble.
    Sentinel is handy in the early stages to help clear out mobs but mainly to act as a decoy for enemies to attack.

Actually have a look at the cosmos line. Banish-already mentioned, Singularity-excellent for putting all enemies into one spot and Anomaly is a "fun" spell that can help net you a lot of extra items as well as getting rid of enemies.

Just about all the others are situational depending upon the enemies your are facing at the time. I find that I hardly use any of them.

As much as spells might sound like they could be your primary attack, I find that it is weapons that I will use most of the time.

8. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Thanks! Yeah Banish has been very good to me. i'm at the point where I'm unlocking second tier skills and wondering if any are worth it.

9. #329 AppUnwrapper, May 31, 2017
    Swarm is underrated. I leveled it up along with Sentinel and Banish and found an item or two with a chance of triggering Swarm when damaged. I'm partial to the homing magic. All three of those find their targets. And Swarm, unlike the others, goes with you if you don't use it up. It never gets wasted.

Beat the game using a chakram most of the time, magic as long as I had the materials, and throwing stars/wands on bosses.

I stuck with some lower defense/attack items just because they had a whole bunch of triggers I loved. Just so nice throwing a chakram and seeing the enemies randomly explode.

10. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    #330 Silver99, May 31, 2017
    Just got anomaly but havent tried it yet. Force of nature too. That one might be good and its only using three mats.
    Shield is fantastic but costly in materials. Using that the enemy may flail away at you and do nothing. Im currently farming low dungeons for mats and to renew the store, and trying not to use spells for that reason.

Ive found that fabled and divine armor, helmet, boots etc are great if you let them acquire more levels. The new benefits actually make a difference as they are things like +3 boots. +2 magic. I have armor that has a string of those and when you have several pieces of equipment like that they synergise with each other. Means I end up with lower defence though, because that doesnt keep up with your own level. so Im also farming dungeons to break in new equipment. Hate selling the built up pieces.

However, with weapons, I find the benefits with fabled, divine, or ranking them up are hardly useful. 2% this or that? Pfft. Id rather kill faster than get more gold or experience from an axe.
    So Im tending to go for high hit damage weapons, and those are often cheaper than fabled etc and found in dungeons too.
    Also daggers are just brilliant. I have six sets at the moment.

This game has the reward cycle so well figured out. It's hit that perfect balance to keep you going back. Do a bit more, do a bit more.
    Damn, it's 1 am. Same reason gambling grabs people. Should be illegal! Lol I applaud the developer.

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I just took Anomaly and slightly edited my previous post to reflect it.
    Not yet sure how useful it will be against higher level enemies (I'm only lvl 38) but it is a very rewarding spell.
    Though you have to way up if it is worth using up cosmic energy on it or Banish.

12. Is Anomaly Instant? I didn't want to level up Singularity (which isn't) just to find out.

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yep, Anomaly is instant.
    It is especially useful as it does not remain where you cast it, but instead follows you around.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I use it too and actually had it turn someone into a chest before lol

15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I didn't find anomaly to be worth the effort.

16. Ok so similar to Swarm. But using two spells of the same magic doesn't seem like a good plan... as is, I ran out of mats so often.

17. Lollergast

Lollergast Member

Mar 13, 2016
    #337 Lollergast, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    - Why can you not customize your appearance at all?
    - How the hell is it fair that you can only have ONE action per turn, but every single damn enemy can do 2-3 actions per turn?? Even the bulky golems can do 2 actions per turn, wtf? Are you telling me a gigantic golem is faster than you? Lol
    - Is there some kind of limit on how much HP/attack/crit you can have at a certain level? Because sometimes I invest all points into a certain attribute, but see ZERO changes in my stats??
    - Those damn thief enemies, f-cking hate them. One of them stole my LEGENDARY ring which is literally one of the hardest things to get in this game, then because there were like 8 enemies onscreen at once which got me completely surrounded, my character died, and now I lost my ring permanently because the damn thief ran away with it. Wtf?
    - Why in the world does it cost a whole turn to even switch weapons? It's impossible to use one weapon during a fight because for one, enemies move 2-3 times faster than you so you need to constantly switch between melee and ranged. Secondly some enemies require spells, while others require using the chakra to get rid of adds. This "using a turn to switch a weapon" just makes the combat experience EXTREMELY tedious because I'm literally forced to just use 1 weapon for entire fight, instead of taking like 25% damage due to switching weapons and getting pummeled for that turn

18. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    I often switch weapons in fights.
    To me all the turn-based stuff is balanced. Too easy and I'd be yawning. This game makes me think before doing anything. Buying weapons, which armor to swap out, which spells are best, what dungeon to visit. It's strategic but not tedious to me. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes though.
    I used to be a huge Rome total war fan on PC but Im more into fast and frivolous games like this one that make me think. And yes, to me this is fast for turn based.
    Pretty much all the things you hate are what I think make this game balanced. It can be difficult, but its rewarding. Ive only died twice? And if I have to start again from scratch, I wont mind building up again.

19. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    The graphics are slick and pretty. Similar to Battleheart? If the dev cant squeeze in appearance changes because it make the game design too difficult, too many MB, or whatever, I dont mind. Id love to see the helmet on the character in play, but those things dont break the game for me.

20. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Loving this game. Nicely balanced, great graphics and sound, fun exploration. I think just two things would make it awesome - more of an elaborate story (I feel like right now I'm just 'saving the world') and the ability to control and outfit your companions. The latter would really help to make the game more strategic/tactical.

But really fun game nevertheless!