Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    It's all good, but my gear was plus Stam, so I went from having life to no life and surrounded by those mobs. If you quit out of the dungeon, which is possible, you still lose your gear.

Heck the entire enemy combo system in random dungeons can make for some incredibly annoying enemy combos. On top of the perma gear loss scenario. Having teleport mobs, those ice gryphons and yetis makes the run incredibly annoying even at 200% game speed.

2. How did leveling up the shops work in the PC version? Because I stopped bothering. It costs way too many gems to keep the three shops at your level.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Brilliant, thank you. Though I stand by my suggestion to the dev: make a quick sum up on the map view screen. Like a little check list. Would be nice ^_^

What I do is when I I'm looking to upgrade certain aging gear, I "upgrade" to refresh stock. If I see nothing, I'll upgrade (refresh) again. I pretty much use all the shops like that.

Also, side note: I'm assuming socketed talisman and all that are irrecoverable once you've used them? Is there a way to remove them from an item's socket?

4. The shop has a level, though. If you don't level it up alongside you, it will never have gear that's worth buying. So any gems I invested in my shops were just wasted and could have been used for magic.

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #305 stubbieoz, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Not if the pet dies. At least that was what happened to me when I tried the town Gauntlet.

6. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Im tending to agree. The shop purchases seem no better than what you find in dungeons.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This is already in the works.

Something I hadn't thought about until today, but I'm pretty sure the gear you have in quick slots influences droprate of items. I never used a spear in my first game and never got drops. Now I am using one and get drops far more often. Same with other things I have tried.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just a couple of tips that have served me well.

Keep your throwing daggers for bosses. Their damage is the best in the game.

Take one step at a time in unexplored areas.
    You know how those blocks drop down as you advance? Well they also drop down again when you retreat taking the enemies off the screen. That allows you to either heal up or change weapons/spells without losing a turn and getting hit.

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Not sure what you mean here. Movement stops when you get into range of enemies. And the visual effect is just that, a visual effect.

10. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #310 stubbieoz, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    If you stop when you first see an enemy and then back step, the ground tile drops down and the enemy goes with it.
    You need to be taking one step at a time.
    Otherwise you can easily move into an enemies sight range and back stepping will not necessarily drop the tile the enemy is on.
    And it is not just a visual effect. Test it yourself. If an enemy is following you they will stop if the tile they are on drops down. If the title does not drop then they continue to follow.

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    It is true that enemies don't tend to follow you from out of range, but they can. The visual effect is just a visual effect. Try changing it to fade or one of the other choices in settings and test it yourself.

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Lost another probably five hours or so of gameplay with yet another corrupted game save. I am SOOOO pissed right now.

Not going to play more until the issue is resolved. Never even heard back from the dev on the first error.

This time the game did not crash. All I did was press the save and quit button. Got to the home screen and the save didn't have my character's name. Pressed it and it said the save could not be loaded and to contact the dev or start a new game.

Urghhh!!!!

Not sure what to tell you but be careful. Again, wish there was a cloud save or a way to save to multiple slots.

13. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Anyone else able to unsocket stuff...? If anyone else has been able to unsocket anything, I'd love to know the secret!

14. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Never happen to me .. :)

15. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    :) lol

Attached Files:

16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #316 stubbieoz, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    I will test what you suggested. Thank you.

I really thought I was on to something though.
    Perhaps we can agree that it is more an enemy sight range thing rather than a dropped tile?

Anyway I will do some more play testing just to be sure for myself. It is certainly not my intent to give wrong information.

17. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Ive never used the save button. I just quit by going to the home screen, often while back at the town but sometimes from the backpack / character screen. Not yet had a problem. But I only have one character.
    It always saves perfectly, as far as I cn tell.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I only have one character too. And you would think the official, in-game save and quit button should work better than anything else.

Anyway, not playing again until I know the dev has looked into the issue.

19. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game have cloud saving?

20. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Amazing, amazing, amazing......this is the kind of game I adore!!
    I purchased the doubler and a gem pack.....however I want to prolong this game as long as possible , don't wanna make it too easy/able to advance upgrade
    I wish this were premium or had a premium option ...I wouldn't hesitate to pay $20 for something like this ...heck I'd pay more if need be ...it's that flipping good!
    I encourage those playing to support this developer, it's exciting seeing such great games ...I'd love to see more :)