Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Actually I might be wrong.#

Are you playing Gauntlet mode?
    I just tried Gauntlet mode (I normally play Story mode) and lost a pet and now I need to repurchase that pet.
    That has not happened to me in Story mode.

Perhaps it is by design that in Gauntlet mode you can indeed lose a pet permanently??

2. How do you have room for all that, though? My biggest issue at the moment is space (and spell mats).

3. You have to level it up or it won't work on enemies that are the same level as you. And a few specific enemies (besides bosses) are immune to it. Otherwise, I always try it first when I'm surrounded. Then I clean up whatever it leaves behind. My Banish is at 80% success rate now, so it's amazing.

But this is why I'm always low on mats now. Except for ice and earth bc I don't use them.

4. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I guess I only have about three sets. Not sure if the ninja stars replenish either. Twelve of those is a huge help when youre against the worst enemies. I use other weapons too. Spells too, of course. Banish, and I seem to have plenty of materials for that. Plus the game often drops a set of daggers. Maybe I was lucky to get those. Certainly if farming a level or two then zipping home, the daggers just let you cream everyone fast. Im getting quite a few gems, completing levels like that, and also ingredients. Depends on the dungeon.

If Im not sure if I had the "killed all enemies and found all treasure signs" flash up, I go to settings and that console log. Might be just me, but sometimes Im not sure if I got them all.

5. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    With daggers, it's just throw, kill, throw, kill. Farming is easy.

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Good to know!

7. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I've only done two gauntlet runs, so I don't think so. Of course that's also how many pets I've lost.. Haha! Can't remember for sure now but that would be quite a coincidence. If that were the case, it should come with a big fat warning! You don't lose anything else permanently in gauntlet so that would be an outlier.

8. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Last screenshot :)

Attached Files:

9. lukaMis

lukaMis Member

Jul 29, 2016
    What happens if (when) you die in Gauntlet dungeon in story mode?

10. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    #290 Silver99, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Wow. Haha. I can see you're going the throwing dagger and ninja star route too.
    I hadn't thought of using that many.
    And that armor! The graphics of the weapons and armor in this game is often droolworthy.

11. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    I think we dont need skills :) i keepin my crystals and buyin pet and lvl upping free chest :)

12. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Just look at the enemy weaknesses and use the correct item ^^

13. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You keep everything (except friggin dead pets maybe...?) and go back to town.

14. zupac

zupac Active Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Homeless
    Japan
    Nothing you keeping everything including pet ...

15. lukaMis

lukaMis Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Tnx. Just went solo without any pets. I like how it gives you a nice report / log of dungeon run after you die.
    The amount of good gear this game throws at you is just ridiculous.
    Every other room gives you weapon with more damage... :D

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I still think the iap currency for gems needs to go away.

Just upgrade my smith and spent about 60k in gold and and around 5 gems on new gear. Do a run, theivlings swarm at the start steal all my gear but the weapon, get hit by the plethora of fire beholders behind them.

Dead.

Gear gone.

Brilliant.

17. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Yeah, as much as I love this game, I've gotta say that's not cool. There should be some kind of fail-safe for a situation like that. While I somewhat enjoy the tension caused by those little suckers, I'm not thrilled by the thought that we can lose our hard earned gear, permanently. When we pay real money in order to upgrade that gear, it should not be possible to lose it so easily, or at all.

18. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'm 35 and only use Sentinel (the best imo), Swarm, Ice Sheild (helm also gives me +15% Shield chance on hit), Fireball and Freeze. I only use the freeze on deck for one reason and one reason only; Greedlings. Freeze them in place and you'll never have a problem killing them before they disappear. Years of Diablo III training has taught me well. I don't put gems into anything else really to keep them maxed level. I rotate between Bow/Sword-and-board. I use potions liberally, I have so much gold (sitting on 200K easy) as they are plentiful. There's only been ONE TIME I had such a difficult time in a 3-Sword dungeon where I found myself running up and down empty areas to slowly regen full health I get from my gear (slowly...) but it worked and I beat it.

I stick to those schools of magic simply so I can transmute the mats I don't use into mats I do use at the cauldrons.

DEV SUGGESTION: One thing I really want to see are indicators on the map screen to let us know when we've killed everything, disarmed all traps, and opened all chests. Half the time when I'm finishing filling out dungeons I forget what I've completed already, specifically the traps, as the other two aren't too terribly hard to figure out if you've done them or not. Also, please allow for a screen to view pet stats or AT LEAST a visible heath bar pls.

19. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Ewwwww... that's brutal. Never thought about that actually happening. I've also never died so I never knew what happened exactly. I hate those little bastards but like another poster said, I kind of like that pressure of needing to get them back. However... there definitely should be a fail-safe for them taking your gear permanently. I would be PISSSSED. Reminds me of perma losing gear in Phantasy Star Online Ep1 on Dreamcast days. Hahahaha

20. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    Go into settings then console / log. It shows you if youve killed and found everything. Events show, let's say.