Universal Rogue Wizards (by Spellbind Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 25, 2017.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Great idea. I noticed that in the options but hadn't used it yet. Definitely going to turn that on.

2. Really wish this could have just been a premium game. Sigh.

15 gems for more storage space? I'm constantly running out because I'm carrying a bunch of talismans with me everywhere instead of leaving them in storage. 5 storage slots in the vault is just...barely better than nothing.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I should really save up to buy another pet. Been spending a lot of gems on upgrading the shops and got the first chest upgrade too.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #204 L.Lawliet, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

You definitely should. I think pets are the best investment in the game. Of course legendary+ higher gear is more wanted but you'll rarely see those. Pets stay constantly helpful and can be used over and over aside from the rest period.

Completely agree. After many hours of play, the most overpriced thing in the game is the storage space. It should've started with 10 slots at least with the amount of loot the game throws at you. At 15 gems, you might as well just save up for another pet (which I have been doing). The pets are a great investment since they wear out after each dungeon so you'll want to try to buy all of them if you can. The storage space shouldn't be an issue until late game (like most loot games) but in this game, storage becomes an issue right after 1-2 dungeons. You can barely store stuff with you because you need to space to carry items needed to sell.

How I use my character storage is my first page is for all my main items, magic mats, and keys/upgrade mats. Then the second page is just all my sellable junk. This has been working out really well for me and keeps my inventory organized. However it's just that I can't store anything back at base because of the 5 limit. I just put the daggers and revive potions in there and I'm out of space before I know it.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, full premium game unlock for $10 or so would have been really nice. Have to wonder how the various things like storage worked in the PC version. Pets are also pretty pricey. Imagine it was probably all gold driven.

I love the game and am going to keep grinding away but the gem doubler alone doesn't seem to make it a premium game from what I've played. Just my opinion.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Any way to up storage of whats on your guy? Not the vault.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    On my first game, just did dungeon mode, not the town. I don't see any way to upgrade the shops and haven't seen a pet for sale. I had a helper, but he died and I dont see any way to get him back. Was there some way to check his health?

Do most people do the town mode? Neither mode seems to be a true roguelike since you can buy the potions which protect you from death

8. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #208 houseofg, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Yeah the word "rogue" really doesn't belong in the title.

Edit: But it just hit me that if you follow the story line, that's not what the dev means by rogue.

And yes, I'd be surprised if the vast majority of players aren't doing story/town mode.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone know if there are sets of gear like in Diablo? That needs to be added asap if not #

10. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i'm feeling really lucky. got a bow in the second dungeon with a rarity listed as fabled (green). just wow.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Oh dear.

I played this in softlaunch - first time I've done so. And quit pretty soon, bc it felt far too freemium. Even with infinite access to free IAPs, there were just too many of them. Which left me feeling :hmm: about it all.

After seeing the dev's comment that the gem doubler should be enough, I'd re-downloaded. But (before firing it up) this comment has got me deleting again.

Will keep an eye out for balance updates.

Love the idea; hope it isn't as freemiumised as it looked / sounds.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I never use the vault and I am level 35! That is saying something no? Give it a download man!

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wait till you get a divine!

14. lukaMis

lukaMis Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Forget about hording items and just enjoy the game. :D

15. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    actually...

"It goes Rare (blue) -> Legendary (purple) -> Divine (yellow) -> Fabled (green)

The rarity affects how many affixes are generated at the start, but also the entire rank of the item is boosted up along with all affix effects."

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious????? I thought it was fabled then divine? Omg...

17. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yep, this is consistent with my experience. And I've noticed that fabled have higher max levels.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really wish they would remove that "LEARN SPELLS" notice on your bag. Sometimes it does go away, sometimes it doesn't. But seriously, it just bugs me because that notice means you have gems to spend on spells but if you spend all your gems on spells, you can't buy anything else. I think the notice shouldn't even be there except just inside your inventory once when you level up.

Btw this is my best item so far (divine). I've only received one fabled and one divine so far but this one is the most useful. I've passed up higher def gear to keep using this armor since it's so useful. It'll probably be useful for a while. I have put it into two enchantment pillars to buff it up.

[​IMG]

19. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Reply storm! :D

Correct, free random loot daily. Watch an ad for an additional piece. The box can also be upgraded to give you 3 + 1 ad loot total.

The sell all just sells the divine box loot, not everything in your inventory.

If I recall, early on in the release of the PC version, the bag had to be purchased for additional storage, now you get it from the start. Personally, I just use it for materials - spell ammo, blacksmith and weapon shop materials, socketable gems and keys.

I had a few looted pets in the PC version. Have yet to see one in the iOS version. To be fair, they were exceedingly rare. I think I had only three by the end of the game.

That was my assessment in the PC version as well. He kicks ass. Banish for the win.

That’s a really good point. I knew that the pets leveled, but it’s currently impossible to know what that means.

Having completed the PC version, I can say honestly that with the doubler the balance is on par. Upgrading storage took quite a while, and it was still limited to one page of four rows. Pets were exceedingly rare loot and you couldn’t just buy them. I’m not disagreeing that the limits on storage are problematic, but don’t blame the dev’s change of business model. It’s was a design decision, right or wrong.

20. This is part of my issue with gems being introduced into a game that wasn't originally designed with them. Apparently there were spell points before, so using them on spells wouldn't prevent you from doing other things with them.