Universal Rogue Touch (by ChronoSoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CommanderData, Apr 10, 2009.

1. MrMiller

MrMiller Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    thank your help mindfield= )

i am enjoyingthe game, finally got to level 12 and fell down a pit trap only to get destroyed by a troll lol :p

i had 2 other quick questions if u dont mind,

1, is how good a weapon is completely determined by its two stat numbers, the +x, +x, or does its type of weapon matter as well? ie axe, katana, two handed sword, etc

2, if my armor is -2, should i just take it off and run around with no armor on? or is it still best to keep it on, if it has a negative number?

thanks again =]

2. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    After guessing Sooo many heroines (no BUFFY!?! come on!) I finally found another secret character... Not so sure I like her set up, but maybe she has some kickin innate abilities, we'll see.

And yeah, CD. The other secret chick is quite awesome. I was slaughtering my way up to level 15, but then got sandwiched between a troll and a phantom... not fair!

3. No, the numbers are just attack and damage bonuses. Every weapon has its own chance to hit and own damage ratings. The type of weapon doesn't really matter except in its own stats. (i.e. sharp weapons have no advantage over blunt weapons except in their to-hit and to-damage ratings; there are no bonuses or penalties for blunt or sharp damage like in D&D.)

If your armour is -2 but still offers more protection than running around in your underoos, then you're better to keep it on until you find something better; crap armour still works better than no armour at all. Like weapons, armour still has its own protection; modifiers again just give you a bonus or penalty against the armour's inherent level of protection.

4. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Lower numer is better for armor.
    10 = naked

Just read the in-game help ;)

5. NightOwl40

NightOwl40 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    I've died like that many times ;)

I know of 3 female secret characters so far.....right now am using the one who has a kick-@ss blessed shocking spear of medusa slaying and I love the automatic scroll identification she's got, too :lol:

There is a listing of equipment at the same site the leaderboards are at, or try this link: http://www.chronosoft.com/RogueTouch/RogueTouchEquipment.html

6. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    Forgot to mention a hint for my latest find... ummm, she has an explosive personality. Well, at least she comes with a few demolition potions, heh!

Any hints on yours NightOwl?

7. NightOwl40

Apr 10, 2009
    I know which one you're talking about.............mine didn't come with a lot of equipment, but her huntress' spear is a doozy ;)

8. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    Maybe you're thinking about a different one... my new girl has a crossbow and 99 bolts... although after 2 floors I have killed ~9 of them, don't know how far they will last!

Huntress spear eh... hmmmmmmm

9. NightOwl40

Apr 10, 2009
    I bet yours can sense monsters without needing the clairvoyance potion........

10. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    How do you read the scrolls? What do they do? I just picked this up and I am really enjoying it.

11. NightOwl40

Apr 10, 2009
    Tap your character to open the menu, tap a scroll and select the Read option.

12. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Well I bought it and it is good. I had a couple of games, one with Aragorn and one with Legolas haha. It's probably cheating but oh well. Money well spent.

13. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Have been interested in this game for a while - the $0.99 sale prompted me to buy it, and I have to say it's fantastic! I can see myself playing this for a while :)

Many thanks to the developer(s)

14. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    1. The drops seem more balanced now. I'm finding more potions, rings and weapons than before, and reasonable pickup rate of armors now. :)

2. One time, I found myself in the middle of a maze after descending a staircase. That's a surprise. :)

Just some screenies to share:

Apparently my character had been vandalising the dungeon walls while I wasn't looking. :D

[​IMG]

A room with 3 leprechauns. I managed to kill two. I found another one sleeping in the same room a while later.

[​IMG]

15. c2matrix

c2matrix Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    good work

Played the game, its impressive!

16. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Still my favorite game I own, great work :)

17. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    A couple of questions. Where is the setting menu? And what does it mean if it says:

Flaming Sword A +2, +2?

18. The settings for the game is in the settings app, down in the applications area. (I know. I've been on CD to integrate it. :D) The numbers for teh weapons I explained on the previous page.

19. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    What's this monument thing?
    It's the second time I found it on the first floor.

[​IMG]

20. Pal Van Marrsterhausen

Pal Van Marrsterhausen Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I was wondering about this too! Very bizzare...