Universal Rogue Touch (by ChronoSoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CommanderData, Apr 10, 2009.

1. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Ahh, you noticed...

One of the neat things about Rogue Touch 2.0 is your equipped weapon and armor choices will SHOW UP ON THE PLAYER during the game! I have some really beautiful armor sets drawn up, but rendering/overlaying them on the player is not implemented yet. Very soon though ;)

2. JGeldhof

JGeldhof Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Comic Artist / Illustrator
    Kent, Ohio
    All looks and sounds awesome. Rogue Touch was actually the first game I purchased when I got my first iOS device.

3. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Wow! Looking fantastic. Must admit it has been quite a while since I loaded up Rogue Touch (or indeed any roguelike) but this looks like a great reason to get back into it. Can't wait.

4. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    :eek:

YES!

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Paperdolling FTW! :D

6. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Ooooh, cool!

7. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Wow! Thanks everyone for the response to this... I was wondering if anyone would really care about an update to a classic game with all the new stuff coming out every day :eek:

This major graphic overhaul and all the improvements to the underlying game engine are being done for you, the hardcore fans. If anyone else gets into Roguelikes for the first time because Rogue Touch 2.0 is much prettier, and has paper-doll weapon and armor overlays, that's icing on the cake!

I'll make sure to post another screenshot soon, hopefully with more detail added ;)

8. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Apologies if this has been said (I searched the thread for ipad and universal) but will v2.0 be a Universal app?

9. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Not a problem, I don't think it has ever been stated!

Let's just say I would REALLY like to make it universal, but need to study what that entails since I have not made any universal apps before. I am interested in taking advantage of the larger iPad screen space to make Rogue Touch even better. But that means I'm going to need two sets of display layout/drawing code, more artwork, etc, etc...

If it looks like it will add too much time to the update I'll finish RT 2.0 as it stands (iPhone and iPod touch compatible, and 2x mode for iPad) and consider it an option on the table for 2.1... :)

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow the new update is sounding and looking sweet, can't wait. :)

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You're welcome!

Believe it or not, I just bought Heroes of Might & Magic III this morning and am still adjusting to it's new-fangled pre-rendered CG graphics. :p

12. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Very excited by the update news. Still one of my go-to games!

13. Kosmatos

Kosmatos Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Will pick this up as soon as the update is posted!

14. BeefJerky

Jun 4, 2009
    I must say, CD, I'd also love an iPad version if that ever becomes a possibility. There is something really nice about having the larger screen.

15. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I really hope that CD comes back to us soon to give another update about how his projects are going...

Also, there was talk about Rogue Touch EX/2.0 being separate apps at first, I thought, and now the original/current game is slated to be updated to the EX version, is that right? I would actually prefer it if it were a new app, the way Fargoal is headed, because to be totally honest, I don't want to lose the original RT since I love it so much. :eek:

Seriously though CD, I hope you subscribe to this thread so you can see this post and find the time to come tell us where RT EX and SPIRIT HUNTER MINEKO(!!!) are at.

16. CommanderData

Patreon Indie

Luckily I do subscribe to this thread and my Spirit Hunter Mineko thread. I posted an update of sorts to the Mineko thread just now, and will put the same info here since it is equally applicable to Rogue Touch and everyone waiting for news...

Those of you following twitter know I've had a number of bad things occur in my life recently, including the very beginning of a potentially messy divorce from my wife of the last 8 years. I won't go into details about what is happening, but lets just say I wouldn't even wish her on my enemies. This stress combined with my consulting business has prevented me from doing very much lately.

I am absolutely not abandoning Mineko or Rogue Touch 2.0 or any other pending projects. However they will be making progress at a glacial pace for the next couple of months due to the problems of real life getting in the way.

Please do bump to ask questions, as it will help to motivate me towards release, and I'll provide you all with new info soon (after the next few weeks I hope to have some sort of "normal" life back)

Thanks again for your support and interest. It does make me happy to know that someone has been waiting for news.

17. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Whenever the games are done, I will be buying them. I hope things start looking up.

18. aprodigalson

aprodigalson Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    You have my condolences. Eight years is a lot to walk away from.

I've been looking forward to 2.0, although, I doubt I've posted before now. Do what you need to do. I think everyone here understands what has to be your priority now.

19. Rumblecat

Rumblecat Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Thailand
    This has really sucked me back in in the past few weeks, to the extent that I've been neglecting Skyrim on the 360 in favour of heading down into the dungeons. Can never decide which is my favourite rogue like type game on the iOS- between Powder, Fargoal and this- all of them have their different strengths. Understand things have been tricky recently, but (completely selfishly) hope we get to see 2.0 someday.

20. BeefJerky

Jun 4, 2009
    This is a great one.

I had missed that post from Commander Data. That's really rough. You have my sympathies, man, and I hope you get to move all from that quickly. That has to be hard.