Universal Rogue Star (by RedBreast Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    When you hit an enemy their shield glows for a moment, color depends on how low the shield is at that hit. Green for early hits, then yellow and finally red when they are about to be destroyed.

2. Captain Jim

Captain Jim Active Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Hi guys. I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for all the comments and I'll be following them up when I catch my breath. It's manic currently as I'm trying to do a thousand things at once!

In the meantime, here's a sneaky grab of some unreleased promo art to apolgise!

[​IMG]

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Captain Jim: Relax. We won't be running away anytime soon. No problem to wait till the dust settles ;)

@Sapphire_Neo: Thanks. I didn't notice that yet, guess I was too busy trying to chase the pirates around...

4. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    #44 netmute, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    I already do that, and it would be fine with just 1-3 pirate attacks in a single run. But 5-6 is just too hard for me :(

Edit: just noticed I'm sounding too negative again. I absolutely love the game, in case that wasn't obvious ;)

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Out of all the requests, I think the "hold down to shoot" is the one I miss the most. The game is great. I'll hopefully have time to play more tonight :D

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Awesome game!
    I'm a old elite gamer.. Put hundreds or thousands of hours into it! 15 hours a day at times.
    This game is very good n similar :)
    I hope you have to grind just as much as on old elite as it made you feel like you earned stuff when you got a new ship.

I would like it if had docking sequence even if just animated.
    Also be better if you started off with nothing, and had to buy a jump system, docking system, cargo scoop ect...
    Also be able to upgrade/buy systems like shields, weapons, missiles.

And more ships please... Ones that are there are great designs.

Also is there space mysteries and surprises to be found? Anything like thargoid space?

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Hold down to shoot would be good yeah... But maybe rate of fire depends of your weapon fitted to ship :)

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks a lot for the answer and feedback pal... just hit the buy button!!!
    i'll post my impressions later

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Aw hell, I can't resist this one after all these comments! Well $40 in apps is not so bad, right?

10. basstreblemusic

May 19, 2011
    i'm with netmute here..... amazing game, very charming! but damn it is way way too hard. even after diverting power to shields, i get wasted pretty quickly by pirates, particularly if there are numerous stops on a journey. Great game tho, just wish it was easier

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Whoops, just got blown to bits by 2 pirates on my first trading mission after the tutorial :(
    Same as Netmute and Basstreblemusic, I think that's a bit harsh on us poor freshman pilots.

About trading:
    If I understand it right, you cannot directly buy trade goods, but always need to partake in the auction?

12. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    are there any gameplay out there ? wanna know more about what this game is about. thanks

13. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    As far i know, though i haven't got out of the first ship yet. You can also pick up cargo in space.

14. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I just played for about 15 minutes and survived 0 out of 11 fights :p
    Guess I'll wait for the update before I try again.

And yeah, the auction is the only way to buy trade goods. I kinda like that. Takes the boredom out of trading a bit :)

Does anyone know if there are more worlds than the 6 you can see on the map?

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yup, most of the time you'll get cargo through auctions. You can salvage by destroying ships but the amount is fairly negligible. The auction mechanic is a cool way of spicing up the usually drab trading metagame.

16. toddfsu

toddfsu Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    How did I miss this upcoming game? Thank you everyone for initial impressions. Been waiting for a solid space game with out FTP annoyances.

Gotta love surprises like this on Thursday morning. Purchased and downloading now.

17. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    So far, super slick, reminds me of the original Elite, circa 1985. Still getting used to controls, definately see the value of a controller on this one.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its great theres an option to invert the Y axis

Just done the tutorial, took ages trying to kill the first enemy but its a lot of fun. I wish when you landed on a space station it would then go to an overhead view (eg like Ultima). Vaguely remember Space Rogue being like that on the Amiga

But well worth picking up, looking forward to getting into the missions and i hope upgrading ships etc ? Is that in there ?

But looks great, enjoying this

19. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Been playing for about a hour. It's kinda like Galaxy on Fire 2 with a different look. The game has a simple look but looks great with a touch of advanced ship mechanics with being able to focus your ship's energy to shields, lasers and engines. Depending on your situation. It's easy to be immersed in this game from the start and believing the story it's selling. The characters bring the game to life. It also has great music perfect for the space roaming mood.

20. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    couldn't find anywhere to see the gameplay....anyone got a clip to show us the gameplay??