Universal Rogue Saga (by Jinwoo Park)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 11, 2015.

1. hexamoon

hexamoon New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Opps! The problem still occurs?

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    On my 5 it does...

But not on my 6S...

The game runs fine on my 6S with 9.3

Not on my 5 w/iOS 7.0 though...

3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    For me this game is super glitchy. Seems like an issue with camera clipping, where the floor and walls flicker and textures don't render. I'm surprised I'm not seeing this in comments here. Playing on an iPad 4.

4. hexamoon

hexamoon New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    #44 hexamoon, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    I Apologize for the problem! Unfortunately, I don't have iPad 4. I'll find the person who has iPad4 and will solve the problem!!
    Sorry! but It seems to take some time..... May i ask to you take a screenshot for me?
    Thank you!

5. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Hey so from what I'm hearing about this game, it's a lot like a vixel Dungeons of Dredmor. I am just wondering how many classes there are and how many options for a save there is? Like can you turn perma death off for a specific run/save file? Or can you change difficulty levels etc? One f my fav things about DofD was the variety of options. (Among many other things; it's my fav rogue like ever by far marigins) Just wondering before I take the plunge, as I am a broke dude! And I only just heard about this as my family and I have been into SW Commander lately lol

6. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Also is the game still buggy? I can't send a PM to the Dev for some reason :(

7. hexamoon

hexamoon New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    There're 9 classes (Fighter,Ranger,Wizard,Priest,Barbarian,Warlock,Paladin,Amazons,Witch) in the game. but, skills are not variable each class.:) (It has been scheduled update.) Rogue saga follows the classic Roguelike system, so you can't turn off perma death and can't choose save file & difficult level! Thank you!

8. hexamoon

hexamoon New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    yes, I heard there is a bug in some devices. Unfortunately, I have not yet found the problem T_T I Apologize for a bug! i'll find and fix it!

9. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks for reply! I generally like games like this with more options to them (robe a non PD file and a PD file) but once the bugs are worked out I will probably be purchasing it. Thanks again!

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The update that just dropped today adds a cool item called the flowepot which allows you to drop something in it and X days later it transforms to something cooler.

My question to devs, however, should an armor dropped in there, if I wait long enough, should it make multiple armors or just stop after the initial armor is transformed? I would have assumed it stopped after the 1 transformation but some cloth armor I put in became 2-3 new armors.

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    /off topic/

I just picked up the Silken Robe of Lord Gek in Cavern.....nice threads!

/back on topic/

12. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    @hexamoon:

First off, I'm really enjoying this so far. I completely agree with all the love shown in the thread by other forum members and think this game has huge potential to develop over time. I've left review on the App Store for you. However, I do have a couple of small suggestions and an annoying bug report....

Firstly, I have had two crashes in fairly quick succession whilst playing. I've just updated to the latest build (1.1.6). The game just kicks me back to the home screen but it's still running in the background. I can switch back again and don't appear to have lost much progress in doing so (maybe a room or two) but it's still frustrating. iOS 9.0.2. It's not something I can recreate, it just seems to happen randomly whilst moving around.

Next, I love the ability to zoom out and in doing so, speed up turn time - however, I would love it even more if the two weren't linked ie having the option to alter both as required. I like zooming out when travelling around but tend to zoom in when fighting enemies so that my actions are more precise. However, I also like to keep games like this a little faster paced so having to zoom out just to speed up is a little annoying. Couldn't there be menu option for game speed and leave the zoom function working independently?

Next, I understand that the premise for the game is to delve deeper and deeper in to an underground dungeon but does that mean the aesthetics have to be so minimal? The dungeons are a bit flat and lifeless and combined with the vast blackness of the surroundings, it becomes a bit samey after a while.

That said, I would like to congratulate you on the random dungeon generator - it always creates a good maze of tunnels and secrets to explore, all be it a bit linear/geometric in design and just a shame they don't grab me as much as some other roguelikes (for comparisons see Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon & Cavern as good examples). Do you have any plans to spruce things up in time and maybe incorporate some new designs/areas/features (spike pits, lava pools, furniture etc)?

Also, is it possible to remove the spell book from the inventory for non-magic characters. It doesn't work and it's needlessly taking up space that could be used to provide an additional quick slot space. Just a thought.

Lastly, I would like to commend you on your dedication to updating the game and to being so active in the TA forum and listening to all our suggestions and comments. Good work, thanks!

13. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Still "blacking out"

Sadly, several updates later it still shows black characters and textures on my iPhone 5 (updated to the last iOS release). Still unplayable.

14. Tempesr

Tempesr New Member

May 14, 2016
    #54 Tempesr, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Good game, some hints

I've gotten to level 14 with paladin. The trick is healing using food an mana and keeping blessed up. This is balanced all the time. Keep stomach level around 2/10 so you can heal with food in fight. After fight rest until stomach is at 2/10. Never let mana max, heal self. Never let health max so you don't over heal with food or mana because that wastes resources. Paladins can cure poison so when only monster meat is available you can eat with no consequences. Don't use heal box if it will way overheal you, swing by later when you may need it more.

Memorize scroll icons, or if can't save up several unknown scrolls before using identification box.

I'm experimenting with atribute leveling selection. Currently 3 strength: other. The other is usually a mixture of all but agility.

Strength not only increases damage but allows you to carry more drops that are later sold to purchase food.

To unlock paladin, i used priest to meet lvl requirement.

I use random transformer in saferoom for monster meat.

I get squashed because i lose concentration and a giant slim kills me before I can react.

New recipes

Bowl + monster meat = monster stew
    Red goo + monster meat = super monster meat

Anyone know what to use flour for?

15. starcracks

starcracks New Member

May 15, 2016
    Goliet on Floor10

Any ideas how to kill the stationary monster Goliet on Floor10? Similar to the Ghost bride and the Cook where the monster is stationary. The bride you need to kill using arrows or distance magic. I can't seem to find a way to damage Goliet....

Other recipes I've found so far:

Flour & Chicken = Fried Chicken
    Manna + bowl = super heal (50% of your HP)
    Heavy Stone + blunt weapons = +1
    Whet stone + rapier type swords = +1
    Chain + body armor = +1

16. be_reasonable

be_reasonable New Member

May 25, 2016
    If you haven't figured it out already, you go one floor up and find guliet. You kill her and get the ring. It says it'll make gomeo happy. Go back to gomeo and use the ring on him. Then you get the ring which is similar to the necklace from the ghost bride.

Never saw guliet until today, but I kind of suck at this game, so...