Rogue Runner (1.5 update) $50 iTunes card contest!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by glowdot, Nov 23, 2010.

1. glowdot

glowdot Well-Known Member

#1 glowdot, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    Thanks to the front page TouchArcade review of Rogue Runner, this is now a $100 iTunes card contest!!!

Ok here's the contest. I am giving a $50 iTunes card to the first person who completes it (maybe more, if I can find some money or Rogue Runner sells 100 copies tomorrow or something :D) Actually, I'll do that. It's $50 card to the winner, unless Rogue Runner sells 100 units between tomorrow and Friday (very likely), then it's $100 card.

There are TWO things you have to do. When you find one of them, a sentence will appear on the main menu. The first secret unlocks the first half of the message, and the second unlocks the second half. You'll know it when you find it, because your menu will look different ;) The message will tell you what to do. Do it, and be the first, and you get the card.

HINTS:

• One of the secrets is unlocked in Endless Run mode, one is unlocked in Top Down mode.
    • You have a very high chance of unlocking one of them (or the other) by accident, and having no idea why/what you did. But the odds of accidentally unlocking both is pretty small. So working with a friend might be a good idea (because one might accidentally unlock one, the other unlocks the other, combine them and there you go).
    • Both secrets have something to do with me. Or something about me. Google might help.

You can ask me yes or no questions, which I may or may not answer. If I don't answer, it either means your question was really good, or I missed it :D

Have fun :) Hopefully this goes over well, because I'd like to do this for each update.

NOTE: This will only work in the full version of the game, not Rogue Runner Lite

2. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Found a problem with top down....for distance, one can get to the first boss and dodge bullets until they run out of physical energy, IMO this is not how I would want someone to rack up the highest score....I tried it to see if it was possible and it is infact fairly easy :(...my suggestion would be for the distance score to stop on every boss fight and resume afterwards.

For the contest:
    (1) Is the secret based on a score?
    (2) If it's something you accomplish, is it tricky to execute?

Loving the game, almost at $250....I'd love to see a cash leaderboard to see how much other people have in the next update if possible :)

Also I wonder if the time played leaderboard is counting the time in the main menu since one could easily top that if so, for instance, I could leave my iPod on and in the menu, raising racking up some time played, ruining the leaderboard.

Love the game! :D
    Thanks!
    Raptor

3. glowdot

I know, someone else pointed this out to me too :( I am going to fix it in 1.6 and then decide what to do about the leaderboard then. Ack. I did it that way so that hopefully people would realize you can use that to your advantage to reach all 3 bosses. Otherwise, the bosses are VERY hard to reach. I reached boss 3 once.

1. No. Yes. Sort of.
    2. Not tricky, really, if you knew exactly what you needed to do. Figuring out what you need to do however is damn near impossible.

Well I was going to add a cash leaderboard BUT... there is a money cheat that at least one other person knows about. So I need to separate cheated money from non cheated money to do that. On the list for 1.6 as well.

No, the timer starts only when the game is running. So it isn't even counting before the platforms or road start moving. If you pause the game, it also stops counting. So it's only when you are actually on the move.

That makes it really cool for me to see the top time player has something like 22+ hours. That's crazy! I don't even think I've played it for 22 hours :)

4. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    For the contest:

(1) Does the secret require doing multiple things?
    (2) Would I get it eventually if I play a few hours?
    (3) Does the top down secret and the endless run secret require doing the same thing?

Thanks!

5. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    about top down mode, could there be an option for the controls so like tapping above your car moves it up and tapping below the car moves it down? Seems more intuitive..

great update by the way!

6. glowdot

1. Yes, but similar
    2. Yes but... more likely if you are a noob
    3. Similar

I made new screenshots yesterday but I think iTunes has been glitching for a few days! Everything is out of whack this week. Hopefully they show up today....

Good idea. I can add a button for toggling control schemes.

Another contest hint: spyky almost got one of them today.

7. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I'm determined. :p

(1) Does the secret require unlocking an achievement?
    (2) Does the secret require hitting a secret button?
    (3) Does the secret require firing?
    (4) Is it possible to get it in a single game?
    (5) Am I asking for hints too much?

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

@glowdot
    i completely fail at top down mode. is it possible for me to win?

9. glowdot

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes -- well, a single game of each mode
    5. Nope! Keep asking. It's probably going to be really hard to figure out. Also, remember the original hints -- it has something to do with me.

I told you it was hard! Remember the distance exploit. The bosses are triggered when you cross every 1000 meters. So if you trigger boss 1 at 1000, kill them around 1800 and then boss 2 will start at 2000. If you kill him at 2100, boss 2 won't start until 3000.

So far no one has beaten any bosses beyond #1.

Yes! In fact I need to update the credits for 1.6. I'll try to make sure I don't miss anyone....

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

is it possible for me to win the prize despite being a noob at this game?

11. glowdot

Yes, especially one of them ;) <-- that's a huge hint right there.

12. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Is one activated by killing a certain enemy?
    Getting a certain score?
    Dying really quickly?

13. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Well I got the second half of the message. :)

2 more :p

(1) Is the first part easier to achieve?
    (2) Does getting the secret involve Dying?

14. glowdot

In random order, the answers are: yes no and no :)

1. They are about the same, one is slightly harder though.
    2. Yes.

15. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Argh! I want to win this!

(1) Does it involve killing someone right after death?
    (2) Does it involve using a shield?
    (3) Can you give a really good hint for us? :p
    (4) Have you gotten 100 or more sales since the update yet?

I'm at about $460...one of the best games I've played in a long long time. Awesome contest too! :D

16. glowdot

1. No
    2. No
    3. Hmmm. It has something to do with me. Also the really big hint from a few posts ago. :)
    4. No. Ugh sales are really bad. Actually I need to figure out a way to promote this thing. Every update hits the pirate sites within 30 minutes, and thousands of new people get the game, and when I check sales the next day... like 10 legitimate sales. Hoping for a turnaround soon.

17. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Does it have to do with which vehicle/location you choose?

18. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I'm making you busy glowdot lol....

(1) Does it involve jumping?
    (2) Can I get it if I get a score under 1000?
    (3) Do I have to shoot alot?
    (4) Have you thought about doing an ad on thi site?
    (5) Does it involve a powerup?

19. glowdot

1. No
    2. Yes (esp. for one of them)
    3. No

Nope!

20. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Wow you're quick...you answered within 2 minutes! :)