Rogue Planet - Crazy awesome graphics in a turn based strategy game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    i think the publisher that bought it, tricked them, and they will never release the game. they probly only got the rights to publish so they could hold it because they have thier own TBS game coming or something, hahaha.

2. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Obviously not Agharta. I don't think they care enough to update :cool: and their excuse everytime they are on the forums is "well look at our twitter" which gets updated ALMOST once a month.

3. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    #143 Auhron, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    It is indeed weird, to be honest. They don't give out anything anymore since they signed a deal with an unknown publisher and to be honest, I don't hear anything about that game, no screenshot, no information, no video, nothing. Again sorry, but I do work for a big Publisher and I don't know what the hell this publisher is doing, beside of hiding the Project from everyone, including the press. Guess not only small developers but also publishers in this area still have much to learn.

There are enough single person or small team publishers around for iPhone, which have set up some database for every interested website or simply persons who send out releases with info bits, teasers/trailers, information updates, screenshot packs, etc. So, I really can't understand the point of view from this publisher (whoever it is) and from my experience in the business it is neither ngmoco nor Chillingo

P.S. Don't get me wrong on that, I still think that this one will be a fantastic game, like 1112 Episode 1 and maybe soon Episode 2. As I really like nearly everything from this video, from the music, sound effect to the fantastic UI. The few people from Agharta really do some fantastic work, but I guess they have to learn some more concerning PR/Marketing and choosing the right partners.

4. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Dominator , well I updated the twitter today ;) (but you are right ,we don't spend enough time talking to the community... to much work to do.. and to few people to spare..)
    still here I go, Rogue is finished, the Publisher (They still don"t want us to cumunicate) says it will takes unitl the 30 of september to translate into 8 languages (There are 35k words in the game) so I guess the game will go into submission as soon as the trads are done (Really out of our control here..)

For ep02 we are advancing quite fast, the game will look a lot better than ep01 and we only have a few texts and backgrounds to create (Translations as well)

I wish I had a huge hit before allowing me to employ tons of employees to make the games faster...

or maybe we should have try to start making quick casual right from the start to have the capacities of making larger games faster after that.)

5. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Well as long as this date sticks, I'm not concerned:)

-skyye

6. leonard597

leonard597 Member

Aug 11, 2009
    This game looks freaking awesome! i'm defenatly getting this

7. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    1112 was beautiful so if episode 2 looks better than I will be damn impressed. I've played through 4 times and I have no issue with the turn around time as it's hand drawn. The only thing that say about Rogue Planet is the publisher plans on finishing around the 30th. Wouldn't you want to begin hyping it at this point? And even beyond that, we know that the game exists in playable state, this is no secret. We've seen the hands on video. It seems odd that they wouldn't come out and say "Yeah we will be publishing this game" or even acknowledge the existance of the deal.

8. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    That's why I like big publisher like gameloft, whenever they release the news about their new game, its game will be appear in AppStore within 2-4 weeks... Whocare it's clone one or what!

I know you're small team & poor, so do you need money to pay your rent? Right, release the game NOW!!!

9. dominator246

Jul 3, 2009
    Is it Gameloft? If so congrats! That's a good deal. Just hope it's compatible with our itouch 2nd gen 3.0 since that's gonna be the "old" any time now

10. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    lol? why should it be gameloft? why should the game not be compatible with a 2nd gen ipod touch? why will the 2nd gen ipod touch be "old"?

i seriously never read more wrong assumptions packed into only one sentence. congrats.

11. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lol can you not tell he is joking...btw I feel sorry for the 1st gen holders as they are basically obsolete

12. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    +1 LOL you make my day:D

13. dominator246

Jul 3, 2009

Well smartass, remember when 3.0 came out? Warpack Grunts was 3.0 only, so was Rolando 2. Who knows it could be the same with this game.

And Skyye gets it, he knows I'm the sarcastic one here lol

14. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    we have it working on 2.X and 3.X, contrary to most game there is almost no loading time too.
    I have to wait till they send the game to apple submission as the rest of you now...
    35k words to translate and 8 languages... they told me it should be done by the 30th of september.

15. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

thanks for the update. its great that youre putting the game into eight languages. So many people will be able to play this game :D

16. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    The very reason we took an publisher ;) (That and the marketing muscles)

17. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

are you allowed to say who the publisher is?

18. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Nice. Thanks Agharta! :D

19. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    not yet, NDA stuff... they should announce it soon enough I guess...

20. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Thats cool :)