Rogue Planet - Crazy awesome graphics in a turn based strategy game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    This is one of my most waited apps next only to C&C, why did you call them least promising..is it because they refuse to have you beta test their game? or probably something to that effect..just wondering.

2. jones8910

jones8910 Member

May 25, 2009
    Game looks good. I can't wait to play it. Are the models actually 3D? It looks like sprites of pre-rendered 3D models by the way they moved in the video, but that may be because it isn't finished.

3. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    I'm still loving this game even it is late or delay or never planning to release

but I'm getting piss off of some companies announce their game too early...

hey if you're not really, don't announce anything, don't make us so exciting and then turn us down after a long period of waiting....

prepare yourself well before your announcement, make us exciting and release it just on time when everyone at the top of hyper emotion.

I still remembered I went to theatre, watched a movie preview and end with "coming 2010 Dec" or sth... get lose stupid... I don't wanna know right now, remind me when time is close.

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    as someone still waiting for minigore after the painful wait for touch KO, i understand your anger and frustrations. however, you have to understand that smaller companies such as the iphone app developers need the time to hype up their release so they can try to maximize the amount of downloads they get upon its release. the app store is a wildcard sort of place where a fart app can completely bury actual quality apps, regardless of how long they were worked on. the wait is just something you'll have to get used to. never stop supporting the good devs :)

5. Fistfulofdlrz

Fistfulofdlrz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Any updates on this game from the dev?

6. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Any company that doesn't keep in touch with the fans about their activities is just no good :p Any good dev would keep us posted but seriously it's been a month of radio silence for these guys.

7. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    quick update, on twitter, @iphonejunky asks the developer "@Aghartastudio so does that mean rogue planet is all set???" to which @aghartastudio responds to 1 hour ago (well an hour ago if it was 8/7/2009 at 11:30pm eastern standard time :p) "@iphonejunky yep:) it's in the publisher hands now:)"

so there you go people, they might not come on here a lot but they are taking care of things, they are only a 3 man team (according to thier twitter). rest assured people the game is coming, and while people say it looks like advanced wars type game, i'm thinking more of a X-com type game. or at least i hope it is, because i LOVED X-com.

in fact i wish someone would clone or port X-com: UFO defence, or even the other game the gallop brothers made Laser squad nemesis.

8. FastLaneJB

FastLaneJB Active Member

May 2, 2009
    Well I for one am highly looking forward to this and will buy it instantly the minute I can get it in the UK store. UniWar is my most played game so this is my kind of thing. Just hope they can put a good online multiplayer like UniWar has but regardless I'll be getting it.

I think when they announced it they thought it would be out soon but then decided to get a publisher and that's delayed it. It wasn't intensional that they announced it early. Give them a break, if they put this much effort into making an iPhone game they need to do what they can to make sure they get a good return on their work. I'd like there to be more indepth games on the App Store like this. The iPhone after all is perfectly capable of it, just it's a bigger risk to develop a huge game compared to a small short one.

9. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Any word on who is publishing Rogue Planet? I would imagine Chillingo but at this point details are lacking.

10. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    #90 MrDark, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    thx Thechansen to bump this up, and let us know it still exists, I almost think it's dead already... well, go back to sleep, it'll be there by tomorrow or while you're dreaming :D

11. DocDJ

DocDJ Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I just wonder if this is ever coming out. It's taking so long :(

12. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It looks awesome. I'm not sure why all the pessimism. Its only been 2 months since the initial post. Perhaps everyone is spoiled by the typically ultra-quick iPhone dev times? I wouldn't be upset for a game to take longer than that - most iPhone games are obviously rushed or incomplete.

13. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

yeah i agree floyd but this does seem to be taking rather a long time and the devs havent given any update on where they are with the game. its abit annoying really.

14. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It sounds like they have given us feedback - they are sorting out the publishing. I'm guessing the game is probably done.

15. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

oh right sorry i didnt know that. so they're just looking for someone who can fund the cost of releasing the game. Go on chillingo you know you want to...

16. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    #96 MrDark, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    so what's your feedback? it shouldn't be - "it looks awesome, when is the releasing date again?" :D

17. Thechansen

Thechansen Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    From intial announcement till now and people are complaining about it taking too long still? This is hardly Duke Nukem Forever waits. Patience.

Well from what Alex said on the twitters, the game has been handed off to the publisher, but there are a number of publishers operating. Just curious as to which (again Chillingo I would think makes the most sense)

18. DocDJ

DocDJ Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Yeah, but the initial statement said it would be out (or finished, I don't know anymore) within 2 weeks so no wonder people are getting impatient. I don't mind waiting a little longer, but this is just getting ridiculous, especially if they say it could be out in a 2 week timeframe.

19. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Agreed. They said it would be submitted in two weeks and that was nearly three months ago......wtf? lol. I'm pretty sure this game is near dead now. Almost everyone that cared has lost interest or has found somewhere else to spend their money. And for a post waaaaaaay above, the guys making this game are aghartastudio. They gave the game to a publisher is my best guess, so who knows. Since noone there can keep us posted, this game might be gone :(

20. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    I don't understand how people can be that impatient or hatefull because they don't have their new toy right away ...
    The game is currently beeing translated in several language by our distributor (can't tell yet), they didn't want us to release the game in august as I already told numerous times in numerous thread and twits... we used that time to add more feature to the game like commander power and general tuning, and we are advancing fast on 1112 episode 2 as well...

we don't really care how long other devs are faster than us to rush their games to the store, we only care about delivering a great quality title and take the time we need.

you want quality title with a lot of depth coming to the iphone? try to learn patience.