Rogue Planet - Crazy awesome graphics in a turn based strategy game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I can't wait for this completely badass!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jared2k9

Jared2k9 Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Arrrrar!

Is this game ever commin out? Im getting annoyed. has it even been submitted.? Was it rejected from apple? They said two more weeks and it will be finished. Please someone anwser my questions.:confused::eek:

3. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I can't wait either, but I couldn't get right now anyway. I need money.

4. Manathilian

Manathilian Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Not much longer....

According to the post that Agharta Studio made about a week ago on their twitter account (http://twitter.com/aghartastudio), they're "translating and fine tuning" the game. Given that they seem to be making their final adjustments and finishing touches, it shouldn't be long before they finally send it to Apple for review. They'll probably make another post on their blog after they submit it. Once that happens... I'll be checking the appstore like crazy until it finally comes out....

5. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    I bet ist still comes out before Rolando 2 :D

6. Jared2k9

Jared2k9 Member

Mar 16, 2009
    #46 Jared2k9, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    thanks!

Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted to hear! I feel lot more better! :p:rolleyes::D

7. Hudson RL

Hudson RL Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    England
    this game looks fantastic, and have been wanting this game for a while now.

i hope the bluetooth multiplayer doesn't take to long to follow after release!

8. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Bluetooth Mp is implemented...
    The only thing we can't have right now is an online scoring system and profiles... (we can't afford dedicated servers right now..;) but if the game sells well, we'll focus on that last point;)

9. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    The company making this won't ever update their official website or twitter, no idea when this is coming out.

10. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    Has Rogue Planet been submitted yet???

Really looking forward to this game. Anyone know an update? Has it been submitted and we are just waiting on Apple? Throw me a frickin bone here....need info.

11. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    not submitted yet, working a deal with a publisher right now, they may want to release it september to avoid a flawed launch in empty august as they say

12. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    Empty August?:( Release it now....in Super Full July!!! Believe me, you will have plenty of folks who will get this. Some of most popular games are turn based strategy, ex: Uniwar, Mechwars, and yours will be the best. Please release it now.

13. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Tell them we're all waiting for it. September is just too far away.

14. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    no use in begging, if they release it too early it might have some bugs and typos. then the ignorant would falsely give it bad reviews.

15. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #55 Big Albie, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    I work in public relations and that's actually a misnomer. In years past during the dotcom boom days, August was indeed an empty month because media was burned out by the coverage in the other months. This would also be the month that many took off for vacations. However, in the recent years as the definition of media has changed, August is now an ideal month for doing launches.

Two reasons:

1) Media is no longer just print pubs and other forms of media have matured. Bloggers, Web sites and other forms of social media are year round. Print pubs in fact are so stretched these days that the notion of an empty August really doesn't have much of an impact as it once did.

2) Since many companies still believe that August is an empty month, they hold launches until fall; but the smart companies know with the lack of other news or releases, they can take advantage of the limelight in August.

So in many ways, August is really an ideal month for a launch...if you can get your act together by then that is.

16. lowtek

lowtek Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    September!! I can't wait that long. This is easily my most antipicated idevice game ever!

17. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I wish I never saw that June 12th Write-up that said "If all goes as planned, Rogue Planet will be submitted to the App Store inside of two weeks."

Seems like a few other games lately were said to be submitted within weeks, but here we sit MONTHS later.

September? I might be dead by then! :eek:

18. nine

nine Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Well, especially when they go on vacation they could use a good game for a portable device ;)

@aghartastudio

I hope that everything goes well with your publishing deal and hopefully they will not hold it back. I think Big Albie is right that the old paradigms have changed in the recent years and that they won't fit anymore.

19. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Yeah I'm really excited for this one. I'd always rather see a game spend more time in the cooker and come out perfect than have it rushed. Take your time guys :D

20. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    :p yeah not going to wait that long, just gonna buy Mecho Wars and Gang$tar since it's coming out around september. Nice job Aghartastudios:mad: