Universal Rogue Legacy (by Cellar Door Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Son of Anarchy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #81 syntheticvoid, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    There are some areas that you can't reach unless playing with a dwarf - and some other areas that you need to jump through floors to get to (though, all of these are pretty easily distinguishable by the light grey wall areas)

like - in this image - the lighter grey areas of the wall are highlighted and can only be reached if you're playing with a dwarf character. All of the other areas I've seen were large openings (about 5 or 6 wall segments wide) - and always on the floor, never on the side wall or in the ceiling. - https://i.stack.imgur.com/tCM6P.png

**edit** crap, I take that back ---- there are some areas where you can easily see a treasure chest below you, with no way to get there - those rooms, you can jump up into the ceiling and then go up and around and down to get to them (you'll have to jump through floors that are obscured by the bricks) - like here - https://i.ytimg.com/vi/C_5UqkighQM/maxresdefault.jpg

And - while looking for images to share, I came across this - https://i.stack.imgur.com/Od4lM.png - which I haven't seen yet.... so I guess there are those 'hidden' areas in the ceilings.
    =X

Anyway - the whole 'point' of my post was to say that they're pretty easily found - and there's quite a few areas that can only be reached when you're a dwarf - like the first image I shared and places like here - http://i.imgur.com/hDzqEfN.jpg

But nothing that you should have to really search for.

raravan, Son of Anarchy and houseofg like this.
  2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ahhh ok. Very helpful. Thanks!

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There is also a truly hidden room in each castle that is most easily found with the compass and you have to use the action (!) key to enter. I haven’t found one yet without the compass and I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I believe it should be if you just search for a place where the (!) appears for seemingly no reason. There are many hidden sections of rooms where you can pass through a wall or ceiling or drop through the floor. Sometimes the chest is visible on the other side of the wall, sometimes it is hidden behind (there will be sparkles where the chest is). I constantly see places I could go with dwarfism and it always drives my ocd crazy (on the flip side I love the ocd trait).

houseofg likes this.
  4. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016

LOL at the wife thing, I know that struggle. I completely forgot I pre-ordered Battle Chasers, and had to explain to my wife the $9.99 charge, and then had to explain why I was drooling over my phone when Rogue Legacy came out..... just wait till she doesn't see me for months when i lock myself away with Rogue Legacy and Dead Cells.

5. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I just found a compass and then the secret door and chest via the compass and had no idea how I even went through the door. So this is exactly what I was wondering- whether I possibly could have found it without the compass.

6. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    This game is a serious danger to my free time. I say I’m gonna do a run, next thing you know, I’m 20 runs in, scratching at my neck saying “just one more maaaaaan”. I like it. I like it a lot.

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah!!! Yeah! I completely forgot about that.
    =X
    Probably because I've only collected that compass two or three times, and have never found out what it leads to.
    =/

Thank you for bringing it up. I really need to try and start following that thing....

I'm really hoping that by the time Dead Cells hits the store, I'll be all game'd out for a few weeks.
    I mean, of course I'll check it out for a few hours that week it's released - but.... <fingers crossed> I'll need a break by then.
    =P

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Glad to hear the heating will be adressed.
    What i have noticed more and more, is that this game suffers a bit either from :
    1) unfair enemy placement or
    2) too narrow view point
    In either case, when you jump up or go down one level, all too often an enemy or a projectile is JUST THERE but you cant see it because you can only see your height level more or less.
    I think this has to be rebalanced for mobile along with some easier difficulty settings to account for virtual buttons.

9. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Totally know what you mean.

You know what the evil trick is here? You have to start a run to spend the gold you just earned. It's an addictive loop!

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Finally made it to the boss in the forest.... only to get obliterated in an adjacent room by some Earth Wizard that deftly dodges my dwarvish hokage attacks. This game is so rad. So so so rad.

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I haven't played on my PC in a while, but I'm fairly sure that the amount of each room that is in view is the same - or nearly the same - across all gaming platforms this title is available on.

I know what you're saying, because this was (and at times still is) an issue for me as well when I first started playing. It's always a good idea to assume that there's going to be a danger just out of view. Once you get some runes collected, it's also a good idea to keep one double jump and at least one dash equipped at all times. This way when you're falling, you can jump or dash in mid-air and avoid whatever it is that you might be about to come into contact with. The same goes for upwards movement; if you're about to collide with a harmful object while jumping, you can quickly dash out of harm's way.
    There are also some characters that can walk on spikes, others won't trigger the pop-up floor spikes and then there's another character that has a 'teleport' that will immediately move them from one spot to about an inch ahead of them (well, about an inch on my 6S screen - it's maybe 5 character-body-sized lengths ahead of where the are when you hit the button), and yet another character that allows you to place a shadow, and teleport to that spot from anywhere in the room (which is also really nice when going against a large grouping of enemies - you can teleport to the 'safe spot' you've placed your shadow).

This will not completely solve the issues you're facing, but I hope that it does at least mitigate them.
    And, if I'm completely off-base here and the size of the view area is totally different on iOS, I could have just typed all of this for naught.
    =P

There's always going to be dangers just out of view. But I feel that the developers have done a really great job of offering lots of different ways that you can cope with them.

I wish you luck!
    Now, go beat some castle-dwelling enemy butts!!!
    =D

Ha! Congrats pathogen!! I'm still trying to beat that forest boss.... that ju-ju-bee is..... grrrrrr.....
    he needs to have those little skeleton minions of his shoved into his eye-holes!!
    =X

TheSpydog likes this.
  12. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Male
    Hey guys, I’m curious what move stick sensitivity setting you all have found to be the most comfortable for your play style? We’re considering changing the default setting from Medium to High (at least on iPhones) but we wanted to hear some of your opinions first.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    On my 6S, both my stick and swipe settings are on high. I think it'd be a good idea to set it as the default.

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    high+, but please give us arrows? :)

decript likes this.
  15. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I had it set to default (medium) but tried high on both drop downs and it seemed to work very well. Can't say I noticed a huge difference. iPhone X.

16. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Personally the sensitivity is fine for me, HOWEVER, I do NOT like that it floats. I like the sticks to be fixed. I always end up moving my thumb further into more of the screen, so having the stick fixed keeps my thumb from creeping out.... I know....weird problem, but my thumb seems to have a mind all its own.

decript likes this.
  17. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Male
    Thanks for your feedback! A patch update should be rolling out now with the following changes:

1. Action buttons (jump, attack, etc) become invisible when a gamepad is connected.
    2. Many optimizations to hopefully make the game run less hot on iPhones.
    3. Crash fixes for certain locales.
    4. The default move stick sensitivity on iPhone is now High.

I hope this will help you all enjoy the game even more! As always, let me know if you have any feedback.

Gwarmaxx and downgrad3r like this.
  18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #98 Royce, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Anyone know what Hedgehog’s Blessing does? It’s not the same as Hedgehog’s Curse on the PC version. I got it and couldn’t figure it out.

Update: Got it again and figured it out. Auto-pickup for gold.

19. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Thank you so much for welcoming and even encouraging feedback. This level of engagement and support reflects well on your team and raises the bar for iOS. Hope you sell a million copies!

TheSpydog likes this.
  20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #100 syntheticvoid, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    =D
    Yes, thank you very much. The game seems to be running better and while I can't really tell a difference with the battery (though, again - I wasn't really paying too much attention to the 'battery drain'), I will say that my phone is definitely not running as hot as it was previously.
    So thank you.
    =)
    I did want to ask.... is there a way you can allow us to maybe tap the pause button during the 'after-game-sections'; where it tells you how many enemies you've beat/goes through the credits and allow us to skip through it? It was definitely interesting the first time through, but now I'm just kinda like..... ---- 'c'mon! I wanna get back into it already!!', ya know?
    =X
    Hehe.