Universal Rogue Legacy (by Cellar Door Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Son of Anarchy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Off-topic, but the dev has not ruled it out yet. ;)

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    One of my absolute favorite games...indie or otherwise. Just spent a whole dollar on this and feels like I’ve just burglarized the AppStore!!:eek:

3. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    TheSpyDog
    Played it on iphone 8plus on current ios 12(no issues)

iOS 13.0 is my beta version. I restarted phone and now have zero issues :) Thanks for the help!

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm not very good at platform games, but these controls...are like buttah…

andsoitgoes likes this.
  5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I love this game but went back to playing it on my Xbox One and, yeah, the controls on mobile just aren’t responsive enough for me. Do much better on the console version.

Know I could use mfi but that defeats the purpose for me.

Anyway, still love having the option to play this on the go. Just wish the controls were a bit more responsive.

6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Glad I am not the only one who can’t get used to the control, I try many times to adjust the sensitivity, but it just doesn’t work, especially in those dangerous situations and challenges, the “virtual control”, “floating control” or “drag to move” whatever it calls, just not reliable enough to keep me from dying eventually.

So I guess I would play the game with my mfi controller until the new control out.

BTW about the buttons block the screen for touch control, is there any chance to adjust buttons’ transparency?

Still thanks to an official response, and hope you can collect more players’ feedback to make the game better.

Here is another time I encountered the fatal bug, after several times dying and tried to give it another shot, I encountered the bug when I tap “choose your heir”.

Attached Files:

ramzarules likes this.
  7. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Holy balls. They did NOT turn the difficulty down. I’m thankful for this.... but god damn the castles beginning to look a lot like the beaches of Normandy.... but it’s all my dead corpses.....

andsoitgoes likes this.
  8. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Also, deez controls. They are actually.... solid. Well done.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    1) the controls imo are smooth, responsive and customisable - so good job on that Spydog
    2) what some people are saying, and now i am included in this, is that it is humanly much faster and more precise to tap just a little or pull your finger away from a move arrow, than to drag a little to move that inch between spikes while on the air trying the no damage challenge. I tried to explain it as good as i could
    3) button transparency would be greatly appreciated as well
    4) dare i suggest a separate “easier mode” option where we have more hp and do more damage, to help those of us who never went beyond the 2nd boss in pc? :D

10. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Thanks for detailed explaining, that is what I want to talk about actually, in some challenges you can’t make any mistake or you would failed.

11. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Why not? Would it be the equivalent of zooming in on a Youtube video? In other words, does it cut off parts of the screen when fullscreen mode is active? My hope is that it would simply alter the aspect ratio in such a way that those with newer devices would be able to see everything without the pillarboxing effect. Hyper Light Drifter is the lone example of an action title with pillarboxing that I have thoroughly enjoyed. The reasons are (1) the pillarboxed area is aesthetically pleasing and (2) the controls don’t punish players for being too close to the edges. In terms of controls, it’s essentially like the pillarboxed area is not there. If the answer is that zoom cuts off parts of the screen, then I would ask whether the controls punish players for being too close to the edge of the display area. Again, it’s like the edges aren’t even there in Hyper Light Drifter.

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    No, it just stretches to fit, which is like eyeball poison in pixel art games. I'm kind of the resident "hates black bars" person but with this, and HLD as you mentioned, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

andsoitgoes and downgrad3r like this.
  13. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Ah, I see. Thank you for clearing things up a bit. Valuable feedback from a fellow letterbox hater.

14. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    Does it have gamecenter sync so you can save your progress across multiple iOS devices ?

15. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Yes, I played the game on both my iPad & iPhone, both progress are the same.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  16. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    BY ALL OF THE MOBILE GAMING GODS, PLEASE, CONVINCE THE DEV OF THIS GLORIOUS TITLE, STREETS OF ROGUE, TO HAVE IT PORTED TO THE MOST MOBILE OF PLATFORMS..... THIS WOULD MAKE YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT PRAISE YOUR NAME, MOST GLORIOUSLY

17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    dude you absolutely CRUSHED this port. Good freaking work!

Anotherkellydown and TheSpydog like this.
  18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I agree with all of the above.

First, I need to say that everyone on the planet should get this game, especially at it’s current “the dev is almost paying you to buy it” price.
    Immediate reaction when starting the game was the controls are fantastic! But then the slide to move thingy just makes things more difficult than they need to be. An option that number 2 suggestion above is indicating sounds like it would fix things.

And an easier mode for this “older, not a great platform gamer” would be most welcome. ;)

andsoitgoes likes this.
  19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This is the Police 2 due early September too!

20. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Instant purchase at this price, it’s the controller support that made it!

andsoitgoes likes this.