Universal Rogue Legacy (by Cellar Door Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Son of Anarchy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    @TheSpydog

Just want to say a big thanks. A huge thanks !!

TheSpydog likes this.
  2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, took longer than I expected, but the question was resolved in record time. :p

Hey there. :) Welcome to TA. Great job porting this over!

TheSpydog likes this.
  3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Interesting. For those who picked it up..does it feel easier?

On the PC version, even with a controller, I got stuck on I think an eye boss with spinning stuff around it or something and could never pass that. :p

4. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It feels harder /: was there always this many enemies in screen? Been awhile since the vita.

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks for the port, especially for your work on the controls!
    This feels way harder than i remember on pc..

6. mmirage

mmirage New Member

May 19, 2012
    Is anyone else having difficulty finding it in on the Canadian store?

7. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I can’t remember when the error happened, but looks like it is just me encountered the bug so far, I would report it again if I found it.

BTW I think the drag-moving control doesn’t fit the game, because you need do everything precisely to dodge every bullets and fireballs, the drag-moving control can’t make you just stop immediately, maybe add a traditional left-right arrow moving would be better.

If you have a controller, just use it! the game becomes 100% better if you played the game with a controller.

And I hope that if the game detected that the player is using a controller, just hide the touch buttons on the screen would be better.

The map button function seems not working when I played the game with controller, I have to tap it by my finger, which is a little bit weird.

Still a really nice a game, hope the game could sell well.

8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    IT'S DRAG TO MOVE?! IN A SIDE SCROLLING ROGUE LIKE?????!!!! WHAT IN THE 7 HELLS IS THIS TREACHERY?!?!?!

9. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Yes, it is really horrible in this kind of game in my opinion, since it is rogue-lite, every move is important, you may die instantly if you did a wrong move.

Maybe it is why people think the mobile version is harder than PC version.

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I wont even waste my time until they implement a different control scheme. IDK why ANYONE would choose drag to move over buttons for a side scroller. I love Rogue Legacy, played on PC before any addon content. I could not imagine playing this game with a drag to move scheme. Id smash my phone in frustration with the boss fights. I notice they mention a difficulty adjustment due to being on mobile...however.... I wonder if the difficulty was lowered to accommodate a less than ideal control scheme....

11. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Ios 13 public beta
    iPhone X

getting a constant pop up regarding icloud save sync issue. Asks if I want to use data stored in cloud or local.

I understand ios13 is probably low priority but just wanted to give you a heads up :)

TheSpydog likes this.
  12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't really know what drag to move is supposed to mean, but the controls are a touch anywhere virtual stick, and you can turn and stop on a dime. I'm not sure what issue the other fellow is having.

TheSpydog, houseofg and AsgerJ like this.
  13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I was gonna say, that would be MIND BLOWING if they did some sort of "drag to move", now that I know its a floating stick, Ill throw my money at it like I throw money at cheap dollar menu food.

14. TheSpydog

TheSpydog Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Male
    Hey, yeah, you're not the only one to mention that. We'll work that into an upcoming patch for sure. :)

Yeah, the reason for that is that MFi controllers a little weird. :p On PC/console the map button is mapped to SELECT, which, for some reason I have yet to understand, MFi controllers don't have. On an Xbox/PS4 controller + iOS 13 the map button should work, though.

Thank you! :)

Also to further address the move stick stuff, you can adjust the sensitivity of the floating stick in the game options menu. That way you can tune it to your liking!

Thanks a bunch of bringing this to our attention! That sounds super annoying, so we'll definitely try to fix that asap. Three questions to help the fix come faster:
    1. Have you played the game on other devices besides your iPhone X? If so, what's the OS/model of the other device(s)?
    2. Which version of the public beta are you on?
    3. Have you tried restarting your phone? iCloud is a notoriously fickle beast so I'm wondering if it's somehow got into a state where it's constantly confusing itself. Maybe a restart would help.

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Not much of a platform player myself (usually because these days I have arthritis and have trouble moving my fingers quickly on joypads) but I happen to have the Steam version and I’m going to buy this one simply as a thank you to the dev for releasing the game on mobile as a premium game.
    (the fact the dev has released it at an incredible sale price also helped) :D

downgrad3r likes this.
  16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    99 cents for this is robbery! i’ll also buy the switch version later or friday to support further

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I never died that quick and that much in 5 minutes, without knowing what’s going on,AND having so much fun at the same time!
    Well, it’s also because of this ”floating stick which you have to drag to move”. It’s NOT doing the job right FOR ME at all! :(

Possible, my dear Devs, to get the classic (customizable) left-right buttons as an option, please? :rolleyes:

Good luck with your lovely little gem!

Andy C83 likes this.
  18. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Just grabbed it.

Next is coming Dead Cells and next year (maybe) Caves of Qud (fingers crossed for a phone version).

If Streets of Rogue eventually comes to mobile (great game, if you have not played it), I think I am set for rogues for a lifetime. lol.

19. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    If Streets of Rogue came to iOS, I would loose my effing mind.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Been dying way more too for some reason. Think the attack button is not quite as responsive as I’d like it to be as well but I may just be trying to place blame somewhere, lol. It has been a while since I played it on console.