Universal Rogue Knight: Infested Lands (by Luis Regueira)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, May 24, 2017.

1. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    No problem! Don´t hesitate to contact us with more suggestions :)

2. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    "Rogue Knight: Infested Lands" has been updated to version 1.0.5

In this version we have added the following:
    - Added ability to auto-walk when there are no enemies remaining on a level
    - Music & sound settings are now saved between sessions
    - Added 4 new achievements related to combo multipliers
    - Added a new scoreboard for endless mode. How many levels can YOU complete?

Thanks for playing!!!

3. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

Just picked this up and having a great time, perfectly fitted for mobile (playing on my 6S).

One question: What does the blue gems signify (at the bottom near the armor)?

If possible; would be cool if you could add an option that after you pass a main area that at a new game you could start at that area (but without the benefit of upgrades and items you would have gathered along the way, thus you could optionally skip early levels but at a deficit). Just a thought. Thanks & great game.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #24 stubbieoz, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Decided to get the game and just hope for that music slider #. Not saying the music is bad but it is just too loud for me.

Early impressions are that this could be a good little tactical turn based game.
    Graphically it looks like I expected on the large iPad Pro, pretty blocky, but graphics are not so important for this type of game.
    The gameplay is quite good and you need to think ahead a turn or two to survive.
    Love the roguelike nature of the game as well.

A note about saving.
    The game only saves the level you are on but not the exact level layout or your position.
    While not a big deal as each level is quite small I would have preferred if the game could save exactly your position.
    As it is now if you enter a level and don't like the layout you can just exit the game and restart and try for a better one. Being a rougelike I would have thought it would be better to not have that option.

Oh, and please, please, can you add a pop up asking if your are sure you want to quit!? I just accidentally tapped it and lost all my progress. ☹️

5. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Hi! I´m really glad to hear you´re enjoying the game!

The blue gems at the bottom is a score multiplier. Each consecutive turn that you attack an enemy without taking any damage, it goes up which results in bigger scores when you defeat enemies. You are actually not the first to ask about this which tells me that this is not clear to the player at all. Will have to think about how that can be improved... Thanks for pointing that out :)

Thank you for your suggestion! We will add this to our backlog of upcoming updates (there´s loads of them coming :)) and see if we will implement something like this.

// Luis

6. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Hi! Great to hear you're liking it so far!

The save functionality can indeed be exploited at the moment. Thanks a bunch for pointing this out. We will fix this in an upcoming update!

Aaah! Quitting by accident sounds horrible. I´m definitely gonna fix that dialogue so it doesn't´t happen to anyone again.

Thank you for all your great feedback! Will post here when these issues are fixed!

// Luis

7. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Version 1.15 out now on the Appstore!

We have just release the latest “Rogue Knight: Infested Lands” update, version 1.15.

In this version we have added the following:
    – Save mechanism has been improved.
    – Ability to record and share gameplay has been added in the game menu
    – “Are you sure you want to quit?” dialogue added
    – Zogorath now gives a hefty amount of bonus points to distinguish those that have actually finished the game on the leaderboards

Thank you for playing and keep an eye out for upcoming updates! We will be adding lots of cool stuff in the near future…

8. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm interested !

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Hey I think I found a couple bugs. First, I'm trying to pick up a spell, but it's not working. I have two slots left, but the spell just stays there - I have a gameplay video if you want me to send it to you.
    Second, it seems the defend skill doesn't always work - I don't always get the second action. Haven't determined a pattern yet.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The last two inventory slots need to be activated by a skill you can choose when you level up.

Not sure exactly what the defend skill is you are referring to, but if it is the shield skill in your top four default skills the ability to have two turns should only happen during the next round.

11. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ah ok. Might be good to X out those last two boxes - I did notice they're a bit darker when I played again and didn't have four skills yet. But that's not noticeable at all once the first four skills are filled up.

And yes, the default shield skill. And yes I know the two turns come in the following round - but there have been a couple times when I didn't get the second turn.

Anyway, I want to like the game, but I think it needs more to it - each level is almost identical other than tiles and difficulty. The skills are nice, but I don't feel like they make enough of a difference in gameplay. I just found myself doing the same things over and over and not really feeling like there was a strong sense of progression.

12. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ugh and now I just encountered another bug- the portal won't work. I think it's because I killed a monster on top of it.

13. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Hi!

The defend skill is a bit more complicated to use than the other skills and we haven´t added it to the tutorial (which we will) but it works during the following conditions: You have to be attacked during the turn you activated it to get two turns next round. As to the two free slots, we need to fix this by hiding them completely because our design does not make this clear enough as you pointed out. Thanks for your feedback!

// Luis

14. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    This unfortunately crept up in the last build that we did. Will fix this! Thanks for your feedback!

// Luis

15. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Hi!

We have a lot of ideas of things we could add to the levels to make them more dynamic but felt that the scrolls and number of enemies was enough for most people and also made the game "reasonably" complicated... it´s hard to strike a balance there. Especially on mobile. There are about 30 skills and some (not all) should change up your patterns in order to be effective. Charge, Momentum and Backstab each reward different timing and positioning for example... Anyway, thanks a lot for playing and thanks for your valuable feedback!

// Luis

16. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Update version 1.22 is out now!

Hi!

We have just released version 1.22 on the Appstore. In this version we have fixed the following:
    - Added defend action and added/changed some explanations (for example what the blue gem icon means :p) in the tutorial
    - Fixed a bug where a dropped item in the portal would disable the portal
    - Fixed a rare issue where the first selected skill when levelling up directly after loading a game would be of the wrong type

17. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Hi folks!

I’ve not posted here for quite some time but just want to inform you that the game has been updated a couple of times since the last post and that on Saturday we’re releasing another update. This one is big!

We’ve created a daily challenge mode where you have to try to complete 4 randomly generated levels with a set of given skills. The layout, loot drops and enemy locations and skills are the same for all the players that day so you can compare scores on equal terms in Game Center. We’ve also added some one liners to give our hero a bit more pesonality. There are level intro screens with a bit of flavour texts as well in story mode.

Enjoy and thanks for playing!

18. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    Here's the trailer to see the game in action:

raravan likes this.
  19. SinisterSiameseStudios

May 24, 2017
    Male
    iOS Developer
    Stockholm
    And here's a whole bunch of screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

aussiepaul, stubbieoz and raravan like this.
  20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I freaking love this game. Seriously, more people need to play it! There is a ridiculous amount of strategy and planning involved in a successful run and it has some of my favourite pixel art and animation!

@SinisterSiameseStudios Was there an inspiration for the art of the game? Someone mentioned to me recently that they used to play a game way back when that used to have this style of graphics.