iPad Rogue is out!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by parranoya, Nov 28, 2008.

1. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Talk about your old school RPG! Also a student told me about autodesk fluid ---- a good fluid simulator! Downloading both right now!

cant wait to see how the rogue commands ported!

2. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I just noticed too! Downloading as we speak.:)

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

4. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #4 parranoya, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
    superawesome!

OK played this game and die twice already ----what a great port. Took a while to figure out how the old key commands have changed but once you tilt the device with the home button on the bottom you get grafix and it seems easier to move and interact ---soooooo much fun ---this and touchgrind are my 2 new favorites! Oh yeah -----kicks you out of the game when you die! Annoying

5. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

They need to have a more friendly interface...
    Otherwise a great app.

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
  7. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Haha, I was all excited when I read there was a new old school RPG out. I've been really wanting more of those. But this is a little more old school then I was expecting. Still, its interesting but hard to get used to, but for free, its a nice to mess around with.

8. (klondike)

(klondike) Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    It won't play on my iPhone.

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Cool, I've played some Nethack in the past, and according to Wikipedia "Rogue inspired Hack, which in turn led to NetHack, Hack's modern-day descendant".

Going to give this a try later on. :)

10. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I pooped my pants when I saw this; everything works so well! This is better than anything I put my money into. Now if they only bring Nethack and ADOM.

11. bhearn

bhearn Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I wasted the whole summer of 1985 playing Rogue. This version is a blast; I mostly like the interface.

I do wish you could zoom in in text mode. I can actually make out all characters with no trouble, but honestly, most people who remember playing Rogue are going to have trouble reading little tiny text these days!

Also, double-tap center is dangerous for "inventory": I did that standing next to a centaur, to see what my options were when I was almost dead, and it took the first tap as "do nothing". Oops. Also, it's crashed on me a couple of times. (But at least it restores my state when I relaunch.) One more nit: the gesture for "quaff" is too long.

Overall, though, great port. Really brings back memories.