Universal Rogue Hearts (by NINETAILS CO.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbagga84, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Copper and Iron Ore become common materials in the next area, the Monetia Ruins. Here's my infodump with a list of the early areas: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=4086990&postcount=84

Btw, you did notice that you can refresh your dailies once per day?

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks so much Null...really appreciate it.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Always welcome ;)

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Exactly my position.
    I have stopped playing FFXV PE and this is now the only game I play. I was also hooked the first moment I started it.

A bit disappointing about the extra skill slot costs but not a game breaker for me at all. But thanks for the info.
    I might even buy the crystals for them anyway. The game has given me so much fun I don't mind paying extra.

That is with one caveat though;
    The one thing that makes me hesitant about investing money is the "online all the time" requirement.
    Being online itself doesn't worry me. I only play mobile games on my iPad at home and use my wifi.
    It is the concern that the game doesn't make enough for the devs to keep a server going. So many mobile games I have had in the past are no longer playable because of this very fact.

5. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Also don't bother buying the expensive capes for 100 gems; they increase the chance of getting the "bonus" chest at the end of a dungeon....and you also need 10 gems to open those as well. I'd imagine that becomes useful on torment or nightmare difficulty runs to get the legendaries and the upgrade materials but for the basic game it's not useful.

Game is great though and if anyone likes looter tactical diablo with simple maps and good production values (the layered texture animations are a neat way to add motion even if it's a bit....over the top in some areas) just get this game. You'll be happy you did

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Hymnlocke: First of all, hello and welcome to TA!

While you are right about the Cape's "more chests" ability, keep in mind that it also increases your walking speed and - most important for me - the loot pickup range.
    I got one for my Archer, very handy for resource farming.

Also, how did you notice that about the layered textures? I looked for it, now that you mentioned it, but just can't see it. Could you give an example of "over the top in some places"? Would like to see what you mean.

7. junaldo

junaldo New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    hi

hi.
    Is it a good game?:confused:

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to TA. The short answer is yes. I would recommend that you read through the thread for other opinions.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hello and welcome to TA!

Just quoting my reply to a similar question from TA's Discord ;):
    Well, if you like dungeon crawlers, definitely recommended. Really great game.
    Movement is in realtime unless you get into a battle, then it's turnbased. You fight with one of two heroes: Warrior or Archer (Archer takes a bit of storyline to get, Warrior you have from the start).

10. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    I’m just theorizing but it looks like the visual comic style where the parts of the character (arms, shoulders, chest, etc) are all static images but by making those pieces move at different rates while overlapped it gives the illusion of breathing or movement .

The over the top comes from some of the female characters animations being quite bouncy. My gf keeps making me go into the inn to see monika :)

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks, now I get it.
    And you're spot on about the bouncy parts :D

12. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    Makes me wonder if the game was coded by 14 year old boys who have never seen a women but were asked to translate the term ‘heaving buzzom’ into animation using guess work and hormone fuelled imagination.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Or by someone who really love’s Dragon’s Crown — or anything by Vanillaware. :).

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Nah, it's called "fanservice" :D No idea why especially Asian developers put so much emphasis on, ahem, "movement".

15. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Also I don’t know if this is accurate; but after I upgraded the smith my ability to craft lower level gear disappeared (found recipes are still there just not the free recipes already in the shop). If so people should wait to upgrade until they craft the level appropriate stuff they want. If you upgrade at level 15 for example, all the recipes are now 16-19 :(

16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Very good advice.
    Though the game does say this in a rather obsure way.

For example:
    With a level 3 Blacksmith. If I tap on the upgrade + button to upgrade it to level 4, the small description says
    "Able to upgrade characters Lv15 or higher".

Read that as saying "Able to upgrade characters ONLY Lv 15 or higher.

You really need to watch the relationship between blacksmith level and character level.
    Though as you correctly mentioned lower level recipes you have found are still shown.

17. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Honestly, except the recipes you find, the crap you craft through him isn’t even worth the time and effort. If you happen to have an issue finding a new weapon, ok craft that, but armor? It’s a dime a dozen. Especially in areas lvl 15 and up. In the beginning I found myself crafting 2 weapons but later the bosses drop their specific weapons so often, something I thought was super rare is something that’s just uncommon :p lol. Of course this doesn’t mean don’t upgrade the miner and smithy. As far as I know you need to. Or at least the miner is the most important.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If you really like the game (I unashamedly do) and want to support the devs through a crystal purchase, I can totally recommend the spinning shards things that cost 100 crystals from the magic shop.
    Those things destroy all of those destructable items, that everyone bashes anyway, just by running past them.
    And they automatically collect all the resources.
    It makes resource gathering a whole lot quicker and actually is pretty cool to see.

Of coarse if you are totally against paying for iaps, then please just ignore this post so it doesn't turn into an "all iaps are bad" arguement. #

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Methinks the Shard thingie is better for the Warrior, as he can only destroy stuff at 1 range.
    I got the 100 Crystals Cape for my Archer, so her pickup range matches her attack range. And the 20% faster running speed is handy for resource gathering, too.

Also, you have to like the visuals: I saw it on some other folks in the Pub, and find it quite distracting/annoying. The fiery/red one a little less than the much brighter shining star one. Both are not something I want to look at all the time when playing :p

20. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Well I think they look cool. And I always want my character to be as big and flashy as possible. That’s why I was trying to collect all the wraith gear. Nothing is more flashy in this game then running around looking like those wraith bosses. Sure I could spend 80 gems for the costume but I’d rather use those gems for something that would actually help. But if I did buy a costume it would be the wood set so I’d look like those training guys. Lol. Meh oh well, I’d rather buy an extra skill slot.