Universal Rogue Hearts (by NINETAILS CO.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbagga84, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yeh. I agree. Developers work so hard to make a game functionable and entertaining. .99 is nothing. I just say go check out console game prices and you’d still get the same LEVEL of entertainment. (Sometimes not always) these devs have to make money to keep the game afloat. No money, no updates. Why? Because no money=no one is playing. No players= pointless to update. It’s just like tv. A show gets canceled if no one watches it. I look at it like this. That .99 cents paid for my enjoyment and to keep the game services. Anything beyond that pays for additional content to be added later. More levels (that map is huge) and multiplayer. A console game, sure 1 price and you get the full game. I mean in this particular instance .99 you get the full game too minus multiplayer. But see we won’t have to pay for dlc as it releases. Consoles usually do. But I need to stop the comparing. Because it’s my opinion and a debate over mobile and console is not what I’m trying to start lol it’s like debating over politics and religion.

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yeah, there’s like goblin, troll, warmonger, imperial knight, wraith, ancient warrior, kobold, wolf, etc I know there’s a bunch. But they have this design inside the box upper left corner and always blue, until you upgrade them. Crafting, IMO is only needednif you’re having difficulty finding a decent weapon. Keep your shops upgraded, every 5 levels so they keep their inventory up to date to your level

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Anyone knows if the game is compatible with iPhone X? I mean full screen. Want to buy it:confused:

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Someone posted before that the game works well on the X but it is not optimised.

I have been playing like this since I read your post. It is really handy, thanks.
    Speaking of which....the controls.
    This is one of the best games I have played with tap controls. It plays perfectly for me using the "Smart" control option on my iPad Pro 12.9". Only need one finger as well.
    The devs nailed it. #

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Oh ok!!! Thank you :D I guess i am not buying then till it is optimised.

6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Small tip.
    Be sure to walk into any campfires. You get a small random bonus.
    Easy to forget when you have played too many games where # pits usually just burn you. #

7. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Hi, I'm low level right now, what should I do with my stuff? What should I work on leveling, spend gold on, etc?

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #128 stubbieoz, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Nullzone has posted previously some excellent advice on what to do. Check out his posts.

Some starting tips:
    *Decompose low grade stuff for RP which you need to increase your skill levels.
    You can decompose a max of 10 items. Then you have to wait for 150 minutes till you can do it all again. The number you can decompose increases if you increase the blacksmith level.
    *Enchancing early on is not worth it. You are going to find some pretty good gear just by playing the game. The loot drops are really good imho. I got a couple of legendary stuff after only a hour or so of playing.
    *Gold is also necessary. The best way to get gold is doing quests from the Pub. A max of three per day.
    *Dont spend any Crystals early on. You will want more storage space later in the game, which require crystals, and you can also get some nice convienance items as well for crystals.
    *After the first zone you get an archer character. Both characters level up together but you need to increase their skill levels seperately. The warrior and archer do not play together but you can choose what character to play. Except, I believe, there are some missions that require a particular character. I just havent leveled up enough to confirm that yet.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #129 Nullzone, Feb 27, 2018
    Land of the Oath - Puzzles?

In the Land of the Oath area, did anyone figure out how to solve those multi-switch puzzles?
    UPDATE: Captain Obvious strikes again ;) You need to stand on the switch that you cannot cover with a metal block.

In other news, another tip:
    Never sell Black Iron Ore, it's much more rare than Copper and Iron. I just ran out, and still have "Deliver 180 Black Iron Ore" daily I want to do for the Gold reward.
    Land of the Oath is the first place where it's a common material, and even then it's still rather rare.

10. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Another quick tip.
    The rooms that have the requirement to step on 4 tiles in a certain order.
    Just use the slide skill, both characters have one, and slide across them.
    If you don't you will probably get instant killed.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Those I found in Treasure Maps only till now.
    On level 1, you'll get a note showing you the correct switches to step on.
    As you have no time pressure, I usually step on one, then back off and walk around to the next; unless it's a straight line of switches you need to hit.
    And yes, if you step on a wrong switch, it kills you instantly.
    Oh, and I've seen them with 6 switches already ;)

Slide also gets you across Spike Traps without taking damage, very handy for those block puzzles.

12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay, need a heads up please Null.
    Every time I have gotten the note there is nothing I can do with it. The "use" button is greyed out.
    How do you actually get the correct switches to step on from the notes?

Hence why I gave the hint about sliding across them. Otherwise I was just killed all the time. #

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just tap on the note to view it and see the switch pattern, no need to use it.
    Blue Circles are the ones you need to step on, grey X you have to avoid.
    The top row of the graphic is the one nearest the entrance door of the room.

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    OMG! I am such a dope. #

I looked at those four tiny x and o when I selected the note and I just thought it was some sort of display bug.
    It did not connect to my stupid brain that it was a hint.
    I feel so damn stupid atm.

Man, how did I miss that?!
    I'm going to bed.......wheres my mummy....wahhh #

15. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    #135 McDeathUK, Feb 27, 2018
    A correction about something posted above.

The treasure maps show something like

xo
    ox

or

ox
    ox
    ox

The o is the block(s) you need to stand on

The TOP of the graphic, no matter how you enter the room (door north or south) with the floor pattern, is always the TOP LEFT i.e

xo
    ox

is

____
    \x\o\
    -----
    \0\x\
    -----

(sorruy for bad text art, but hopefully you will get the point with the slight graphical aid)

It is also worth noting that the switch pattern in I, II, III and so on is always the same for each dungeon run of that type. So once you have run them a dozen or so times, just go get the treasure unless the handful of drops and XP from the mobs protecting the code is important

16. McDeathUK

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    First 'frown'

hmmm.. hmmmmmm.

Not sure how I feel about this. Gems up till now have been for easy play items, storage upgrades, costumes, a better loot drop chances, decomposition speedup, quick money which is all fine.. these are optional

Until you hit level 20...

You then have to use gems to unlock skill slots. Now admittedly, you don't always need to use the 'chain skills' on every skill slot, but this is not a decision that impresses.

However, this is just a heads up, you don't need those slots (only chain skill slots), and the game is STILL awesome and still keeping my attention

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @McDeath: I read about that in the game's chat already. Level 25 skill slot also costs 50 Gems. Note that these 2 slots are the only ones (out of 8) you need to purchase with Gems.

I don't worry about it yet: I just hit level 21, and so far I am doing very well with the 4 main and 2 link slots. Also, I *think* that the 20 Gems and 10k Gold I got as daily reward recently are like a weekly reward. So, if that's the case you can easily get it in 2 weeks. Will report back if I get them again next week.
    And even if not: while the 2 daily gems are a bit on the stingy side, it's 25 days for one of those slots. And so far the game looks like you can have a pretty long haul with it. While definitely not a good design decision, I've seen far worse and don't mind much yet.

18. McDeathUK

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    I was just giving the low down as I have raved about this game more than any other and I dont want to give the impression that there are no paywalls at all, even though this one is insignificant

But you are correct, 2 chained and 2 normal slots is fine, I am tbh completely blown away by how many skill there actually are to choose from.. I am also blown away that this game still keeps my attention. After 2 days, I devicxed to stop playing FFXV Pocket Edition and save for another day,.., this game has had me hooked since day one and I cant wait to get back to it

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #139 Nullzone, Feb 27, 2018
    Same here. This is top notch.
    Just dropped 10 bucks to support the devs, and will do so again if I'm still playing in a week or two.

The great thing about the skills is that a lot of effort went into the boss battles especially: By now, I really have to think and plan which skills I bring and when I use them. And quite a few chaff monsters require different setups than what you want for their boss. Good thing you can change your setup in the dungeons, too.

Only thing I am missing is being able to save skill setups, say 3 or 5 for each hero. Need to write to the devs if they can put that in.

20. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Anyone know where you can get bulk copper ore? Its all my dailies but the highest zone I can clear is Abandoned Mine and it barely drops there.