Universal Rogue Hearts (by NINETAILS CO.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbagga84, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #61 Nullzone, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    re RP - bit of advise

When using RP to levelup your skills, pay attention that both the RP and Gold cost get high pretty fast.
    I made the mistake to spread out (mostly to give it a try).
    Much better to focus on 1-3 skills that you use a lot, and get them to level 6 asap: This reduces cooldown by 1 turn, highly useful. And increases their special effects to level 2 as well.

What I am not sure yet is what's the best approach to get RP:
    Is it better - economics-wise - to sell white/green items and decompose blue ones? Or sell blues and decompose white/green ones?
    Need to pay attention and numbercrunch a bit to see what gives the best results.

UPDATE:
    1RP always costs 6 Gold when decomposing, item quality does not matter.
    Will write more on this later.

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    You know...I kinda like this game, its got style.

Also I don't hate the premium currencies as much as I normally might because there's no timer/energy on dungeon entry.

Definitely worth a buck so far.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #63 stubbieoz, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    While there is no timer/energy as such there is a mechanic that can slow you down, though minimally.

You are restricted to the amount of decomposing you can do to equipment at a time, restricting the amount of RP you can get to raise skills. What length of time and what amount of decomposing causes the restriction I haven't yet worked out.
    Perhaps a number cruncher amongst us (Nully?) #might look at that aspect of the game.

4. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Gotcha...I haven't gotten that far yet.

5. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    #65 Ryzaerian, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Edit: Nevermind, got her. xD

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Treasure Map II ?

Something else first:
    Does anyone know where I can find the "Treasure Map II"? I got all others up to X.

7. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    How is this working on iPhone X?

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This is a good game a bit like Diablo turn based.
    But I extremely hate it when it's only Internet on game. This sucks it's not about the 99 cents. If you want us to enable Internet to play the game and still charge us at least give us an option to play offline with limited function...
    ####

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not optimized, but works fine.

10. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    A Tip

Well, something interesting I found when using the Archer (i suspect this will work with the warrior, but not as well)

If you just tap (multiple times) anywhere on screen, the archer will 'intelligently' just shoot everything in range, monsters first, scenery second, no need to aim.

this makes the ore shooting mission a doddle, just stick yourself in the 'middle' of the ores and tap away and do the mission in 4 seconds with maybe just on minor position readjust.

maybe an obvious thing, but certainly make resource grinding quick

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    How long does it take to get to the point of being able to forge things? I have been getting all kinds of resources in dungeons but everything still says it needs resources.

Almost everything won’t allow it to be enhanced either.

12. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Any idea when will this going world wide ? i saw quite some people here including me didn't find anything on our store about this game and this dev

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The crafting system is complicated. You first have to craft materials at the mine, using the raw stuff you get in the dungeon. You may even have to craft even more finished materials from those. Take a look at the requirements at the blacksmith to figure out what you have to do.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #74 Nullzone, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Forging info

@Windwalk3r: Which country are you in? Looks to me like a slow worldwide release: Originally I only saw it in the Korean Appstore, took two days for it to show in the Netherlands.

@Anthony re Forging:
    For one, did you find the Miner Guild in town? I missed it for quite a bit, actually :) You need to scroll the town map up a bit, it's in the upper-left part.
    There, you can create all kinds of materials that you need to forge equipment.
    In addition, you can decompose things like recipes you already learned in the Magic Shop, resulting in colored powder that is used in Crafting there.
    Crafting at the Grey Guild seems to be the most worthless of all: Really expensive (10k Gold for a lvl15 blue item). Plus, even more importantly, you need to dismantle Skill Spinels to get the materials. And I need all of those I can find to improve my two Heroes' skills, no way I'm going to use them for an overpriced weapon that will be obsolete sooner or later anyways.
    And you can craft at the Blacksmith as well. But you need specific blue/purple items from boss monsters for that.

In general, you can check every recipe to see what you need. And in the recipe, you can tap the materials to see where you can get them.

What do I recommend to craft?
    An Amulet and two Rings at the Miner Guild. If you can afford it, craft two sets of the three, so you have one for each Hero. But currently (almost lvl15), I am just swapping them around as needed.
    Lvl 13 and above equipment is worth crafting, e.g. lvl 13 Blue Fighter Steel Plate Helm 290g + materials is good to replace my lvl 8 helm. Below that, as you can find and afford it; I wouldn't go material hunting e.g. for a lvl6 Purple armour, but if I happen to find them, I'll do it.

Enhancing Items:
    First, you need an item of same or better quality to enhance equipment. E.g. to improve a blue sword, you need to sacrifice another blue weapon or armour as material. It also costs Gold, and adds up quickly: Improving a "required level 10" Longbow+2 to +3 costs 854 Gold. And you have 7 slots to go through.
    Definitely not worth it early on, with one exception:
    If you get items that look like they will last some time (good Purple ones, or really good Blues), enhance them at least once: First Enhance is 100% success rate, second is 80%; third drops to 60% already, making it a waste of materials and Gold in my book. Enhance +1 costs ~150 Gold, Enhance +2 ~400-600g, Enhance +3 I've seen 600-900g so far.

However, note that you'll also need Gold for improving your skills, and for decomposing equipment for RP. I focused on decomposing and improving skills to level 6 first, and fared really well so far. While I could increase all my skills up to my Hero level (as far as I know), that is getting too expensive to keep it going smoothly; and, is not really needed yet: Level 6 are more than enough to make every normal battle a breeze.
    Until after you have at least your most-used skills up to level 6, I'd skip Enhancing almost completely. I reached that point at level 14, and will take a break from the storyquests for an equipment upgrade loop: I want to forge another set of Amulet and Rings, improve my equipment to the level 15 tier, and then upgrade that to +2.

15. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #75 stubbieoz, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    I really wish I could help you more, but I am pretty sure the treasure maps were just random drops received from doing the main quest line.
    You are probably aware that you can get more than one of each map?!
    I will keep an eye out for when I get my next one. It might jog my memory better.
    And thanks heaps for the writeup about crafting. # I was slowly getting to understand it but you made things a whole lot clearer.
    EDIT;- I just completed the Master of the Plunderes quest, where you defeat the Hob Golbin, using my archer and I got the Treasure Map II as a random drop from one of the enemies. #

And just as a side note. When I started the game today I got 20,000 gold and 10 crystals for logging on! A very nice surprise. It makes the pain of online all the time just a bit easier to swallow. #

And boy this game has hooked me in. I have even put my $30AUD game FFXVPE (which I really like) aside in favor of this $1.50 game.
    At first the combat was pretty underwhealming but as soon as you start fighting bosses and more areas open up to play in, your tactics become more involved.
    And I just got the archer so that requires a whole different approach to combat. #

If anyone is still on the fence about getting this game and you like turn based combat and loot heavy games, I highly recommend that this one will satisfy you. Just be aware that some grinding will be necessary, but it's fun combat so not that bad.
    Just try to ignore the online requirement and the iap's. #

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #76 Nullzone, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Always welcome ;)

And thanks for the Treasure Map II info on the Hobgoblin Boss in Master of Plunderers, will replay that one a few times, see what I get.

UPDATE: Got it on 3rd try, from a room chest on lvl 1.

17. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    #77 dbagga84, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    So just so you know the recipes from grey guild are to craft the special equipment (goblin, warmonger, troll, etc.) they have a different border. Also they don’t becom obsolete because once you find the blueprint they can eventually be made into lvl 30 orange gear. Oh and those skill spinels are so frickin common you can decompose as many as you want and you will still have more then what to do with. You only need lvl 5 skill spinels once. Per skill. And just 2. Then from lvl 6-10 you need nothing. Then 10-11 you need 2 lvl 10 skill spinels. 11-?? Nothing. Just RP and gold. So they aren’t that precious.

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Bro open us acc... Sinkies don't have yet

19. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    How do you kill that troll boss where you’re supposed to hit him from the sides and back...he keeps rotating to always face me.

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Had a great time in game today.
    Asked a couple of questions in the chat and was greated by some really nice people.
    Got some very helpful advice because there is a lot in the game that isn't explained.
    The Colusseum area was discussed but no one seems to know what it is for. Perhaps PVP, perhaps an endless dungeon, perhaps something that opens up after finishing all available quests?