Universal Rogue Hearts (by NINETAILS CO.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbagga84, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Ah well, if I can play up to level 15 that might take me a week. More than fine with me for a buck :D

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Agreed! It’s a dollar people not 10$ or 60$

3. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    You’ve missed the point.

Money isn’t the issue. I’ll gladly spend 10 or even 20 bucks on a good mobile game.

The issue is that you only get to play through about a fourth of the game before it is no longer possible to progress without spending a lot more cash. It’s by design.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t consider spending a buck on a game I can’t complete to be a wise or fair transaction. I like to actually finish games. I know, it’s nuts.

4. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Agreed!

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That’s a fair point — if true. Not to be skeptical, but I’ve heard people make similar claims for games that just have steep — but manageable —difficulty curve. I plan to keep playing, so time will tell.

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Or you just replay levels for the drops and eventually you’ll be lvld up higher then the base monsters and you’ll find better gear. You know any mmo requires years of grinding to get the best gear for end game. Now I know it’s not end game in this game but really what’s the difference? The game was a buck quit whining and either stop and delete the game and move on or go grind for gear in the most recent hardest levels. I mean shit I just found the legendary devestator axe from a regular chest . I don’t even buy gem chests. Besides since the games levels are level of your character based I can move on without beating the boss. There’s just no main story quests. But there’s still loot. But you can find and make the stuff you find designs for. Early game I found the goblin shield then used it and the design I found to make the epic goblin shield, now once I’m lvl 30 I can make the legendary one. If you have game suggestions email the developer with them. The game just came out here on iOS I’m sure they’d be happy to oblige. This game is worth the dollar even with its paywalls/grindwalls

7. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Nobody’s “whining,” angry wall of text guy. We use forums to give our impressions of games. That’s what they’re here for. Don’t tell us what we can or cannot express, or how to do it. Check your tone. Moving on.

Yes, paywalls usually have a grind alternative. As a general rule however, paid titles (yes, even a buck) aren’t so heavy on IAP. This one is. You beat the boss and get a mediocre chest, or IAP the good one. That’s a pretty greedy system. We don’t have to like it. I don’t.

The crafting system is also pretty subpar. I have all miner’s and blacksmith shops maxed for my current level, but don’t get much gear benefit out of them. So that’s not a viable option either.

When I see a paid title, my hope is that IAP won’t be a huge factor. In this game, it clearly is.

8. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    If the devs would have enough confidence in their game, they wouldn’t charge a buck but a descent price and if they don’t believe in their product, then why should I?

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    So my take-home from this is its worth a buck if I like freemium mechanics?

Hmm.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    You can actually ignore the freemium mechanics at least for the first two or three storylines, worked for me at least ;) Will see how far I get with that.

11. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    Opinions after about 8 hours play

OK, so the good news is this is a very nice addition to the RPG list of IOS games. If you like Warhammer Quest you are going to feel right at home.

Simple turn based combat, but after you first fight with a troll you will realise that tactics, timing and battle knowledge play a huge part.

Controls are easy, crafting is 'meh' and will need some improvement as it is a painful experience but not something that ruins the game

You can play as much as you like with no IAP, you seem to get fairly good drops, crafting and enhancing is there to improve skills and items.

The premium currency is there to get to the good weapons nice and fast, when you beat a proper boss, you get a choice of chests, one is a freebie or you can pay 10 gems to open the one with better chance of better weapons. Also the shops sell items for VAST amounts of the currency. However it should be noted that the premium currency is not very prolific. I think its safe to say that there is no major paywall that I have come accross.

For PVE content, i don't think this really matters though so for those of you who just want to pay your 0.99, you get a full game (from what I am seeing) with lots of atmospheric graphics, a large world, a story (cant comment fully on how good or bad) and a nice game worth trying.

You will get your 0.99 worth, so get it bought if you love turn based combat + rpg combined

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #52 stubbieoz, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    @McDeatyUK
    Thanks for a well thought out opinion of the game.
    It was what I needed to nudge me into buying it.

The arguement some people have of "...it's only a buck, just try it" is not a good one imho, as there are hundreds of games in the App Store that are only a buck. To try them all would be rather expensive.

When I see a positive review like yours and the worlds "if you love turn based combat + rpg combined" in it, thats when I'm going to open my wallet for that measly buck. #

13. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    No. The game is great. U can do everything without ever spending a dime. I've gotten three of the highest rarity equipment from regular chests. People complaining about paywall are exaggerating, sure u might have to grind a bit but nothing insane. The game is worth the dollar and then some.

14. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Lol :D

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Monetia Ruins Entrance - Imperial Guard boss

Just in case anyone runs into problems with those two:
    You really want the recommended "Howl of the Earth / Crushing Arrow Level 6": Being able to remove the Guards' protection makes the fight a lot easier.
    Then, you need AoE attacks: You have to kill both at the same time, or the survivor will revive the fallen at full health. Wear them down both to a sliver of health, then only throw AoEs at them to be sure you get both at once.

In other news, I agree with Adamphetamine: having fun so far, and almost no complaints ;)

16. Ancientmoon

Ancientmoon Active Member

Nov 18, 2016
    This game is still not available in Japanese App Store.

17. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    This game is still not available in Brazilian App Store.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you get RP? Loving the game so far as it has plenty of loot that changes your appearance too!

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Had the same question , then I stared poking around. Go to the blacksmith and decompose equipment you don’t need.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    My man! Thanks!