Universal Rogue Hearts (by NINETAILS CO.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbagga84, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #261 Nullzone, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Infodump on Torture Bosses

Kender, for Torture there are several videos on the game website/forum.

Other than that, I'm working on a Torture guide post already ;) Figuring things out as I go, but I think I have a pretty good, fast and easy (well, relatively :p) upgrade path worked out. Needs some polishing still, but I should be able to post the first part tonight.
    Nightmare will take me a good while longer, nowhere near there yet.

Ah, you know what, here's an infodump of my notes so far:

RH Torture Bosses

Troll, Monetia Mine:
    Do him first, he just needs patience, otherwise easy fight. Get 2x Daskarf Ring and one Amulet from him - ideally w/ Freeze Resist for Martan.
    5 Souls for Legendary Unleashed Gladiator's Kris.

Orc, Lost/Abandoned Mine:
    30 Souls for Legendary Daskarf's Dagger
    Bring Stun Defense 7/8

Martan, East Ruins:
    For Legendary "Arm Guard of Forgotten Savior", made from Epic Knight's Armguard of Mana Eruption.
    - "Regret and die": 1 range AoE, just keep 1 square distance
    - "Strong Ice Arrow": move a good bit away with Slide, I think it's a 5 range AoE with 1 square effect radius & lvl 7 Ice. If you stay too close, he'll fire up to 3. you need to keep him close to the far edges of the room, e.g. near the entrance. When he announces Ice Arrow, slide as far away as you can, then Sault even further away. He can fire up to 3 Ice Arrows, but when he has to move, he stops.
    - "Slow!": Slide skill, move out of his straight path
    - Glowing without talk: Somersault OR Barrage. Move away
    - "Can you avoid my arrows?": super-long range singleshot, didn't find a way to avoid it yet. Eat it or use Elven Blessing for damage res
    - His Turrets: Get him and a turret with Battlefocus and Barrage & Grenade. Currently, I need that combo to kill the turret, less doesn't cut it. Otherwise, keep distance, they do have limited range. They fire on your position on the turn they state "fire", turn directly after. move and you are good.
    - He can be stunned by Stun Level 7

Elvira, West Ruins:
    30 Souls for Daskarf's Leggings.
    Killing her chaff fully heals her --> Needs single-target attacks.
    Can be stunned by Stun Level 7

Dhelingh, Oathland:
    30 Souls for Daskarf's Boots.
    Couldn't beat him yet.

Ent Elder Weyot:
    30 Souls for Daskarf's Armour, also 5 for Legendary Chest Armour of Forgotten Saviour.
    Tough and drawn-out fight, can't win yet.

Khanhel, Gaia's Garden:
    30 Souls for Daskarf's Helm.
    Can be stunned by Stun Level 7. Overall easy kill.
    Needs Curse Resist 8 (Daskarf's Amulet)
    - After second charge he uses a 2 range AoE centered on himself.
    - Regular attacks you can just eat

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    You sir NullZone are an amazing man!!!

Much thanks as usual!

I pretty much only use Fighter...which could be a reason why I’m struggling as I have to use too many skills to try and get away from aoe. Maybe I’ll start leveling up Belrose skills more and see how I fair..

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    My pleasure ;)

I saw several people comment in the game chat that the warrior is extremely powerful in endgame/nightmare. But as I'm using Archer as my main, I cannot comment on that from direct experience. Getting there might very well be the hard part ;)

4. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I mean Warrior is pretty strong but I don’t have the proper HP items yet I guess. I saw that (can’t remember his name) had 25k HP with his full legendary set. I was like geez!!!

So i must suck cause I just can’t beat anyone else on Torture mode other than the Troll...I guess back to the drawing board and the grind

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Kender, how many HP do you have? With 6000+, a decent weapon, and Curse Res 8 from Daskarf's Amulet I can duke it out with Torture Khanhel.
    For the Warmonger you need Chains of Fate on level 20: same as for the Archer, it should make the fight a lot easier (or possible to win at all).
    In general, Torture pretty much requires that you have the skills in your set on level 20.

Depending on what you currently have, you might also need an equipment upgrade cycle. I didn't try that for the Warrior yet, upgrading skills and equipment for 2 at the same time is simply too expensive and time-consuming.

That said, if enough people ask for it, I can switch to Warrior and work something out for him too. After I got around to posting the stuff I already have, that is ;)

6. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    My equipment is now almost all epic finally! But I think that’s what it is. Omnislash is the only skill I have at lvl 20. Rest are between 13-16. I’ll focus on that now and am sure it’ll be easier. My go now after my last couple pieces I got is over 8k. Last time I tried mists of the other tortures I think I was at around 6k.

You don’t need to do a warrior guide bro. I’ll manage (;

Back to the grind

7. phreaky

phreaky Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Mines around 21k Hp with high def

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #268 Nullzone, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    [GUIDE] Upgrade Path to Epic & Legendary - Archer on Torture

Several people asked for info on how to best proceed from Purple equipment to Epic and then Legendary, so here are my current thoughts on it.
    Some general info applies to both classes. But most of it will be specific to the Archer, as that's my current main.

General thoughts:
    In general, I wouldn't bother with farming for Epic/Legendary items before hitting level 30 and completing the storyline.
    However, there is some stuff in between that's fairly easy to get, like the Imperial items, Wraith stuff, and Kobold/Knight/Ancient Warrior. If you plan to farm for something before level 30, check how long it takes you to clear a stage if it's actually worth it already. Particularly the Kobold and Slime in Gaia's Garden can be done pretty fast even without a bunch of Epic equipment, and drop good items.
    Vegetation from the Ent and Gladiator from Grand Wall has a rather low drop rate, so best save those for later or skip them entirely.

Also, whenever you happen to get a good boss item drop, and/or enough materials to craft something, check if it's an upgrade to what you currently have.
    Save any Epics and Legendaries you get but don't use: they come in handy for enhancing the ones you do.

Next, to make this easier, you will need quite a few skills on level 20, mostly for Torture bossfights. Getting there requires a lot of Gold and RP, making this an excellent opportunity to gear up. Don't just go around farming stages willy-nilly. I find it much better to decide which piece I want next, and then run through those stages while collecting Gold on the side.

Oathland is a good place to get good Gold, metals, and equipment, and rather quickly to boot.
    But pay attention to the stages, depending on if you play Warrior or Archer: the three Wraith bosses drop mostly Wraith equipment and recipes for the Warrior, the other stages drop mostly Wraith and somtimes Intent (which you need for the Archer).
    UPDATE: Intent is *insanely* hard to get, even rarer than Gladiator stuff. I recommend to just ignore it if you play Archer.

The two Wolf stages in Witherless Forest are pretty fast to farm too. Personally, I prefer the second one (Full Moon), as it's faster to complete. Note though that on average you'll get less Gold and materials (namely almost no metals) here than in Oathland.
    Speedfarming the Kobold and/or Slime in Gaia's Garden is another option: Again, less Gold and materials than in Oathland, but on the plus side an abundance of Kobold and Knight items. The latter have some particulary nice stuff for the Archer, more on that later.
    If you want Gladiator stuff, I find the Kanso fight way faster and easier than Selfi&Selma, once you can duke it out with him toe-to-toe. Gives quite a lot of Gold too, but again less in materials. On the other hand Selfi&Selma give ~80k xp per fight, afaik the fastest route to level 30.

Focus on upgrading your weapons first. More damage - and ideally a good extra ability or two - makes quite a difference. When you have settled on a weapon you'll use for a while, enhance it to level 5 - it's worth it. Higher than 5 only has a 10% success chance, I recommend to not do that with anything before Legendary tier 2.

And a word on recipe farming:
    If you can easily beat the Torture boss for the area you want recipes from (e.g. Khanhel for Ancient Warrior/Archer), it's an excellent choice for getting them: You get Souls for upgrades and Daskarf's items, usually a good amount of Gold, and - at least I think so - a higher chance for Epic/Legendary recipes to drop.

And finally, without any further ado, on to the weapons and armour.
    Bows:
    Below Legendary it really doesn't matter much what you use. Longbows do more damage, they usually come with an extra damage bonus Shortbows don't have. Those get a to-hit bonus instead.
    The Gladiator's Longbow is best in terms of raw damage, so if you can get your hands on one count yourself lucky.
    All the Legendary bow recipes I have so far require either Nightmare Souls or Torture Grand Wall + Destroyers, which I am not able to get yet, as they require defeating Torture Bhalror.

Daggers:
    The Kobold's Dagger from Gaia's Garden is a great choice for a first upgrade, especially if you need more damage to win other fights either at all or more easily. It only needs 5 Torture Troll Souls to get it up to Legendary, very easy to do.
    If you can beat the Witherless Garden Wolves easily, I recommend to go straight for the Hunting Knife of Moonlight instead: it increases HP, regular and critical damage by 2-3% instead of a fixed number - this has a greater effect in the long run. And again, it only needs 5 T.Troll Souls to craft the Legendary.
    Daskarf's Dagger can turn out even better, depending on what abilities you get on it. It requires 30 Torture Orc Chieftain (Warmonger) Souls to craft, relatively easy to get once you have Temptation/Fatechains on level 20.
    Update: I forgot one Dagger earlier, the Imperial Guard Tuck. It's worth mentioning, as it's easy to get, and has pretty decent stats: +2% damage, 20% chance for -1 turn Barrage cooldown. The first Legendary versions requires 5 Monetia Mine Troll Souls as usual. For the second Legendary upgrade, Tuck of Solemn Oath, you need 8 Nightmare Souls as usual for that tier.

Rings and Amulet:
    Once you feel up to it, give the Torture Troll a shot. If you can beat him reliably and ideally fast, keep going at him:
    He drops Daskarf's Ring and Amulet, and also gives you the Souls for crafting them if you get unlucky with the drops. In addition, all Epic/Legendary Daggers require Troll Souls, so you'll want some for that too. Try to get a Daskarf's Amulet with Freeze Resistance, as Torture Martan should be next on your list.

Helm:
    I'm currently running with an Epic Burnished Hat of Ancient Archer, mostly for the high increase in critchance - the highest on all helmets.
    Even Daskarf's Helm has lower +critchance, and requires 30 Torture Khanhel Souls to craft.
    Got the first Legendary version, Ancient Keeper's Hat. +Critchance almost doubled to +418, +HP upgraded to 5% from a fixed value, as did +critdamage to a 12-15% plus. The recipe cost me 12k Gold, crafting the Helm cost 5379 Gold and 5 Blue Torture Khanhel Souls.
    The second Legendary upgrade, Spirit Keeper's Hat, needs Nightmare Souls.

Body Armour:
    All my Legendary versions require Souls I cannot get yet, so I am still at Epic. However, the Burnished Chest Armour of the Ancient Archer is a pretty solid choice already, with +critchance, +critdamage, +HP. Upgrading it to Legendary needs 5 Torture Ent Souls, which I can beat by now - but it's a long and tedious fight.
    A good alternative is the Epic Knight's Chest Armour of Mana Eruption. No +crit, but higher +HP, good +defense and a 8% chance for ~20HP +Regeneration. Its first Legendary upgrade - Chest Armour of Forgotten Saviour - also costs 5 T.Ent Souls.
    Daskarf's Armour costs 30 Torture Ent Souls to craft, and can turn out really good or really bad, depending purely on luck. Too much of an investment for a casual upgrade in my opinion, more for the completionist.

Gauntlets:
    I went with the Knight version (Forgotten -> Radiant Saviour), as it has pretty good stats and is easy to get and upgrade. And because I don't have any other Legendary recipes for the Archer yet. It needs 5 Torture Martan Souls for the upgrade. And I just got the second Legendary upgrade - Arm Guard of Radiant Saviour. The recipe cost me a whopping 50 powders and 17k Gold, and needs Nightmare Souls to craft.
    The Ancient Archer one looks like it might be better, will report back when I have the recipes.
    UPDATE: No to the above, Knight line Gauntlets are the best around, hands down. You *might* get something better in Daskarf/Northern Heart equipment, but don't count on it as it requires either some very lucky rolls on the random abilities and/or a huge amount of farming. Just take the Knight Gauntlets, really.

Legs:
    Can't say much here yet, as I have almost no Epic/Legendary recipes for my Archer yet. And what I have is inferior to the non-boss Epic item I am currently using: +5% HP +109 to-hit; especially for the +HP I didn't find a good boss alternative yet.
    Daskarf's Leggings need 30 Torture Elvira Souls, and I can't win that on yet: this fight is quite difficult for me, as the Archer doesn't have that many single-target skills, and Elvira fully heals everytime you kill one of her minions.

Boots:
    Daskarf's Boots, hands down, IF they come with good abilities. I got one with +3% damage, +4% damage reduction, HP+11% - great stuff.
    Otherwise, my recommendation are the Legendary Shoes of the Forgotten Saviour, from the Knight line: the Epic version is easy to get, and has quite good stats already. For Legendary, you need 5 Torture Delingh Souls; it'll be a bit till you can beat him, but no need to rush this piece.

9. phreaky

phreaky Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Uve gotten a freeze one? I keep getting stun and curse ones :(

10. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Mine was curse as well #

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I *think* what you see in the preview is what you actually get when you craft the item, but not 100% sure. Could have been coincidence.
    So, if you see e.g. Curse but want Freeze resistance, keep hitting preview until you see what you need, then craft.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Game guide thread available

Finally got around to doing a separate game guide thread, here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=317712

Please do not post there, as I want to keep that thread clean and limited to info posts only.
    If you have any questions, suggestions, corrections andsoforth, please post them here instead.

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thank you very much for putting all your posts into one easy to find thread Null. #
    You have posted so much useful info here that I was hoping either you or someone would clump it all together to save having to search through 28 past pages.
    It is quite surprising to find a game with so much depth and stuff hidden under the covers like this game, especially on mobile.
    I'm still slowly making my way though it. Almost at lvl 23 lol (I think I lost two full days trying to do those friggin lazer switches until someone reminded me about your sliding skills...doh).

I'm really looking forward to getting to lvl 30 and all that end game stuff. #

14. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    You are amazing NullZone!!

You make this game so much better #

15. damowilk

damowilk Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Anyone able to offer help on the troll torture level? With the archer preferably. I’m tearing my hair out trying to get the right sequence. I’ve watched the videos available, but I can’t figure out how to trigger the 2 rushes in a row to stun itself, it just keeps doing the jump with a 3 square radius, 2 of those and I’m dead. I’m level 30, with a few skills to 20. Thanks.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #276 Nullzone, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    [Boss Fight] Monetia Mine: Troll, Normal and Torture

@Damo:
    I saw that others answered the question in the game chat already, so this is more for posterity:
    Stay close to a wall, so if he charges he ends up banging into it. Also, always keep at least 2 squares between you and him, so you don't get hit by the AoE jump.
    As far as I can tell, there is no pattern to whether he uses Jump or Charge. Be patient and wait for the charge, it will come around sooner or later. The most I've seen so far is 3 Jumps in a row, then he charged.

17. damowilk

damowilk Member

Apr 27, 2013
    #277 damowilk, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Thanks Nullzone, I think I’ve nailed it (and him) now. Again for posterity (am I alone in hearing this word in the voice of the six fingered swordsman:D ), I would just add that having slide and somersault gives more room for manoeuvre, and when he finally stuns himself, pre-place yourself with 2 squares between you for when he ground slams immediately on waking. I still mess up at least once per fight and get caught by slam.

18. phreaky

phreaky Member

Mar 7, 2018
    https://youtu.be/lCExOKrkCig

20 sec t. Dragon fight for ya null zone. Same principle for troll.max I've hit on troll is 120k-ish with slash, the screenshot is on the official forum

19. phreaky

phreaky Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Torture troll

3 crits on torture troll

Attached Files:

20. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    #280 Havelcek, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Noob QOTD - all of the yellow crafted items require a blue version of the same piece - are those also craftable or do you have to get lucky on a drop?

And secondly, how the FFFF do you do the switch room on Gaia Faithful Friends 2/2? The one with 4 switches on each side of the room? I can't come anywhere's near finishing it in the 50 steps.