Universal Rogue Hearts (by NINETAILS CO.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbagga84, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #181 Nullzone, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    @Kender: I am around a bit now and then, yes ;)

@Kineticblur: No idea about the countries where it's not available. Your best bet would be to contact the developer and ask.

@Crayonwarrior: I don't see an option for that, so I assume you need to create a new account if you switch servers.

@stubbieoz: The instances where you have to play with the Archer or Warrior and can't choose aren't that many. Once you get past those, you can choose again. I hit level 30 yesterday and just killed my first Torture difficulty Troll. And I'm playing only the Archer for quite a while now.
    Will definitely buy more gems too, to support the devs and a great game.

As for the metacritic review: Just read it. Well, let's say everyone is entitled to their opinion, and leave it at that ;)

p.s. I got another big bunch of notes piled up. If I don't get around to structuring them a bit today, I'll just drop them as another infodump for now.

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So all the keys I’ve been collecting since he beginning are just to sit in my inventory until I’m level 30? Just making sure. I will say that I “tested” myself back at level 10 and walked into a torture dungeon and got one shot by the boss haha I quick said to myself “ummm...maybe I shouldn’t be here”

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #183 Nullzone, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Yep, save those for later. I barely managed to beat the Torture Troll when I reached level 30, and the Warmonger really kicked my behind :p
    I'm sitting on at least 200 keys by now. Think I'll give the Troll another try, as I have more trouble defeating Selma & Selfi (1st stage Grand Wall) on normal, and I find the next stage boss fight against the bomb guy rather annoying.

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #184 Nullzone, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    [GUIDE] Crafting Epic Ornament Items, and Farming

In general, having enough Gray Souls to craft items is the deciding factor for me.

So my current strategy is to replay the fastest Stage of an Area to collect Souls, heading straight to the Boss and avoiding sidetracks like non-essential rooms or resource farming. This way, I also get more than enough loot; especially the Recipes and Ornament Items to craft them. Plus, enough Recipe & Item duplicates that I can occasionally craft something I want but didn't find yet.

UPDATE: Forgot to add to the above that when replaying e.g the "Full Moon" stage (others are set up like this too), it's worth it to explore the side rooms on the way to the boss as well (but not to go out of your way to tackle them all):
    About half contain treasure chests and no monsters. If you get a fight instead, just skip it. And the stage is small enough that you don't need to take lengthy detours.

I spent quite some time experimenting, so most likely you can do this a lot faster than me. E.g. it's not necessary to have a full set of e.g. Epic Kobold equipment to tackle/farm the Wolves in Gaia's Garden. A good weapon and good skills should be enough. So a lot of times you can skip several equipment "tiers".

I first did the Kobold in Gaia's Garden's "Faithful Friends" Stage, best place to speedfarm there, to get one of the Kobold Bows for Belrose. Aim straight for the Epic one. If by the time you got enough Souls to craft it did not find a Blue/Purple Kobold bow, you should have enough Recipe Powder from dismantling duplicate recipes to craft the recipe in the Magic Store. If you can, go for the Longbow.

The next upgrade on the list was the Epic "Fright Wolf's Longbow". Material for that I farmed in Stage 2 "The Place Where the Full Moon Stays" of Gaia's Garden. I found it faster than the first Stage, because the 2 wolves the boss summons are very easy to kill - much easier fight than with the duplicate boss in Stage 1.

I think it's possible to skip the Kobold Bow step and go straight for the Wolf Bow. Give it a try: if you can reliably win Gaia's Garden Stage 2, by all means get the Wolf Bow.

Next equipment "tier" is the Gladiator stuff from the Grand Wall. However, Selfi & Selma just kicked my butt six ways to Sunday :p And I can't recall how I won the fight the first time. The bomb boss in Stage 2 is easier, but I found that to be such an annoying and drawn-out fight that I don't want to farm him. Will give it another try if I can't speed things up a bit.

Also note that:
    - The chance to get Gold Recipes seems to either depend on level, or increases when you got all the Purple Recipes from that area already.
    - The Kobold boss also sometimes drops Knight stuff.
    - The Werewolf boss rarely drops Vegetation stuff, which is for the Ent/Vegetation line of armour.
    - The first half of an area gives you weapon stuff (e.g. Wolf), the second armour (e.g. Vegetation). Upgrading your weapon first is the way to go, methinks.
    - I don't enhance Epic items yet. While I do have maybe 10 disposable Epics stored away, I don't want to waste them on an item I will replace later.
    - Enhancing Blues & Purples you'll use for a while to level 2 is fine: you find so many surplus blue/purple items that it's not a big deal to use some as materials.
    - Unless you are going for a specific item as fast as possible (as mentioned above), I recommend to only dismantle ornament items when you have duplicates. No need for 3 Kobold Shortbows, for example; one is enough. UPDATE: don't dismantle them, unless you really need material for a specific item. Better to keep and upgrade them to Epic/Legendary later (quite time-consuming though) to use them as material for enhancing Epics/Legendaries you want to use for longer.
    UPDATE: Unless you are really fast with going from Epic to Legendary, it's perfectly fine to burn some surplus Epics to get important items like your weapon at least to +1. However, in hindsight I think it's better to not go overboard and upgrade everything to 3+. A great Epic weapon is the only one I suggest to make an exception for: most likely you'll be using it until you get a Destroyer weapon, and the damage bonus for a +5 weapon helps a lot with getting there.

And here's a list of what type of stuff you get where:
    Monetia Mine: Goblin, Troll
    Lost Mine: Warmonger
    Forgotten Ruins: Imperial Soldier. I think they are exclusive (or more common) to the East Ruins, but need to verify still.
    Land of Oath: Wraith & Shade(Intent). Wraith you only get from the 3 stages with Wraith bosses, the others give Intent.
    Gaia's Garden: Knight & Ancient Warrior. Kobold on Stages 1-3, too.
    Witherless Forest: Wolf, Vegetation
    Grand Wall: Gladiator

Both Vegetation and Gladiator are extremely rare drops for their items. Recipes are uncommon/rare. If you want any of those, prepare for a very long haul. Also, at least for the Archer, there are items on par or better that are a lot easier to get.

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #185 stubbieoz, Mar 5, 2018
    Thank you so much for the effort you are putting into all the info you are posting Null. #
    While I am still a ways off from level 30 (19) it is gratifying to know that the end game seems to have heaps of content.
    All this stuff you are posting (and have posted) is helping me understand the game so much more than I would have otherwise.

aka. BeerMug #

ps. Grats on getting into the top ten. #

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #186 Nullzone, Mar 5, 2018
    My pleasure :)

I do like writing these kind of guides, too bad I don't have more time for it (I got a ton of stuff for WHQ2 I need to polish before posting :p) . If I find the time to do it up to my standards, I'll do a proper guide thread.

If you - or anyone else for that matter - have any specific questions, just ask away.

Also, huh? Top 10? Checking.

7. Setlist

Setlist Member

Nov 30, 2012
    #187 Setlist, Mar 5, 2018
    About to dive into this game based on all the discussion here. But seeing as the "can I change servers?" answer appears to be "no", what server should I start on to be in line with the TA community?

Cheers

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The American one.

9. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Thx!

10. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Is there a set bonus for a full set of equipment?
    Just curious

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @dbagga: I saw you mention that in chat. Where do you farm "a buttload of Titanium"?

@kender: I don't know. It's not mentioned anywhere, so my guess is no.

12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    What is the maximum number of skills each character has?

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    14 for the Warrior, 16 for the Archer.

14. phreaky

phreaky Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Kansu?

Any tips on Kansu? Stun and move immune sucks :(

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    For the Archer or Warrior? And what level are you? He might be quite hard when you fight him the first time, depending on your level, equipment and skills. But at level 30 he's a breeze - but still takes me some time to defeat.

16. AMyth

AMyth New Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Any tips on farming for diamond ore? All I can think of is running east of forget ruins over and over until I get some....:(

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hello and welcome to TA!
    Not yet. When I find something, I'll post it here.

18. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Hey anyone know the tips behind beating the konold and slime in the ancient garden? The both have shields and I managed to get one of them down to half life before dying. Figured there’s an easier way other than hitting with shields up lol. One loses its shield for one turn after proc’ing a huge AOE.

Thanks!

19. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    AVMyth just keep finding the Diamond Mine scrolls. I farmed the Lost Souls or the undead levels quite a bit and racked up a bunch of those. Might be a little arduous though and could be a better way later on. I’m only in the Garden and level 22 as of now

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    re Kobold and Slime fight

@kender: that one's pretty easy actually ;)
    Once you have the Kobold's shield down and he starts charging up, maneuver in such a way that the Kobold is between you and the Slime when the Slime charges in a straight line. He then hits the Kobold and not you, doing a f***ton of damage.