iPad Rock'n'Roll

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SydneyS, Dec 3, 2008.

1. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I can't seem to find Rock'n'Roll in the US stores.
    Is it just me or was there a reason that I did not hear about?
    Please let me know! :)

2. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
    Only Christmas Rock'n'Roll in UK store????

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I can't see it in the app store either, so you're not the only one. :p

The game is nice, but it really isn't fun after you've played the first few levels. You're really not missing much in my opinion.

4. SydneyS

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I own the game and love the game. I've beaten it twice.
    I forget why I was searching for it actually.
    If anyone knows why, please let me know!

5. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Rock'n'Roll is in the Aussie iTunes store

Rock'n'Roll is still in the Aussie iTunes store.

Sorry, I don't know how to link to apps!

Search by rock'n'roll (not rocknroll).

The lite version is no longer there, but the free Christmas version is.

I enjoy Rock'n'Roll. I like the quirky humour. I like the fast nature of the game, all the different characters and the mixture of different items in the game (the arrow "blocks" that move you really fast, the "mud patches" that slow you down, the "blocks" that you break through and the different mazes that make up each level).

6. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Ha! Good riddance, they should do away with all the Papi junk. It was fun at first but now it's just getting dull...

7. SydneyS

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    rock'n'roll is not papi...

8. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Very dull...

9. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Ooops! Should've been more clear about that. What I meant was that they should ALSO remove all Papi-related crap...

10. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Pleased to say Rock'n'Roll plus updates will be back on the app store soon - we are going to run a short 50% off promotion so you'll be able to get it for $0.99 or 59p.

All Star Darts will also be at the same price for a short time. It will have updates in the next week or so as well.

@Everydaynormalguy - surprised you don't like Papi - ok the production values aren't amazing but its still one of the few games I still play weeks after downloading. Personally I think there are FAR worse titles worthy of your App Store purge than Papi or RnR!

11. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I agree, the Papi games are some of my favorite free/99cent games. PapiJump+ has very high replay value :D

12. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #12 BrettArchibald, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
    Just ignore him... most people here do. :rolleyes:

Rock 'n' Roll rocks! Regardless of whether an individual likes that particular type of game or not, there's no denying it's a damn fine quality game!

13. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    It's not like I HATE Papi-related merchandise or anything. I just find it repetitive and dull. In fact my exact words were "fun at first but now it's getting dull..." And yes, there are worse apps out there but Papi[insert suffix here] and RnR deserve special recognition. "Best of the Worst" perhaps?

14. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    There's something I never expected to read...

I think Papi Cave and Papi Jump Plus have good replay value.

On topic: Is this christmas Rock'n'roll the same as the original but with a christmas touch?

15. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #15 snow_mani, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    It's been a while since I played the original Rock'n'Roll game. From memory the Christmas version is not just a copy of the original with a Christmas theme. I believe it has a new story line, new music, new backgrounds, new mazes and new Christmas themed "baddies" and items. For example there are still "blocks" that you break but in the Christmas version they are Christmas baubles that you break. Bombs are now Christmas crackers. Frogs are Christmas candles. There are also Christmas puddings, snowmen with hats that thump you, etc. The gameplay is still the same controls (touch or tilt). If you liked the original Rock'n'Roll then you will like the Christmas version. If you haven't played Rock'n'Roll before then check out the free Christmas version. It's lots of fun and comes with a quirky sense of humour sprinkled throughout. If you didn't like the original Rock'n'Roll then still check it out as the instructions have been clarified and the touch controls are now the default method of playing.

16. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Rock'n'Roll and Papi "best of the worst"? Do we get some sort of award for that?!!!?? Would be kind of cool!

Anyway I think Snow_Mani has summarized the Christmas version perfectly - it is a whole new Rock'n'Roll adventure for free. If you like the Christmas version and want more now is the best time to buy with Rock'n'Roll on sale.

Both of the Rock'n'Roll games have been updated with some tweaks to control and game-play so hopefully even those that didn't 'get' the original configeration will find it easy to play.

We have noticed that reviews have become more positive for the game of late and I wonder if thats because players aren't going from playing Dizzy Bee to RnR? It seems to me that folk expect the games to play/control the same because they looked similar and were set in mazes? Now that Dizzy Bee is a bit older RnR is being judged in its own right.

Cheers
    P

PS A bit of exclusive news for forum readers - our next iPhone game release will be All Stars Quarterback which will release before Christmas. It's a casual sports title set in the parking lot behind the All Stars Sports bar and grill. So if you want to play 'parking lot ball' with your mates and then watch monday football at the bar it's going to be right up your street! More details early next week.

17. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^^ Thou shalt know better than to pick a fight with EDNG. Also, don't compare DizzyBee's controls/gameplay with RnR's...