Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Great game but the length of it has been overstated. There are no hour long levels. My total time for all levels the first time through was 1 hour 23 minutes. It was really probably a little over an hour and a half because you can pick up bonuses that stop the clock for ten seconds. No level took longer than 20 minutes. It's not like I was doing a speed run or anything. For those interested in comparing their time, the classic flash level took me 17 minutes.

That said, this was easily worth the dollar, and I tend to be an appstore cheapskate. It looks great upscaled on the iPad. Level design is excellent. I personally am not interested in speed runs, but I am anxious to play the user made levels.

2. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Also, if the dev reads this, there is a problem with controls customization. You can move the left/right buttons, but the game still plays as if those buttons were never adjusted. This is a problem on the ipad because the thumb has to reach pretty far to push the right button.

Adjusting the position of the other buttons seems to work correctly.

Excellent game.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hey is .99 cents the permanent price?

4. VelvetKevorkian

VelvetKevorkian Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011

Bought!

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Im already making a level, its so rewarding to play yor own level and seeing its good and fun to play

6. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Great game but it does need some kind of map

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh yeah a map is a great idea. I second that

8. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I third that? ;)

9. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    To Raptisoft: Can you make the background of the logo in white colour? Right now seems really dark to me! :p

10. Lance_TA

Mar 12, 2011
    Good point. I think the icon is terrible, the robots kicks ass, it would make a much better icon. And i have an idea: Sitting on a chair with the cat on his lap, caressing the cat and smiling????. IMO

11. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Lol! Nice idea, but does this robot even have a lap?:)

12. Lance_TA

Mar 12, 2011
    Well, now that i think of it, no it doesnt have a lap. So on his thighs???

13. Drakeer Melkhor

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Cool idea, with white background! :p

14. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Finished it in a day and had great fun doing so. Controls are excellent and the levels are challenging without being punishing. Not sure how I feel about a map function being added but I did do a fair amount of backtracking simply because the layouts are fairly similiar and plain looking. Perhaps putting more landmark type things in the level would alleviate the need for the map. Looking forward to either additional levels by the developer or individuals but if my initial experience with the editor is any indicator putting levels together will be challenging on the iphone.

15. syntory

syntory Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Honestly probably one of the best surprises to hit the app store, a few suggestions though: show which levels are in progress with a little indicator, a map function, and different backdrops for the level editor would be really nice too such as a grassy plain or the sky for examples so that it wouldn't just be limited to the metallic backdrop.

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I second ALL you wrote

17. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

FYI: Update with map, pinch-zoom, and a few other tweaks coming soon... we're not going to hold that one out while we try to get the level sharing server up and running. Hopefully will be submitted very early next week.

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nice! Can't wait! :)

19. Drakeer Melkhor

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    we <3 you

20. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Great to see the updates coming. Thank you. Level sharing is the big win for us...but the updates you listed above sound good too. Will the map show the level or "where you've been"?

Please be careful to test that the update doesn't delete our home-made levels! I've spent a while on mine and don't want to lose it! :)