Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. cdm5456

cdm5456 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    It has a funny name.

2. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    #102 ysr., Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    I put up a spolier-free video showing a quick playthrough of the level without ruining too much as there are a few ways to complete the level

thanks for adding the editor, having a lot of fun wasting time in it :)

3. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    League of Evil all the way. It's way better for quick on the go gameplay, and it's just much more fun and charming in my opinion.

4. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    #104 ysr., Mar 21, 2011
    it can also be quite frustrating and repetitive, not that i dont enjoy it on occasion. It is better in short bursts but not really on the go, less so than this since your inputs have to be even more precise in LoE. Although hopefully with the ability to share levels, we won't just have hench long levels to play (although they are pretty satisfying to complete)..the gameplay mechanics work well for more action/less puzzle solving levels too

I agree that visually this game can do with a bit of sparkle just to give it the A+

5. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Read through this thread and decided to give it a go.

Very nice game - full of charm. Nice one :D

QS :D

6. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    It depends on what you want really. LoE for quick bursts. RwK for longer levels. They both have flash versions to try to.

7. zrgrvsh

zrgrvsh Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Studend
    Germany
    Great game, played 3 levels yesterday, novice in 14, expert in 51 and short & bossy in 40 minutes :D But time really flew by while playing, never would have thought that i played 51 minutes on the expert level...

And i have a suggestion for the update. The mapeditor seems great, and it would be really cool if you could play other levels from the web, as in Isotope for example. You would have to make a link with an url like "robotwantskitty://open/http://link.to.level" and if you click it, the game starts, downloads the level and you can play. That would be really awesome.
    I always find it a bit of a pain to find good levels via in-game-level-browsers (labyrinth, little big planet, trials hd or whatever), but if you could just link to good levels in this forum for example, it would be much easier.

8. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Agree with the above hotlink to play level idea. It's what this site was born for. The level editor is what will make this game great. I've spent well over 4 hours making one level, this is someone who couldn't get into creating little big planet levels. Making a fun level in this is so organic: I find myself integrating game elements in the most suprising of ways. having so much control over the design is great and the way you start out with no abilities finding creative ways to interact with the gameplay and adding puzzle elements blows my mind. Then scaling it all up as you add more abilities tying it all up into a neat bow is so neat. Reminded me of making up Bangai o' spirits levels. Excellent stuff. Also posted my 5 star review on iTunes. Update update update...

9. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
  10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I think good level sharing is what they do in the game Robozzle (find it online or in the AppStore, awesome puzzler) - each level is rated for fun and for difficulty on a scale of 1-5. You can even post a comment as well. It works really well.

11. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    For any of you guys who can't decide whether to buy it, read through this thread. It's only 12 pages long and would probably not take you more than 10 minutes.

12. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #112 GiHubb, Mar 21, 2011
    I decided to take the plunge and download RwK and I have to say: Raptisoft does it again!! A real triumph of a platformer. I loved League of Evil for it's precise controls and spot on mechanics and I'm happy to report this game is just as solid. Moving and jumping just feels right. The only thing I would add is a map screen that shows where you are as running around on the larger levels could get tedious. And if the map displays only the areas you've been to, it isn't cheating.

As for level sharing, I do hope it's implemented soon as my "sources" tell me Raptisoft is currently concentrating on Solomon's Keep version 3.5. I also hope they take my suggestion to allow users to rate a submitted level with 2 grades: one for overall fun and another for difficulty. Allowing user submitted comments for each level could also be great and of course to allow us to sort these levels according to averages on each score.

In any case, a fantastic new game. I do hope it sells well as currently the lack of reviews online hints that the game is being ignored by most popular sites and the word won't reach the public. I'm hoping that as the game was released just a few days ago is the reason for this.

13. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Just thought that you ahold all know that game centre and level sharing is going to be in the first update.

Also:
    Novice level: 5:40!

14. orwell

orwell Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Greate

Well polished and fun to play , i stell prefer commander keen but this is as close as i could get , just saying..

15. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Great job Raptisoft, this game is so much fun and with the addition of the ability to share created levels this is really going to be a game that keeps on going. You guys make some of the best apps there are!! 5* review on itunes for you. I hope this game is successful as I look forward to more updates. I have only beat novice, expert and short and bossy but can't wait to play more. By the way my novice time was 4'18". :D

16. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Gave 5 stars on NZ App store and at start of this thread :)

17. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Game looks great! Read a lot of good things about Raptisoft and this game in TA members reviews.

Imma def buy it, hmmmm ... well ... im on the app store pushing the BUY button ^^

18. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Front page!

19. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    Just noticed it, good review!

If someone can't wait to try new levels, check out the previous page - need a jailbroken device though..

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You actually paid the full 0.99 for this game? im impressed