Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    Omg there is an editor? :eek:

Just found it today, and I do not really like the controls all together, but I'll get used to it.

2. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Kitty connect

YOU CAN ALSO TRY A FLASH VERSION BEFORE YOU BUY

3. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    #83 ysr., Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    Awesome game fantastic gameplay and item+ability mechanics. always appreciate being able to customize controls. Levels are damn long! Makes them all the more satisfying i have to say. Although only tried flash (classic), novice and the beginning of expert i cant wait to try some user levels and maybe have a go of my own.

How are people finding the level editor? I thought it was 'coming soon' like it says on the level select icon

+Is resizing button sizes too much to ask ? :) - I don't use the vertical jump too often...was it done on purpose that you cant do the vertical boost after single/double jumping?

I love how you can just whizz around the map with the horizontal boost, once you've cleared enemies and know your route.

Health meter for bosses might be jazzy

Also the cat is kinda boring :p

4. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    They didn't teach you how to use the level editor so I didn't experiment with it . But yeah , I think it'd be awesome .

edit : Whizzing around is indeed awesome except when you "clank!" into a wall and fall into acid / poison .

I don't think a health meter is required because the bosses go down really easily with the annihilation thingy where you shoot lasers w/o much delay .

5. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Playing with the level editor is like a game in itself. I've only just started, but my first custom-made level is a couple of minutes long already and growing. You'll be able to play it one day! And we can discuss which levels are fun, in this thread.

Idea for the Dev: It would be awesome if a future update included the ability to add some text to the levels via the level editor. I would love to write notes, directions or hints for the gamer, or to tell a story as the level progresses. Some text would really allow people to personalize their levels beyond the available objects. What do you think?

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I'm enjoying experimenting with the game objects. Still need to investigate the teleportation / crystal objects to see how they work.

And there's some boxes with clockwise and anti-clockwise arrows that I haven't tried yet.

Anyone played with these?

7. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    #87 ysr., Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    @STYJ ok awesome thank you. one problem, you are supposed to tap the robot if want to quit...but if he is falling forever its not really possible :p (Talking about the editor here) at least it saves the level!

+1 for adding text for players in the editor too

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    This happened to me too. He stops falling eventually. Maybe I pressed a control key to make that happen, or maybe I didn't. Not sure.

I started my level design by drawing a long "floor" to catch all.

9. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    I'm just being very lazy here >.> I tried painting my blocks with the lava thingy and i tested it and died xD

Anyway, I'll complete the normal stages first before starting to build my own level .

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    These levels take FOREVER! (in a good way). It took me an hour and three minutes to beat the Expert Level!:eek: Now I'm scared of how long its gonna take to beat the Master level. :D

11. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Phew ! I thought I did something wrong when it took me more than 15 minutes to get half way through normal . I gave up eventually cause I died way too many times .

12. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    #92 ysr., Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Anyone figure out how to use also the unlockable pathways with the sadface/happy face computers - the green box is the ability...but not sure which are the pathway blocks

13. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Wow this is out! I played the flash version and it's definitely one of the best!

14. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    #94 ysr., Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    I've uploaded my level that i found here:

//var/mobile/Applications/*robot wants kitty folder*/Documents/EXTRALEVELS

move this file in the folder - load it in the editor and give it a test

(file size is 8KB. its a .kitty file)

[I used ifunbox, can use ssh. requires jailbreak.]

let me know what u think and share yours if you can!

Ive tested it out a number of times, shouldnt take more than 10 minutes at the most, can be done in under 2 if skilled! quite a fun level and not complex, jumping mixed in with dodging + whizzing, some bonuses with adventurous routes

Also the teleport works using one of the rotation icon things placed nearby

15. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Left a 5 star review on uk AppStore for this great game. Can't wait for the level sharing to be fully implemented, it'l be like our very own LBP!
    Well done on another great game from this dev. I wholeheartedly agree with Gabrien that they have earned the right to be purchased instantly on release based on their prior output.

Also, my iPhone corrected "Metroidvania" to "netted anus". I really don't know what to make of that.

16. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    A "netted anus" is probably better than a "gross anus"

17. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    Someone try my map please the suspense is killing me :)

18. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I would, but not jail-broken, sorry.

My level is around 10 mins now.

19. ysr.

ysr. Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Student
    London
    Fair enough, must be some of you out there with this game :) i updated the map got the teleports and sad computers working and the map is the final..

http://www.mediafire.com/?snkcy908c6t1ajh

put the file here and load it in the editor

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Games without maps are obnoxious for me. You don't want a map that shows you where to go, only one that shows you where you've been. An auto-map. The lack of one here has me unsure if I want to pick this up. I'm not a good navigator, and games that have me running around in circles get old fast.