Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Thanks. If it was named "Level Editor" I would have found it!

Will check it out...

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to Rapisoft for making brilliant games; really enjoying Robot Wants Kitty. If level editor maps can be shared then there'll be no stopping me.

3. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Did you know that if you tap on the robot , you go into menu but if you don't let go , you can actually move the camera to see what's around you just by moving your finger . Pretty neat but should have been told rather than having us to figure out.

4. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Cool! This should help those who are asking for a map!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Very nice game, smooth, great retro sound and graphics but wish there was a map! Find myself getting totally lost and wandering around tons

6. Conan128

Conan128 Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Great game !!!

Hi, really loving this game,
    But what it really needs are more Levels and not a Map. A map could be nice but it would destroy the game experience if done wrong (showing too much).

I played through all of the Levels in 3 Gaming sessions and while i enjoyed it very much (otherwise i wouldn't have played till the end) the game needs more Levels !! and would benefit from a view additional game mechanics.

But let's wait and see what the updates bring.
    ..and yes i Know about the Editor and its really great, but for Big Levels i do think that sth. else is required (Editor for pc).

MfG

7. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I went into this with minimal expectations but got what is my favourite platform game on the device.

It's like Metroid, but sped up - therefore more fun. With all the skills available, there's a great sense of progression, and some of them are just overkill which is lols.

I've only done 1 level and hope it gets different after this though. A map in the vein of castlevania or metroid is the only obvious flaw.

good work!

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I'd like to ask how are the game mechanics? How is the jumping?

In many iOS platformers, the jumping just doesn't feel right, too floaty. I thought League of Evil nailed it, and therefore I enjoyed it a whole bunch.

I will probably get it regardless as I'm a huge fan of Raptisoft (I even helped beta test Solomon's Keep which is one of my all time favorites), even if this game sucks, which I doubt, I could see it as a contribution to Raptisoft. I feel like I ripped him off and owe him some money for buying Solomon's Keep for only $1 :)

Still, I would like to know what you people think of the mechanics?

9. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Is there any plans to have GC integration, achievements and leaderboards and the such? IMO, any game without GC is gimped...

Sorry if it's been asked already.

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    From the Raptisoft forums: http://raptisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1025.0

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    To the devs: if possible, I would some more levels...I've played the actual ones 3 times for now eheh.
    This is an example of a game that will never leave my device!

12. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
  13. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Great game again Raptisoft. Didn't take much persuading from Gabrien's impressions. Will be looking forward to the updates and the facility to share levels. Hope this is your first proper hit and brings you further success.

14. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    The more support this game gets, the more levels it will get, through updates and editor.

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Just bought it! Can't wait to sync it up. :)

btw, how many levels are there?

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Can someone let me know how the jumping feels? Is it spot on like League of Evil (my favorite iOS platformer so far), or is it floaty (like most other iOS platformers)?

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This game is fantastic! Just like LoE but in a futuristic environment. Lovin this game! :)

18. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    #78 Red1, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    The level menu lists six built-in levels. That doesn't sound like many, but I spent more than 15 mins on the first level. There will be plenty of levels to play, as the level builder is built into the game and the dev plans to release the ability to share home-made levels with other players.

I started creating my first level last night and it's fun to design a section, then hit the test button to see how it plays. The level editor let's you place objects, enemies, music changes and power-ups. My friend got RwK so we can make levels for each other.

EDIT: oops, you beat me to it!

19. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The jumping feels good, once your robot is programmed with the double jump skill.

RwK doesn't have the cool wall jumping that's in LoE, but it's responsive and not too floaty. I have no problems with the controls.

20. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    I also am enjoying the editor. How big is your level? I have two which I am proud of. One of mine can be finished in 8 secs if done right!