Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Am reading, am listening. Map might be in 2.0, am talking with Hamumu games about it. :)

First day out is hard to respond a lot... e-mails being pummelled with requests from reviewers and whatnot, and also making big list of customer complaints and things to organize into the "first update" list.

2. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Haha, at least you are listening to your customers is all I can say! I will support you by buying your game.

3. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    I second the post above me because you guys are awesome !

4. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    #44 THE_BOSS, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
    What exactly is kitty connect? Is it the level sharing?

EDIT: doesn't matter, I now know what it is, but not when it is going to be here. Please let it be soon as I have made a map that I should like to share,

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I, too, would like a map. Sometimes, I keep going around in circles given the rather uniform look of the levels.

Great game, BTW.

Gabrien, very good review.

6. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Have to admit, I usually go for pure action platformers, but this has me hooked! The level design is great and has shooting, puzzles and exploration. Each level can be replayed with the aim of besting you previous time. The graphics are crisp and so are the awesome chiptune track. Everything runs perfect on a 2g iPod, no crashes or framerate drops. Now for me the best part is the editor. I have made a map (good, but nowhere near as good as Raptisoft's). You can make huge and tiny levels, puzzle-orientated or monster-blasting levels. This is because (correct me if I am wrong) you have access to all the tools the pre-made levels were made from.

But this game isn't perfect. Two things that I feel could have been put in, and could be put in an update are, first, a map or the aforementioned pinch zoom feature as I found myself getting lost. Second, a tutorial for the editor. I searched everywhere but could not find out what the tiles do! It took me a lot of trial and error to find out what each tile did!

But honestly, I would still recommend this as one of the best platformers on the app store. I, like Gabrien, only kept league of evil for a quick go now and again, whereas this will be played very often.

7. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    I'd have to agree that pinch and zoom is better than a map .

8. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Has anyone else fooled around with the editor yet? You can make some pretty cool stuff!

9. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Ok put that zoom and let's finish this discussion

10. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Does anyone know if this game has retina display? And if it doesn't, how does it look on an iPhone 4?

11. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    It's a little soft at the edges, but nothing that hurts your eyes. Game looks pretty good imo.

12. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    #52 THE_BOSS, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
    When will we be able to share our levels???
    I have a great 2 Minute level that if you like league of evil, you will love.

13. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    +1 same question!

14. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Tried Hoggy last night and I'm sold on RWK now! The comparisons to Metroid and Mega Man don't hurt either.

15. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    You have good taste.

16. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I will buy now if in the first update we can share levels! Raptisoft please answer.

17. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    This is what I did. The contained levels will keep you for interested for a while.

18. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Yes, sharing levels will be in the first update. The holdup is we have to switch servers to a different configuration to handle this. I have a web guy who handles that kind of thing, and it's an issue of banking time with him.

But yes, if you create levels now, you'll be able to upload them when the update comes out.

Create! Create!

19. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Game Impressions

I'm enjoying League of Evil, so decided to check out Robot Wants Kitty (RwK) on my ipad too.

The levels in RwK are much longer eg: i've been playing the current level for over 12 minutes and haven't finished it yet. Whereas some LoE levels can be under a minute per level. For the LoE players asking for longer levels this will appeal.

When I started playing RwK I found myself thinking: this is good, but I wish I could double jump, fire faster and wall jump....and then my robot gained the double jump skill and gained improved fire power. Yes! I haven't played long enough to unlock all the skills yet, but there are more skills available (eg: rocket speed) than the jump and fire featured in LoE. There also seems to be more enemy types and more interactive items than LoE.

The controls in both games are good. LoE feels faster within a smaller environment, while RwK involves more exploring.

Because of the level size, some sort of map function is required in RwK, as mentioned by other users, as I'm already walking around in circles a bit. It sounds like that will be coming in future.

People have been talking about creating their own RwK levels with a level editor, but I haven't noticed an editor? Where is this? I'd better look around for it.

Which game do I recommend? That's easy: At a dollar a piece, get both. These are two great platform games.

20. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    From the main menu tap Play and then Kitty Connect to get to the editor. I know, it's not the most intuitive progression.