Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    This looks soooo good! I hope it does not get ignored because Raptisoft are one of the best Devs on the app store and they deserve our money!

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Yep, that's the ones. There are two more; a mahjong and a slots game, but the ones above are the ones that made the dev's reputation; particularly Solomon's Keep and later Boneyard. Just type "Raptisoft" in app store search to see the lot.

3. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    Solomons keep, boneyard and Hoggy have stayed on my front page since they came out!

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    By the way, having played this for a couple of hours or so now, something I'd like to see added is a (metroid type) map showing which areas have/have not been explored. It's difficult at times to know where to go next, and the wandering around can turn into a (minor) annoyance.

5. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Is there retina display? And are the graphics as blurry as they look in the screenshots on an iPhone 4?

6. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

...thought that also. I guess this is one of the reasons I've held off hitting the 'buy' button.

7. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Never tried Metroid, but bought this game due to Gabrien's recommendations.

Love the game, I really like the mixture of puzzle, platform and action in this title.

I do, however, agree that the game desperately needs a map!
    I am spending an awful lot of time wandering over the same places again and again on the maps.
    Either a map or a zoom-out feature would be great in a future update.

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    ok, now I've finished the third level (short and bossly). awesome game and a great mix of action, platformer, adventure and an intensive use of your memory...I want to say: plz dev don't add a map; guys try to not lose your head and to memorize the way...I didn't need a map (true, sometimes I found myself in the same area 2-3 times) but this game with a map is like when u do 32*45 with your calculator.
    Use your memory and mind fellows, it's the best thing we have and it's powerful...oh my...it's very powerful...don't waste its power

9. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    #29 STYJ, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    About the map thingy , I feel that if a map were to be added , it would allow users to complete the game much faster . Maybe Raptisoft intended for its users to explore rather than simply "lets complete this game ASAP"

Co op would also be nice .

I'm on the verge of buying this game . I've bought all the games released by Raptisoft and I was never disappointed . Waiting for a few more impressions though .

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Must resist urge to reference Freud...

11. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    How many maps are there that have been made in the editor? How is the editor? Raptisoft used to come on these forums often and listen to the opinions of their customers but I fear that they will no longer listen.

12. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    we shall wait and see .

13. THE_BOSS

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    #33 THE_BOSS, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Just watched the trailer and saw that at the main menu it says "add ons". Are these add ons from the editor or are they paid? Oh and if you are listening Raptisoft, I would dearly love an iPhone port of both hamsterball and hap hazard! I would buy them without a second thought!

14. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Loving the game. While I was dreadfully needing a map the whole time I was playing, I feel this game is much better without one. Unless the map is one of the items to be picked up. Since I'm totally hopeless when it comes to directions, I've given up on completing the levels in the shortest time possible but took my leisure to explore around. I may eventually memorize my ways around enough to beat my best time. This is an awesome game in every aspect (details read Gabrien's above), Raptisoft scores again.

15. Infamous Butcher

Infamous Butcher Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Well the reason that raptisoft isn't here so much anymore is that a forum for his games is up. Its a much better place to discuss the games. The link is here

16. Infamous Butcher

Infamous Butcher Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Solomon's keep is a great rouge-like rpg, not a platformer. You have Hoggy if you want a more puzzle oriented rwk.

17. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I disagree very much!
    I've been wandering the "Short & Bossy" map for what seems like forever, having killed everything on the map that I can find, found a chrystal, put it in it's place, seems like I need another one, can't find it.

I'm going around in circles now, and the fun is kind of lost for me due to this.

Also, the reason I mentioned an option to zoom out instead of a map perhaps, would also help to avoid the countless unnecessary deaths occurring when you drop down on enemies and acid baths you can't see....

If not wanting a map is because you want the levels to last longer, I would suggest they make some more levels instead, but with a map and/or a zoom option.

Still loving the game, don't get me wrong, I'm just the tiniest bit frustrated right now... :(

18. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I thought these are supposed to be the challenges of the game, hence the many checkpoints scattered in each level. This is a puzzle game as much as a platformer. After circling for sometime you'll eventually 'get' what your next step should be. A map would greatly defeat the purpose of this game.

19. philhassey

philhassey Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

This game is a ton of fun. Definitely one of the best platformers I've played on iOS. And really, at 99c? Buy it now.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/robot-wants-kitty/id423108053?mt=8

I was a huge fan of the web/flash versions of RWK and this port really does justice to the original. I felt raptisoft did a great job of bringing the controls to the touchscreen. This game also includes a bunch of extra levels that the web version of RWK did not include, so it adds a ton to the game that way. It also has a few extra game mechanics which really add to the experience.

-Phil
    (the Galcon dev, and a beta-tester for RWK)

20. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, pretty friggin' emberassing.. I neglected to just stand still for a second on the teleporter thingy... Spend a LOT of time running around trying to figure out where to go and what to do before that revelation....
    Emberassing :rolleyes: