Universal Robot Wants Kitty (by Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

FYI, an update has been submitted that fixes the crashes on older devices, and also adds a map!

(More levels are also coming in an add-on pack... we're trying to see if the server-side of the level sharing stuff is going to be done really soon or not, but if it's going to take longer than a couple weeks we'll release the level pack as an update, and then enable Kitty Connect in the next update)

2. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    The map update looks really cool, and something thats needed urgently due to the big maps size. As someone said before me, if this game gains a story mode like Metroid it would be much much better, with some conections between levels and some text to go along.

3. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Man, I'm really struggling with this one. I just keep getting lost all the time! :( Hopefully the new map will help! Are there only 6 levels too? I can't seem to find an editor, though I've read some comments that suggest this is one - in fact, it was this that prompted me to take the plunge...

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The editor is the leftmost icon in the menu select screen, it's called kitty or something. This was mentioned near the start of this thread... Have a play, it's fun...

5. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Cheers, I thought it was in there somewhere, but the menus aren't very self-explanatory! I also got terribly lost during even the Notice Level, and kept going over areas I'd already been. I like it, but I don't love it yet... maybe it's a grower.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Well the map is about to be released which will help, and there will be plenty of levels once we can share them with each other.

I like this game /editor, the only thing I miss is the ability to wall jump.

7. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    This ability would be a great addition to this game. Please add it

8. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Will we have to pay for the level packs

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    No, we wont have to pay for user generated levels.

10. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I meant to ask about the addon pack rapisoft mentioned

11. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Drat! When I saw "adds a map" I thought you were adding another level to play through. The map is nice too, but I hope it can be turned on/off as needed. I think I might enjoy having to remember the layouts and since there isn't a penalty for taking your time I didn't mind wandering a bit.

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Great! I just sent you guys a crash report, though :eek:

Glad to hear about the update! :D

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The addition of that map is a lifesaver; for some reason though I couldn't find red doors on the map after I had already found some earlier. It needs a pinch zoom effect (even better if you could do that instead of having to pause). A little pinch zoom and panning ingame would be cool as well to check around for enemies and blind drops.

Can't wait for the online level editor update. :)

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes the map makes your life easier.... when is the kitty share going to be enabled???

15. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    #195 steviebwoy, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    Game Impressions

Personally I just don't get this game at all. I can't get attached to the main character as he seems to have zero personality and I really don't understand what the point of the game is (apart from "getting kitty", of course).

Each level just seems like an endless slog trying to reach the end. I know that the different apps open new parts of the level, but it just doesn't seem fun to me :(

Ah well, can't love them all I guess! :cool:

16. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Game Impressions

I think that there's not much depth of the game and replay value. The gameplay is kinda boring for me. It's just not my taste.:cool:

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Huh? Not enought value? And what about the level editor, did you try it? :p

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Finished all the levels and also Shadow Complex last night. Talk about Super Metroid overload!! :)

19. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Free now!!! :D Great game IMO.

Hope they add sharing soon for user created levels. That would greatly expand the game's potential value.