Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. logik2000

logik2000 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    That sounds like a "memory leak", where memory that is allocated to particular assets isn't recovered once the game is done with it, causing more and more memory to be unavailable to the game over time. It's similar to what I'm talking about.

I'm enjoying the game, regardless. Though, I do miss the tearful head in the score screen. Heh.

Go, go, Team Rainbow!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Meh... with all the issues, grinding, ads, the IAP push... I'm gonna go ahead and pick up RUA Heavy Metal Edition instead... I never got it because I didn't really care for the music (yeah yeah...) but this has just made me want to install the original RUA, and still given me the desire for a 'sequel' - so HME it is! =oD

3. thebza451

thebza451 Active Member

Mar 12, 2009
    where's the customization menu

just got this... heard i can buy THE NEVER ENDING STORY song!

so... where the hell do i buy it? can't see any kind of IAP or customization menu... using iPad Mini.

Thnx.

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I like the lag! It reminds me that I'm IOS gamin' and that I'll eventually have to upgrade hardware just to stay current:D

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    This menu unlocks when you reach Rank 5 or 6

6. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Yeah after rank 5 a music button opens up at the bottom of the screen from where you can select songs. Each song purchased also comes with 500 tears as well but only for the device it was purchased on. Restoring purchases on other devices will give u the dong but not the 500 tears.

7. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Button should unlock at Rank 4.

8. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Yup, I had to get The Never Ending Story too, seems to fit for a neverending runner lol

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Come on, my Rainbow teammates. We are losing to the Infernos!

Also, I love everything about this game (except the very seldom seen ads, which are barely noticeable). I bought Always as soon as music was available, and it does not disappoint!

Game of the Year, maybe Decade. (At least of the Week).

10. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    I am kind of amazed that Inferno is winning the first battle - I had sort of wondered if people would just stick with Rainbow.

11. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Well Rainbow did win the first battle , but we're getting our butts kicked now . Anyone else having trouble flying ? I have wings equipped and hold the jump button at top speed and my wings open and I go down , down , down . I never ascend .

Plus I am noticing quite a bit of slowdown on my touch 5g. Still really fun though .

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I am thoroughly sick of games where people who pay more get to play by different rules.

13. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #113 oldgamer dude, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Well yes you could spend a chunk of cash and max out your stallion and make things easier , but seriously where is the fun in that ?

Then there is the hacking also , but still I'm enjoying it and gladly spent a dollar on music .

Oh and not to derail the thread , but my brother recently told me he's spent about 200 bucks on the IOS lord of the rings game . I was speechless to say the least . I guess that publisher must be making a ton of cash . He's not really even a hardcore gamer , he just got caught up in it I guess . I think he feels really foolish now , but I guess it's no worse than spending a truckload of cash at a pub or buying $$$$ controlled substances .

Anyways .

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This game is SOOOO AMAZING. Can't stop playing. Freemium crack done right. Sight and sound are just too good. And being fast enough to fly through the level and getting further and further gives such a huge adrenalin rush, woah! I'm playing for a couple of hours straight, liked the first game, but this is so much better. Checked the store and bought the tears doubler, since these devs need to get A LOT of money for this endorphin baby!

15. Exzander

Exzander Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    #115 Exzander, Apr 25, 2013
    Wow. As a fan of the original (my friends were surprised I didn't make the game as the music and concept was an inside joke with my friends) I must say I love it but not unconditionally.

The balance, graphics, feel, and online "team" battles are amazing. It just doesn't have that "twitch" feel nor does it have the randomness of the original.

I must say PikPok did an amazing job as always. As for the "hacking" issue... I am grateful that they police the scoreboards as someone had 2 million points last night and now that score is gone.

Is there an automated way you do that or do you just look at it and go "No f-ing way" and delete it?
    I can't believe that more devs don't do this. Especially Roxio.

I'm thoroughly addicted to this game. Too bad Team Rainbow is losing. :(

Edit: the feel of this game is basically Heavy Metal (cartoon) mixed with RUA which at times gets me caught up in the scenery and backgrounds... And BAM I crash.

The most I've seen is the Tajhorse Mahal which comes after the giant dolphin. Is there more after that?

16. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #116 Capricornman, Apr 25, 2013
    $4.99 for a tear doubler, now that makes me cry! Nice to see the leaderboards hacked already. Getting tired of being ask to like something on twitter or Facebook which I have neither and can happily do without. The game crashes at least three times before it kicks in. Then it runs ok but mostly there's a lot of lag coupled with unresponsive jump buttons. I've played I feel quite a bit and still I don't have enough tears to unlock the next unicorn. So with all this going on why would I want at the moment to buy another melody to play the game to when I can barely enjoy playing it now. By the way I do like the default melody anyways. It should be about an enjoyable gameplay and its not happening

17. Exzander

Exzander Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    See my post. They've deleted hacked scores from the Leaderboards which is amazing. So that point is moot.
    By the time you reach Rank 10 or 11, if you save, you'll have more than enough tears. Lag and crashing is probably due to your device.

Also, the graphics are a little grainy. Any chance of higher res backgrounds?

18. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    This is probably my favorite freemium game in a long time. I am enjoying it immensely it added all of the right things to make a great sequel to the first one.

19. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Well at least it's good they're monitoring GC!
    I can always play Never Surrender on my stereo while playing and keep saying to myself I'll never go near those IAPs!

20. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    so I spent some time with RUA2 and I'm not impressed. The track is always the same which is boring after a while. And how can I improve my score? The different wings do nothing for me, the mission "get a score of 75.000 in 3 wishes" seems unreachable for me.
    The game also crashes when I start it + lags a lot. iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.2