Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #81 oldgamer dude, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Mine crashed about 4 times in the beginning and then it seemed fine . I think I just powered it down and back up - didn't even do a reset . It's been fine ever since . Weird .

Touch 5 6.0.1

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Those things are up to Adult Swim, so we can't comment.

3. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Why does it say it works on third gen, but it requires iOS6 and 3rd gen can't have that

4. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    its laggy and unresponsive on my iPhone 5 too ,IOS 6.1.2 JB.

5. Rasec Noir

Rasec Noir Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    Hmmm, what's the description of the heavy metal music on the iap store?
    I don't remember. xP

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    It doesn't actually work on a 3rd gen. I installed it on my 3GS and it crashed on startup every time, even after rebooting (I hadn't expected anything else after reading the thread, but just thought I'd give it a try). That list in the Appstore doesn't mean anything, devs don't control that. You can install the game on those devices, but there's no guarantee that it runs. I always appreciate when devs mention the minimum requirements in the description, but since this is free it's not very important. But if you have a 3rd gen iPod, maybe it helps knowing that it's not just iOS 6 which prevents you from running the game.

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    "Battlefield", by Blind Guardian. The description is, "The sound of Team Inferno's perpetual struggle with Team Rainbow."

Team Rainbow's soundtrack is, of course, Erasure's "Always".

8. Rasec Noir

Rasec Noir Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    Thanks. I remembered having a blast playing the heavy metal version of the game mainly because of that music.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Don't worry Team Rainbow dudes; the game is a lag-a-thon on my device but I still got your backs. ;)

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #90 awp69, Apr 25, 2013
    That's odd. I've been playing it on my 3GS. It did crash on startup at first, but now runs fine. A little jaggy but definately playable. No crashes at all during gameplay.

I'm enjoying it so far and don't mind the ads (although I would pay an IAP to remove them).

EDIT: I must have jinx myself because now it's crashing again at startup even though I had played the game numerous times prior to that between the first crash last night until now. But I guess you can say that if you can get past the loading screen, the game does run pretty well on the 3GS.

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Definitely expands on the originals to the point they're redundant now. I do wish they were a little more clear about the ad removal. I'd definitely spring for one of the songs (the execrable Never Ending Story that is nonetheless "baked" into my mind from one too many lazy afternoons in college ;):eek:) if I knew it would get rid of the ads.

12. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Simply awesome... This is leaps and bounds ahead if its predecessor and a lot if other endless runners. The backgrounds alone are a reason to play!
    Congratulations Pik-Pok, another stellar game.

Go Team Rainbow! :D

planck

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #93 Echoen, Apr 25, 2013
    At least 2 people cheated their scores on the leaderboards. 2 billion in one wish? Come on!

Anyway, currently ranked 12th in 3 wishes. Part of team inferno. It's still pretty close. :p

It randomly gets choppy while playing, typically at the start of a wish. I closed some background apps and it seemed to help. iPhone 5 6.1.2

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I guess im not the only one then. Couldnt play too long without crashing. I hope they optimize... That's my wish for this and TMNT.

15. logik2000

logik2000 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    On the choppiness, it seems to happen for me when continuing after a previous wish. My guess in the dark would be that it has something to do with cached assets and memory management when unloading the previous wish and loading the next one. Or something....

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Sorry if its been asked before... Are the levels randomized? It feels like to me they start out the same. I forgot if the first one was randomized or not though...

17. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    My feeling on the choppiness was it was similar to what temple run oz had at launch as more you played, the more prevalent it became. Concerns me that pik pok comments on the ads issue and not the reports of lag.

And as far as ads, a 4.99 coin doubler purchase should most definitely disable ads along with it.

18. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm gunna have to agree with the bad rating the pocketgamer review site gave this game. It's boring compared to the first game and it lost a lot of the originals charm. I like the graphics tho, but overall this game is disappointing, the new game is definitely mediocre

19. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Previewed "always" in the music store and it sounds like its just music with no singing. Is this true?

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    All the previews are of the looping "instrumental intros" of the various tracks that play over the menus; the songs play in full with lyrics as normal when you actually run, though.