Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I take it from that IAP list that there's no option to play your own music in-game?!

2. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Great game and I don't even like runners. Best one ive played.

Only complaint:

The constantly losing your tears to be able to use upgrades is lame though. It's bad enough you have to pay to use them once but you have to keep paying to keep using which was a pretty transparent idea as it screams cash grab.

3. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nope, you are free to play your own music ;)

There's a bug where tapping the leaderboard icon when there is an option to purchase an extra wish buys the wish rather than showing the leaderboards.

4. mudads

mudads Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Chugging and lagging here as well on my iPhone 5. Enjoying it a ton other than that though.

5. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I get some lag on my iPad 4 sometimes too. Still loving it though - ended up buying the Erasure song just because the game seems wrong without it.

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #66 Delusionaltool, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    This game improves everything from first game and adds to the formula. Game is brilliant its free theres ads not anoying at all. The boosts are supposed to charge you tears if you could use them all the time then it defeats the purpose. Tears are easy to earn. Love you can buy erasure for a buck this is just much more polished then the first game . Team vs team mp like in infinity blade im on team rainbow lol but pretty cool idea.

Cant stop playing this game. The doubler is worth it this game should at least cost something so im all for supporting the devs.

The lag i bet is from the random ads here and there and its tracking stats is your on a team im sure that will get patched.

7. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Would be nice to just buy the boosts for a one time fee instead of paying every run. I'd also like an option to remove the ads. Other than that... Pretty damn awesome game.

8. tyrran

tyrran Active Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Love the game, hate the crashing. Seriously, 1/4 of my runs end with the game crash. iPhone 5, 6.1.2, JB.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I have a question,

Will buying one of the music tracks disable the adverts?

10. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Nope. :mad:

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Damn, well there goes my purchase :mad: I'm not buying anything if I can't remove the ad's.
    Pikpok did the same dumb thing with into the dead? Make no sense why you wouldn't have a remove ad's option.
    Love the game though. Just not the ad's.

12. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    There is a No Ads purchase in Into the Dead, we just weren't able to have it in there for launch.

13. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Well are we going to have a remove ads on this game?
    Why not a thing that if you have any IAP it removes ads.

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yes I know that now but it took so long to put the no ad's option in into the dead that by the time it was there I'd finished playing the game and deleted it so you never got my money.
    What I'm saying is it should be there from the start as it'd be the first thing I'd buy.
    Well I'll probably pick up the erasure track anyway, just because :D
    The new music that's included is still great though has a real 80's cartoon feel to it, like its straight out of transformers or something similar.

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not massively excited by the gameplay, but whoever decided on the 80s digital-fantasy theme deserves a medal.

In fact, it's put me in the mood for similarly-themed movies and albums. Anyone care to suggest some? :)

16. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #76 oldgamer dude, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    Legend , Willow , the Dark Crystal come to mind for movies - although you've probably seen them . Oh and the cartoon Heavy Metal .

Music hmmm , I know some spacy stuff like The Orb and FSOL , Bluetech , Zero One , Ott , etc . Even some Rush and Yes maybe . But I wouldn't really consider any of it fantasy music . I do love the Jim Guthrie album for Sword and Sworcery .

But it's still not quite like what's in RUA 2 .

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've never actually seen Willow, although I think I owned it once. Legend I haven't seen in about a decade so I'll get that.

Love The Dark Crystal :)

18. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Ladyhawke, and any John Carpenter movie/soundtrack from the 80s. ^_^

19. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Seems unlikely; one of the core concepts of this game is that it basically is "Robot Unicorn Attack vs. Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal" (and includes the songs from each of those games as IAP) with players choosing a team to play for, and it'd seem the developers intend to add more levels and music into this one app, rather than create a number of separate games.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've got tons of crashes as well... But on iOS 6.1.2, NOT JB. iPhone 5 as well