Universal Road Warriors: A One-Touch Daily Mad Max Racer [Sign Up For Beta Testing Now!]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lucky Kat, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The game is pretty limited right now snd based on what we are able to play I can tell everyone will be happy with it.
    The daily race is great, makes it have a leap day feel to it kinda.
    As of right now after playing for ten or twenty minutes it kind of feels repetitive only having to tap the opponents and clicking themto blow them up and doing a backflip.
    I know when the full game is done it will be a lot different but right now the gameplay does get old to me.
    I'm really excited for this game and can't wait to see what the full unlock is like.
    I do hope different obstacles are put in there at some point because so much detail is involved i the game but same rock and flip each day .
    Not trying to knock it entirely I hope to play this game forever.
    Maybe objects like a pool to jump over ,oil slicks to avoid, routes to choose from and wrong route that leads to dead end so you have to restart at checkpoint .
    Vehicle upgrades are going to change everything and looks like it will be nice feature.

Gameplay is pretty flawless.
    Controls are easy and won't be any problems.

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed the game does feel like a beta right now, but definitely to be expected. I also can't wait to see how the upgrade system will play out. Maybe make it to where upgrades add visual flare to the car (body upgrades add ramming grill and spikes, tires get larger, engine sticks out of hood etc). One thing I kept thinking when I beat an enemy is how cool it would be to flash a quick cut-scene still done retro style (like the game itself). Also, are more cars and characters on the horizon? But to Jay's point, the gameplay is truly flawless. Physics are perfect.

3. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great feedback guys!!

4. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    I gotta say, I wasn't as super-positive as Eli seemed to be when I played this at GDC. But I don't know what I was expecting. I do say that I like the new direction of the game. The one-touch racing simplifies things to a point to make it unique without taking too much away from the genre. The combat actually makes more sense now as a one-hand game since it's just that transition to using a pointer finger as opposed to playing as a two-thumb game. I also think the daily race mode is a fun idea. I am interested to see how the upgrades system plays out. Heck, I'd be curious to see if the game even needs it. Make a game with Leap Day-esque challenges and keep people coming back for the trophies and unlocking various customizations.

5. Lucky Kat

6. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I can't believe I haven't heard about this game until now. Looks insanely fun. I can't wait to play it!!!

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i can feel some "earn to die" vibe from this one. looking forward to this :)

8. Lucky Kat

You're gonna love it!

9. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Out now in NZ! I'm all over this!