iPad Road trip games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Dec 20, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm planning a looooooooooooooooong road trip in a couple days (part of it is through Kansas:() with one other person and I'm looking for a game that we can play while driving. By that I mean the person behind the wheel can just tell the passenger with the iPhone what to do on their turn.

So far I'm thinking Monopoly is my best bet. Lux DLX is looking pretty awesome and it's the same price, but it might not be so easy to play without concentrating on the screen. It probably wouldn't be worth it at all actually.

I think Monopoly would be the easiest the play on the road and it's a long game.

Any others I should consider?

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Punch Buggy is a good one. And it's free :p

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    lol. Kansas. Umm i would say monopoly. I mean theres pretty much only one type of game for this (board games) so monopoly is your best bet.

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    It hurts me just to think about it. I love driving though this country, but I hate going through the planes. It was neat going through Kansas the first time, but you can only stand driving in a straight line and looking at the horizon for so many hours.

5. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Try driving and playing ZA! I can almost imagine how it will work.

"Left, left, left, no, right, yeah there, build that cannon, left, left, up, up, up somemore, up, yeah there, go upgrade that axe, go left, no i mean right, no i mean down and right, yeah down somemore, right, right right, damn my shack, activate the shack defense!"

6. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Take EDNG with you :p

7. divabimbers

divabimbers Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Scrabble or any others of its ilk could be good ones too for a long road trip since they'll be easier to control while in a moving car. That is, if you're into those sort of games.

8. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    #8 Everydaynormalguy, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    Seriously, NotYou is in Colorado and I'm in AZ so it's feasable...
    Better yet, we can form some kind of detective team and solve mysterious cases along the way. We shall call ourselves Police Cops...

9. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Im from Kansas so I can feel your pain having to drive across the state :D - As for games to play while driving, any of the trivia games would be good (you could read the question and answers aloud and let the driver answer) - my favorite trivia games are: Are you smarter than a 5th grader, who wants to be a millionaire, and Game show king (All three games have TONS of questions so you probably won't run into repeats).

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Haha, awesome!

11. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Scrabbles also a game that you can play on the road