Universal Road Rush Racer - Endless Arcade Racer by Kloppe Media

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ragno, Jul 9, 2015.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Haha, nice! I was waiting for the update, but guess I better get back to playing it then!

I usually hate these twitch games because I suck at them, but this one somehow didn't get me stressed out. The more I play it the more I feel I improve, it's a really nice feeling.

The same happen with other games that use similar mechanics: Kube Rush and Magic River.

2. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

The tank can also only take 1 crash.

We have considered adding an armor component, but discarded it, because it would just be a too big advantage.
    But with the new update it will be possible to upgrade your home, this will enable you to start directly with a higher score 500/1000/1500/2000, so you don`t have to start everytime from 0.

We have also improved the traffic flow and it should now be a bit easier to achieve higher scores.

We hope it will not take too long until it is approved ;)

3. DanielHarris

DanielHarris New Member

nice post

We chose to make it iOS8+ predominantly because of execution reasons, i don`t think it will run great on iPhone 4 or more established, sad.....

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The update is available. It's great!

I love the ramps! I took the city bus on a ramp it was hilarious! Excellent update Devs!

The fuel system isn't bad either. It's not too stressful.

Billy

5. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil

Woot! Thanks for the heads up Billy, will check it right away!

6. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Yes, it`s finally available :D

I hope you like the update and if you have any issues, please let me know!

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's not remembering the last car I used. It's making me re-choose it whenever I go back to play.

Billy

8. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

That`s very strange... :confused:
    Does is also happen when you press "restart" or only when you closed the app?
    With which car does this happen? Did you try it with another car?

Thanks!

9. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #29 hvianna, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    AWESOME UPDATE!! I was a bit afraid that the gameplay would change too much, but you guys nailed it with the new features!

The ramps are fun and the new combo system adds more spice to the game, forcing the player to take more risks. Thanks to that I boosted my high score threefold! The tuned forklift is my new favorite vehicle :cool:

And the new airport area is really beautiful! Although it causes a huge framerate drop on my iPad mini 2 - from the usual 58-60fps down to 26-30fps. But I actually keep crashing because I'm looking to the big aircrafts and all the other details :p

So I really hope this game gets more attention as it's one of the best high score chasers I've ever played! Thanks guys for all the fun! :D I bought the all cars IAP to support you guys, and updated my rating and review on the AppStore, hope it helps a little.

Edit: forgot about the slow-motion powerup - not sure if you guys tweaked it, but it seems a lot better to use now!

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's when I close the game out. It happens with any car I select. I come back to the red original.

What's even more weird is it didn't happen. I selected another car. Closed it out. And this time it didn't switch back to the red car. This is very perplexing. I will try to narrow it down if it continues to happen like earlier.

Billy

11. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

@hvianna: Thank you very much! Really glad you like it! :)
    And your Highscore is really sick! :eek:

@Billy: I`m a bit confused... the original car is the blue one, which red one do you mean? Could it be that you choose in the select car screen a grey (unlocked) car? If you do this without unlocking it and go back to the main menu, it will automatically go back to your last used unlocked car.

12. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Yep, I managed to do one great run with a lot of near-misses and keeping the multiplier high. Is there a limit to the combo multiplier? I would suggest having a leaderboard on GameCenter for highest combo too.

Edit: Oh, and I think I found a small bug. Everytime I open the game, the first play is limited to 30fps even if it's configured to 60fps in the settings.

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

So I have 2 requests for the next update:

1) for the power ups. Can you please put some clue as to when they are about to end? Like a count down or something? I constantly crash because it's just like BAM power up is finished. It's a bit frustrating.

2) a cash doubler IAP. I'd buy it to show further support.

What plans do you have for the game? I love the recent update. Are you guys working on any other projects? You've made a fan here :)

Billy

14. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Thanks! Great to hear! ;)

Regarding the power-ups, you can see when the "nitro-boost" ends by keeping an eye on the camera position, when you collect the boost, the camera will zoom out and if the boost ends it will zoom back in.

Regarding further updates i can`t promise too much, since the download numbers are unfortunately not very good...

And yes, we are already working on a new project, i can`t tell too much yet, but it will be a (very cool) clicker game ;)

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well count me in if there is a beta. For some reason I just love clicker games. I have 4 on my iPhone right now. I play time clickers and tap adventure everyday.

As to RRR you need to just get the word out. It's actually a really great game. I really hate the fact that good games get crapped on unless you have a huge advertising budget.

Btw I have not tried all the vehicles since I had purchased the unlock. I tried the fire truck. It's so kick ass with the siren and lights going! I was a fire medic for 12 years. Brings back memories. Lol

Billy

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    How fitting I crashed into a police car using the fire truck lol

I love this game it was with the $2.

Billy

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    This always happens. I use the app to use the site and it doesn't always apply the picture.

Billy

Edit- Devs I still want the tank to fire. Please lol

Attached Files:

18. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    We are currently working on our next game, but RRR will get an update in the future with new cars, but i can`t promise anything regarding shooting tank ;)

19. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

We have been taking a little break from our next game, to release an update for Road Rush Racer, and it will be really cool :D

[​IMG]

New Features:
    - Action Events can be triggered in some Areas which will clear the road for you
    - new environments, house upgrades and awesome vehicles
    - changed to landscape format and new driving perspective
    - and much more!

We hope to finish it in the next 1-2 weeks + the time apple takes for approval, so it should be available somewhere in february...

Hope you like it! ;)

20. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Awesome! Great to know you guys are still investing in the game. I really hope it gets more love from players.

Looking forward to the update!