Universal Road Not Taken (By Spry Fox)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I do not want to spoil anything (I'm on Year 11 now) but the attention to detail by the devs in this game is astounding.
    It's what separates a good game from an awesome one.

Super tiny spoiler regarding the 'look':

Your character grows and gets old!!! Too cool!!!

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For Danc.

Not sure if it's a bug (I think it is) but I got confirmation that trophies (the ones in your bedroom) disappear.
    I just got married again in year 14, got a nice trophy (+1 ban object)...tried a run and died.
    The trophy was gone from the house.
    The first two trophies I got still persist tough.

Is this supposed to be so?

Also...now difficulty says: LETHAL DIFFICULTY...not sure why (and yeah, it's pretty lethal).
    I generally use two -1 kids item but I always get 5 or 7 kids to save, not sure if it's working ok.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So....just completed my first career :)

What an awesome game!!!

For the ones curious, the book persist after you complete the game!

Last levels were SPECTACULAR.

4. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Has anyone else played this apart from Pitta ## Great feedback from him. Makes the game sound amazing. Just wondering if there is any similarity to Triple Town. Also how difficult does it get.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Playing this regularly.

It's tremendous. And exceptionally hard.

Lots of character development, in ways that are organic and, IMO, both unobtrusive AND add to the game.

I've yet to get past year five. But am keen to do so.

Feels like there's one heck of a lot to learn.

6. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I actually bought it over the weekend. Just had a quick look at it. I love the mood the game creates. I am looking forward to getting stuck into it over the next few nights.

7. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    huge sale. 1$.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #88 L.Lawliet, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Oh sweet I see the sale now! I think I'll finally pick this up even though I have so many games to play..

9. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Picked it up and been playing all day.....made it to year 5 on first run.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It's not clicking with me very well. I can't even get past the tutorial. I'm having trouble figuring out the throw mechanism and how to put things next to each other.. Everything seems to need way to much walking around.

11. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Same here.. I bought this game the last time it was on sale. In the course of 2 or 3 startup attempts spread out over a couple of days, I was not able to make it out of the Tutorial. I was tempted to go online to find a walkthrough to see what I was doing wrong, but then remembered something....that is, if I need a manual to get a game 'started', it's usually not going to be something I want to play anyway (on mobile). I 'may' try it again sometime in the future.

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Okay.. That went much better this time.. On those other play attempts, I was either too stoned, or too impatient for it to click. This time I saved the kids and started Year 2 with no problem. I really do love the graphics and audio, and wanted to like this game the first time, looks like I have my chance this time around.

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, there's a lot to positioning, avoidance and when to pick up things and drop them.
    It's the ability to assess the whole room, whilst remembering what was in the last room that brings the challenge.
    Normally I'm not a puzzle fan but this is more memory/logic/pathfinding which is quite refreshing,
    Oh, and I'm having a beer or two now and didn't do well on my current run.....says it all...Haha.

14. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Game is on sale
    0,99$
    good way to buy it before the price goes up
    i dont think that it will be free