RjDj Shake - Now available

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by thinkdontpray, Dec 29, 2008.

1. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
  2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I'm pissed that they haven't added anything new to the original RjDj album... Hopefully they will soon, as they said they were going to. Hopefully they aren't just pulling an X-plane on us...

3. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    "pulling an x-plane on us"... hmm.. catchy! aha.
    anyways. I was pissed about x-plane saying hey! pay more for this too! so i deleted it.
    and i really hope that they update the original album too because I just got my apple headset today and love it! please dont go and try to make me hate you RJDJ team!!

4. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    It's not fair.
    I wouldn't purchase the new app even if really enjoyed RJDJ album.
    RJDJ album looks so rough and clearly misses some parts.

I don't want to make the same mistake I experienced with PaklSound and PaklSound Deluxe (bought both of them but then they became the same app).

5. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Since I have a touch I may pick this up because I couldn't enjoy the original. They both look like really cool concepts

6. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I never thought of that, The original RjDj doesn't work on the touch? Have you tried the iphone headphones with?

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    It works with the 2G, but you also need the Apple headphones with mic.

Can anyone who has this app give a quick, descriptive review or some first impressions of it? I've always thought RJDJ apps looked pretty amazing, but I'd like to know what someone else thinks.

Thanks in advance :)

8. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    this app is incredible but not as ground breaking as the first app. mainly because most of the scenes dont really require the mic input and are basically pre-programmed melodies that you alter depending on how you're holding or shaking the device. regardless, its well worth 3 dollars.

9. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I love the RjDj album, I actually went out and bought the headphones for it just for that reason. I hope the shake albums are just supposed to be for touch users. I was told that the original RjDj would be getting updates, and I hope that it will still happen. If they do then I will buy the shake version. Because if it's anything as good as RjDj album then it's worth it.

10. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Has anyone tried both? I have a 2g touch so I have RjDj Shake which is pretty cool. I actually just got the microphone so I can try album, but wondering if the 'scenes' are similar, or totally different? I have RjDj single and the one that just makes my voice robot-y is kinda boring.

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You need to buy the Album for WorldQuantizer alone! This scene is so stunning. Also Eargasm is exactly what its name is promising! All in all
    the Album is much more a revolution than Shake... because of the different
    input possibilities which are endless. Shake is more or less one sound for every
    position or the mix of all plus some sound effects while shaking. But still
    a fantastic app.... I truellY love both!

12. holliberry

Jan 7, 2009
    #12 holliberry, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
    Quadruple edit.... nevermind me, I got it to work :) very cool!

13. holliberry

Jan 7, 2009
    Ok I may have lied. I seem to be having some problems with this app and I can't tell if it's the app itself or my mic adaptor (Griffin SmartTalk). It seems like sometimes it works fine, but other times, I don't hear the background noise, and when I talk into the mic it's just a weird kinda vibrate-y robotic sound of my voice. I edited my previous post because the first time this happened I noticed the earbud jack wasn't completely inserted into the mic piece, but it happened again later.... not sure if I need to replace the mic thing I bought. Am I the only one that's had this problem?