Rise of the Goat (20 promo codes)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by willy.c, Feb 9, 2015.

1. willy.c

willy.c Well-Known Member

#1 willy.c, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

Rise of the Goat is being released this thursday. Here are 20 promo codes if someone would like to try. Let me know if they all get redeemed and I'll post some more.

9A9MY37FHA6E
    LHW4F3NHEXXR
    NW4TKH6K749A
    X7LYL4FNXX6R

KA7K74FMK9FA
    KR9X34J7RPT9
    AJYYJFWFRPAT
    HATN33JHAE6A

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!
    636P3X94LYA9

3. sibche

sibche New Member

Feb 6, 2015
    FREJ7XTL7LLY
    thanks

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Used 4HW4H7PM43W3

Thanks! :)

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    9YMMKLY74RKJ thanks :)

6. jonwilf

jonwilf Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Used HAF7TW6J34LT thanks

7. Soultouch

Soultouch Member

Jan 7, 2015
    TJMR9MHEYT49
    Thank you! :)

8. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    All codes have been redeemed.
    If you are still planning on posting more, I would love to have one.
    Thanks!

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I recommend not to have ads to come up until after several deaths. Some people will immediately get turned off by the ads without even really trying the game. Let them first get hooked into the game then give them ads.

10. willy.c

I uploaded a new version just now that holds back the interstitials. But are they really that bad? I only use chartboosts static interestials, I find them very discrete and are quick for the user to dismiss.

Anyway, 10 more promo codes added. Let me know what you guys think about the game :)

FYRPRAJN9AML
    9A9MY37FHA6E
    LHW4F3NHEXXR
    NW4TKH6K749A
    X7LYL4FNXX6R

KA7K74FMK9FA
    KR9X34J7RPT9
    PEY3AMTLMJ36
    AJYYJFWFRPAT
    HATN33JHAE6A

11. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #11 Lavender, Feb 11, 2015
    An addicting, frustrating little game! LOL!!

I almost got in trouble today because I was playing it while waiting in line for a new ID on a military installation. I think I yelled something like; "quit blowing up those spots!" I quickly had to say... "An iPad game! An iPad game!" LOL

The ads are quite frustrating. How much will ad removal be?

Thanks!

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    PEY3AMTLMJ36 taken...

thanks a lot!

13. Bigperm9

Bigperm9 Active Member

Jun 12, 2012
    FYRPRAJN9AML is taken. Thanks for the code.

14. willy.c

#14 willy.c, Feb 11, 2015
    Hahaha! Hope no one got hurt ;)
    The ad removal will be the lowest possible,"tier 1", I think that's about USD 1.00.

I don't want to turn anyone off because of the ads. Would you say the ads are more annoying than most other ios games? Which are worse, interstitials or banner ads?

15. willy.c

My app is being released later tonight, here are some more promo codes if you want to try it right now

FPJHFPP3PXMA
    HFWY7LNAHJY3
    6WHWF6JAJTMN
    A6FXHWHRTA4W
    WAKHJXN4XF66
    X76MH97YAYNP
    4KA46P77AFLX
    WA649LKYXWRA
    FWT7KJRLKEJJ
    RN63PYX4Y4MP

16. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I wanted to play some more before responding so that I could give you better feedback.

I agree with Coolpepper that the ads should not start immediately. Give the player some time to get to know the game and like it so that they will want to either purchase the ad removal iap or play despite the ads. Keep in mind, that there are many people who will never purchase iap's or games etc., regardless of the dev's hard work. For them, your only small revenue will be those ads. Getting them hooked on the game before the ads start is beneficial.

And no, I would not say the ads are more annoying than most other ios games. And of course I think they're frustrating. They're suppose to be so I'll want to purchase the ad removal iap! LOL

Interstitial versus banner ads: they both have an equal ammount of annoyance. Just make sure that the banner ads don't appear near the controls and that pop up ones don't pop up during game play. So... your fine.
    The ones I really hate are the interstitials that are videos that you can't close until it's finished! But.... no complaints if there's an iap for ad removal.

What's worse, is when a dev leaves ads in a PAID app. That dev is nothing more then a thief. But obviously, this is always up for debate. So I will say nothing more on that subject... LOL

The game. As I said before, I do love the game. I really love how when the goat is falling, his legs are still moving! LOL
    It's a great high score chaser. Unfortunately, sometimes high score chasers become monotonous. That being said, i would suggest that you also have different animals or characters that players can earn by how high they go, or scores, or coins if you added them. If you want extra work, you could change the background also, ie: sheep would land on clouds, elephants on peanuts, a dog on a dog bone, Monkey on a banana, pig on a frying pan.. (KIDDING!!)... Having different characters can give players an incentive to keep playing.

As it is now, it is a great game but a temporary one for me. But don't take that the wrong way. It's still a cute game. And later, I will pay for the iap to support the dev. Especially because I think it's great when a dev comes here to the forums and listens to what others have to say and is active. Thank you for that. And good luck to you!!

17. damydam

damydam Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    4KA46P77AFLX used

many thanks :)

18. willy.c

I agree that it's not very motivating to have an ad show up immediately after the first try. I've already sent in a new version fixing this.

Yeah I am not a big fan of video ads, I want to try this reward video thing for my next project, but only if there's a significant increase in ad revenue.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it! It would be fun with some more highscore rewards.
    You do get rewarded with up to 4 companions. An if you listen closely, they are they are doing this little dark knight rises chant http://youtu.be/sjRo-c-8cL8?t=58s :D

19. hafiztanzil

hafiztanzil Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Student
    Bangladesh
    Got X7LYL4FNXX6R from the first page.
    Thanks for the code :)